Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

Port A so we just drink bud light. Imperial in Costa Rica. Cindy drinks her vodka/soda occasionally but mostly sticks to our beers. What’s the opposite of beer snobs? We are that. I hate chocolate, never have worn a sombrero and the only clown shoes I like are the high helmed variety. This sounds like a terrible beer.

You rock!

I make my chicken fried steak not by dredging the steaks through flour but rather through Peanut Butter Captain Crunch pulverized in a food processor. 

That's right. Peanut Butter Captain Crunch Chicken Fried Steaks. 

Don't hate the playah. Hate the game.

Has Ewers committed to any school yet or am I up checking this thread at 3:02 a.m. for no reason?

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I got thrown out of a bar on 6th St in college. Literally thrown out. Like Ron White, I was drunk in a bar...they threw me into pub-lick! It happened so fast that they couldn’t “ban” me. 

Also threw a bunch of bags of trash into a Miata parked behind Taco Bell in West Campus after late-night drinking at Antone’s once. Leaving the top down on Daddy’s Miata where your drunk peers roam is probably not a great idea. 

The amazing thing is that I never got thrown out of a bar in Austin back in the day. I’m sure I should have been out on my ass on many occasion. I didn’t ever cause trouble, like fighting, so maybe that was it. But holy shit we got drunk especially in the early to late 90’s. I’m not sure there was a bar in town we couldn’t go to and give 10 bucks to the bartender to drink for free for the night. God bless Abel’s, 606, Wylie’s, paradise, liberty lunch, continental club, district, hula hut, el arroyo, and  especially cedar street, all the others too. Good times.

• Hook 'Em 2

r U not on the coast? Beer has to be only one. Clown Shoes Chocolate Sombreros, 

I, too, am a fan of the clown shoes product. However, I’m a Beast From the Far East kinda fella. But I’ve never really had a clown shoes I didn’t enjoy. Unless it was an IPA. IPAs taste like equal parts ass and foot.
686a58d9b3c22ded604e1f423a475857.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, Txslnghrns said:

Fuk a buncha cereal for breakfast. When I eat breakfast I want a meal that’s gonna power me thru the day. There’s really only one meal that suffices.
62e615d78f2f595ecaa021d3b57cf9fb.jpg
And you can’t forget the Mickey Mouse shaped pancake.

We went thru a page or 2 to get rid of the CFS talk and you do that. Looks DAF.  Good job.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Txslnghrns said:

I, too, am a fan of the clown shoes product. However, I’m a Beast From the Far East kinda fella. But I’ve never really had a clown shoes I didn’t enjoy. Unless it was an IPA. IPAs taste like equal parts ass and foot.
686a58d9b3c22ded604e1f423a475857.jpg

This is a real thing and it’s fucking up my worldview.

• Hook 'Em 1

We went thru a page or 2 to get rid of the CFS talk and you do that. Looks DAF.  Good job.

giphy.gif
To be fair….
Nobody had mentioned it as a breakfast choice. Buncha green been, mashed potato, okra as a side talk. I didn’t want to leave out the CFS’ rightful place on your breakfast table. Eggs, biscuits, and a Mickey Mouse pancake compliment a CFS just as well. In fact, I may hit River Oaks Cafe or Dixie house in funky town this weekend for a CFS breakfast…

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

r U not on the coast? Beer has to be only one. Clown Shoes Chocolate Sombreros, 

Totally down with the Clown Shoes in a non-Juggalo way - Space Cake variety. Did just get an unexpected gift delivered out of the blue - $1,700 worth of whisk(e)y, so apparently gonna have to start drinking the aqua vitae in addition to my Space Cakes.

D7EEFD11-5D5C-4ED7-907B-20E0325CBEA7.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Txslnghrns said:

Fuk a buncha cereal for breakfast. When I eat breakfast I want a meal that’s gonna power me thru the day. There’s really only one meal that suffices.
62e615d78f2f595ecaa021d3b57cf9fb.jpg
And you can’t forget the Mickey Mouse shaped pancake.

Very nice. Personally I get my eggs over easy so I can mix the yolk in with everything else but ain’t nitpicking 

So is this basically over? I didn’t see any reporting yesterday that Joey Maguire actually went in-home with QE yesterday, and QE is coming to Austin on Saturday. No reports of “the Double Eagle guys have upped their offer and the Tech side is feeling good.” Liucci is whining on Twitter about how much we are paying to get QE, and there’s no sign aggy is going to get involved. I don’t want to jinx anything but during all the CFS talk it seems as if the drama went away and the biggest variable is who QE will bring with him. 

5 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

So is this basically over? I didn’t see any reporting yesterday that Joey Maguire actually went in-home with QE yesterday, and QE is coming to Austin on Saturday. No reports of “the Double Eagle guys have upped their offer and the Tech side is feeling good.” Liucci is whining on Twitter about how much we are paying to get QE, and there’s no sign aggy is going to get involved. I don’t want to jinx anything but during all the CFS talk it seems as if the drama went away and the biggest variable is who QE will bring with him. 

Stay focused 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

TTUDad2012 sounds like a vindictive little fella.

So, it seems based on that reporting, Ewers did meet in person with the new OC but not the Head Coach. Meanwhile, he prepares to visit UT this weekend, as we also entertain many top recruits. I have no concrete information to support this, but I suspect he’ll be a Horn, and this weekend will be a giant ass party to celebrate it/woo other fence-sitters to join the movement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

If I’m a Tech fan I’m definitely listening to the guy who was reporting that McGuire would be going in home last night and then he showed up at a banquet in Houston.

What if I told you that banquet was serving chicken fried steak? Would that change your opinion?

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Will post an unpopular opinion:

0% chance I’m headed to Texas if I’m QE. Our Oline is a fucking disaster, we have exactly 1 WR that can catch a football, and I’m not even sure we have TEs.

So you’d rather go to the Tech program that got beat 70-35 by a team without an O-Line, no TEs, and one WR?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

0% chance I’m headed to Texas if I’m QE. Our Oline is a fucking disaster, we have exactly 1 WR that can catch a football, and I’m not even sure we have TEs.

It's not an unpopular opinion, it's just you doing some more attention-seeking.

But yes, we all recognize that you can't even imagine being really awesome at something and having the associated knowledge and confidence that other people who are awesome st that thing will follow you. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Yeah, but the other team is Tech.

Our O-Line is fine.  We're picking up at least one WR in the portal.  Juan Davis was showing signs of life and Gunnar Helm is already in the rotation.

We got Bijan.

46 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

SIAP:

7E183ACC-6EC3-4822-8394-B16EB78CD00C.jpg

image.thumb.png.73480ae19b319c47f7ec7eb4fd51182a.png

“Yesterday we reported that McGuire would have an in home meeting with Ewers. Those reports were wrong. Thank you for your $9.95. Not to worry, though! Tech is still in this thing! Absolutely! No question!”

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It's not an unpopular opinion, it's just you doing some more attention-seeking.

But yes, we all recognize that you can't even imagine being really awesome at something and having the associated knowledge and confidence that other people who are awesome st that thing will follow you. 

I remember another time I was attention seeking when I commented that I felt bad for Bijan when he committed to Texas. Then I remember getting absolutely annihilated for the sentiment. Then I remember flashing forward 2 years when every person that shredded me posted in the Bijan thread that they felt sorry for him that he was wasting away surrounded by mediocrity/incompetence.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 8

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I remember another time I was attention seeking when I commented that I felt bad for Bijan when he committed to Texas. Then I remember getting absolutely annihilated for the sentiment. Then I remember flashing forward 2 years when every person that shredded me posted in the Bijan thread that they felt sorry for him that he was wasting away surrounded by mediocrity/incompetence.

Yeah, but his other option was going to Ohio state. As far as we know Ewers other option is Tech. I don’t think we need to elaborate on the differences.

55 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

This would be a fine point if the other team he is considering wasn't a team that lost to us 70-35 this year. But, the other team he is considering is a team that lost to us 70-35 this year. Soooo.... you're dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TexasPride10 said:

This would be a fine point if the other team he is considering wasn't a team that lost to us 70-35 this year. But, the other team he is considering is a team that lost to us 70-35 this year. Soooo.... you're dumb. 

I think the schools he is considering are poor choices.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 10

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust