Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

Just lock this thread.  The kid wants to go play in the shitty big 10.   We’re going to get a badass qb under sark that’s going to put up badass numbers and then we’re going to whoops Ewers ass in the CFP and make him forever regret being a little bitch and going out of state.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Just lock this thread.  The kid wants to go play in the shitty big 10.   We’re going to get a badass qb under sark that’s going to put up badass numbers and then we’re going to whoops Ewers ass in the CFP and make him forever regret being a little bitch and going out of state.  

Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

18 minutes ago, victory88 said:

shhhh this can be the quarantine zone for the UoB weirdos

• Like 2

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

He will get Ewer’d

13 hours ago, TexasEx said:

Listened to a Hamilton signing day interview on ESPNU radio tonight. When asked about Ewers, he suggested the impediment to a flip could be a desire not to appear wishy washy. Also talked about the great relationship with Ryan Day and Cory Dennis. Then talked about Ewers’s familiarity with Sark and his offense from his Bama recruitment. Closed with comparing Ewers to Ehlinger growing up rooting for the horns. Suggested people would understand and cut him some slack IF he flipped back to his childhood hometown team after a coaching change...

So pretty much the narrative is planted and it’s happening. 

Is urban not gonna hire his SIL Corey to Jax?

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Is urban not gonna hire his SIL Corey to Jax?

He's not good enough...  Sark should be like..u know he's cool.. but he can't really develop you into a QB the NFL will covet, if he could he would be the QB coach in JAX.. but even his FIL don't want him.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, texifornia said:

He's still recruiting for them, though. Even if it hasn't borne fruit.

so... just like when he was a commit for UT..  First Winfield, then Blue.. next up Stewert then another big name (Harris? Campbell?) and maybe he wants to get back into the GC all of the sudden again?

Excited Youtube GIF by Rosanna Pansino

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

Or we'll do that when we play the fuckeyes in Columbus in 2025 and our defense makes him their bitch. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We all know that Ewers hard committed to tOSU and is even recruiting for them... 

Milroe hard-committed to us and recruited for us. Ewers committed to us and recruited for us. Recruits help recruit, especially top QBs. Whether he's recruiting for them or not is immaterial to me. Flipping him is going to be hard regardless, but I do believe there is a small chance. We'll see what this staff can do early hitting the ground. Don't have a good feeling if we get to next season and he's still committed, though anything can happen. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

Milroe hard-committed to us and recruited for us. Ewers committed to us and recruited for us. Recruits help recruit, especially top QBs. Whether he's recruiting for them or not is immaterial to me. Flipping him is going to be hard regardless, but I do believe there is a small chance. We'll see what this staff can do early hitting the ground. Don't have a good feeling if we get to next season and he's still committed, though anything can happen. 

We'll have to win the BIG XII and make it to the playoffs to have any chance at flipping him, let's just be real here. Absolutely nothing will happen before the season. 

Let this thread fall into the shadow realm until there are rumblings of an immanent flip from this guy.

51 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

So the exodus of premier players in the state for the '22 class will be heading to columbus shortly?  

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I'm glad that an obvious attempt at humor is being taken so seriously.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

We'll have to win the BIG XII and make it to the playoffs to have any chance at flipping him, let's just be real here. Absolutely nothing will happen before the season. 

Let this thread fall into the shadow realm until there are rumblings of an immanent flip from this guy.

Not at all how modern QB recruiting works. And tOSU is probably going to walk into the Playoff again like they always do.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Obviously I disagree. tOSU will probably win their conference and make the playoffs also. I think the longer it goes, the more comfortable it is to stick with it. Maybe too late right now as it is. They need to get their heels into him early, see if he likes what he sees during the spring. Go for it. 

Edited by UncleBuck

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Not at all how modern QB recruiting works. And tOSU is probably going to walk into the Playoff again like they always do.

So you think if he doesn't flip before the season (highly likely) then sees us go 8-4 or even 9-3 that he'll all of a sudden consider us rather than the perennial CFP powerhouse he's already committed to? I wish I had your optimism. We'll see I guess.

2 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

So you think if he doesn't flip before the season (highly likely) then sees us go 8-4 or even 9-3 that he'll all of a sudden consider us rather than the perennial CFP powerhouse he's already committed to? I wish I had your optimism. We'll see I guess.

You are entirely misreading that. There is no chance he flips once the season starts unless tOSU absolutely implodes.

Fwiw I think the ship has sailed and we're getting Murphy.

Edited by texifornia

5 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Texas will have at least one QB committed in the next two months

How do you not consider a HC that schemed so well that he hung an tOSU linebacker out to dry trying to cover DeVonte Smith. I don't think the tOSU coaching staff is talented enough to win a National Championship. They will always be in the CFP because of talent, but they will always be the Bridesmaid and never the Bride. This coaching staff could beat them with half the talent. That has to count for something.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, CHIEF said:
4 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

How do you not consider a HC that schemed so well that he hung an tOSU linebacker out to dry trying to cover DeVonte Smith. I don't think the tOSU coaching staff is talented enough to win a National Championship

Absolutely. Which is why you try and build off of that now while it's still fresh. Still a small window, but very unlikely. 

19 minutes ago, Run Run Run Punt said:

Ewers is gone.  It ain't happening.  You can thank Tom Herman for that mess. 

Disagree with this thought process. I doubt he was given an ultimatum by OSU so he could have just opened things up without committing elsewhere and then picked in Spring like most QBs. He wanted to go there and has given no evidence he wants to flip. That's fine, but not waiting to see where everything landed till after the season is fully on Ewers.

19 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

How do you not consider a HC that schemed so well that he hung an tOSU linebacker out to dry trying to cover DeVonte Smith

They were basically out of options. They had like 4 healthy, capable DBs that game. And may have had a DB get injured at somepoint, too?

Let's keep in mind they were a game removed from outscheming and beating the piss out of a Clemson staff that has 2 titles on the wall. 

Nahlin said this morning he "leans towards predicting (Ewers) will be a Horn" and if we don't get Ewers the qb take will be Klubnik fwiw. 

He was hedging hard as hell on Ewers though, also saying it was hard for him to predict him in the class so what it's worth is probably nothing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Nahlin said this morning he "leans towards predicting (Ewers) will be a Horn" and if we don't get Ewers the qb take will be Klubnik fwiw. 

He was hedging hard as hell on Ewers though, also saying it was hard for him to predict him in the class so what it's worth is probably nothing. 

I like this news, but Eric's predictions are not good from what I've seen. I hope I'm wrong and he has an actual insider in the Ewers camp. I'd feel better if it were Gerry saying it. 

Yall need to watch Sark's coaching clinic video. Sark appears to make QBing in his system very easy. Strict progression of reads. Read 1 is open, throw it there, no matter what. Read 1 is covered, read 2 is open, throw it there. Just need a dude who is accurate.

Much of what we saw from Bama's offense is what Sark has been running for years including at Atlanta. It's all on tape for DCs to game plan against. Yet he still drug his nuts all over everyone's face this year. 

Getting Ewers would be great but QB is the last position I'm worried about with Sark. If Ewer joins, great. If not, fuck him.

• Hook 'Em 8

7 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Was this in an interview or something? Don't see it on the site. Could be interesting if he posted and later removed that comment.

8 hours ago, CHIEF said:

How do you not consider a HC that schemed so well that he hung an tOSU linebacker out to dry trying to cover DeVonte Smith. I don't think the tOSU coaching staff is talented enough to win a National Championship. They will always be in the CFP because of talent, but they will always be the Bridesmaid and never the Bride. This coaching staff could beat them with half the talent. That has to count for something.

CHIEF

More importantly a coach who has a better track record of putting QB's in the NFL that have performed better than Ohio States.

8 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Nahlin is speaking to his audience

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

I predict Ewers will be a Longhorn, unless he's not. FUPM.

well he's hinting at another commitment on twitter right now.. Burton changed his profile pic to the pic of ewers deer head..  Yeah guess he's locked in with them for good..  wonder if it's a Texas kid that's announcing

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust