Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

37 minutes ago, TXRed said:

Call me crazy, but I don’t think Murphy’s commitment would deter Ewers from flipping IF he really wanted to, and there’s no way in hell Sark would turn him away. 

I am not sure if Ewers wants to flip to us. In a recent interview with Sam Spiegleman, he said the reason he committed to OSU was because they had a great system that won a lot of games and that they developed QBs and put them in the league. It would take Texas a very good season to sway him in my opinion. It will be an even harder uphill battle now with us having a top QB in the class. I just don't see it happening.

Ewers is a much better QB than Malik at this point in their career but it may change in 2-3 years. You have to like the tools Maalik have. We just have to wait and see who turns out to be the better college QB.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Ewers is very talented.  He also plays in a system where all the athletes are on the same page from about the 4th grade on.....we'll see.  

SLC at the lower levels (late elementary/intermediate and middle schools) now doesn't have that same level of commitment and the teams and skill players reflect as much.

That may have shit all to do with Ewers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

This place is an echo chamber, back to the Daily Texan it is

If the world were fortunate, some toothless sister fucker from that shit hole Ohio would light a couch on fire, and the flames would consume the whole state and we would rejoice and piss on the ashes. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dude, I generally like you as a contributor but if you’re saying Ewers is a system QB then you haven’t watched his highlights. Guys who do this for a living, at the college and nfl level, say he’s the best HS qb since Tevor Lawrence. He was injured AF in the playoffs and still played great. Just stop. He’s a stud, let’s not pretend otherwise. 

Fair point. To clarify I don't mean so much a tactical system QB when it comes just being asked to do x, y, z and nothing more as much as a QB who has never been in a group of players who were all that distracted.  SLC is (well was) amazing at keeping the kids razor focused from an early age on being badasses for SLC.  tOSU will be close to that but not exactly the same. The distractions that come with college likely will put some chinks in the armor.  I'm not diminishing his talent at all and I think he will do well in college but he has faced very little adversity...ever. It will be interesting to see what he does the first time chinks show up in the armor (and yes I know he was hurt this year...I was at the game that happened, he had the luxury of taking about the next 6 weeks off and his team being good enough to get by without him)  Also the kid is an asshole.  Would it be nice if he was our asshole, sure...but since it's not likely he will be I'm gonna choose to let the hate flow.  

TLDR since I'm drinking and rambling two things:

1.  Ewers is a great talent

2. Fuck Ewers.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dude, I generally like you as a contributor but if you’re saying Ewers is a system QB then you haven’t watched his highlights. Guys who do this for a living, at the college and nfl level, say he’s the best HS qb since Tevor Lawrence. He was injured AF in the playoffs and still played great. Just stop. He’s a stud, let’s not pretend otherwise. 

This is right he's for sure not a system QB and was hurt as you pointed out.  I think he's as good as Kyler Murray. 

I have seen him in person the last two years and he was good as a Soph,  and improved a lot as a Jr.  The game he played v Trinity was insane. 

An advantage Quin may have at SLC is I think we are finding out that Riley is a 1st class QB coach and Quin is taking it all in. 

Edited by Laga4

Fair point. To clarify I don't mean so much a tactical system QB when it comes just being asked to do x, y, z and nothing more as much as a QB who has never been in a group of players who were all that distracted.  SLC is (well was) amazing at keeping the kids razor focused from an early age on being badasses for SLC.  tOSU will be close to that but not exactly the same. The distractions that come with college likely will put some chinks in the armor.  I'm not diminishing his talent at all and I think he will do well in college but he has faced very little adversity...ever. It will be interesting to see what he does the first time chinks show up in the armor (and yes I know he was hurt this year...I was at the game that happened, he had the luxury of taking about the next 6 weeks off and his team being good enough to get by without him)  Also the kid is an asshole.  Would it be nice if he was our asshole, sure...but since it's not likely he will be I'm gonna choose to let the hate flow.  
TLDR since I'm drinking and rambling two things:
1.  Ewers is a great talent
2. Fuck Ewers.

Username checks out

On 2/7/2021 at 8:44 AM, Sgt Hulk said:

I’m in Columbus today it’s 8 degrees.  8. Fuck this state 

You’re a liar. We haven’t had temps in the single digits (Fahrenheit) all winter.

Edit: (Weird. I just posted the message and it was already tagged as edited. This is my first edit. I had a few other harsh words that I deleted before posting but that shouldn’t count as an edit.)

Edited by WhatTheBuck

12 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

All these negs but no reply why Columbus sucks or how Southlake Morgan Wallen is way better according to everyone who does this for a living with a pulse.

You’re right.  You deserve an explanation. Columbus is cold.  Columbus is full of mouth breathing osu fans who get pissed whenYou don’t say  tosu.  Columbus is in Ohio 

You’re a liar. We haven’t had temps in the single digits (Fahrenheit) all winter.
Edit: (Weird. I just posted the message and it was already tagged as edited. This is my first edit. I had a few other harsh words that I deleted before posting but that shouldn’t count as an edit.)

e100ebd95a651c0b278572d83daf07f7.jpg
My bad it was 12 that morning in the way there with a windchill of below.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

e100ebd95a651c0b278572d83daf07f7.jpg
My bad it was 12 that morning in the way there with a windchill of below.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but that looks to be from 1/23 and your post was 2/7. What are you hiding, Sargent?? We want the truth. 

Edited by KYHorn
  • Fuck You 1

I don't have a dog in this fight, but that looks to be from 1/23 and your post was 2/7. What are you hiding, Sargent?? We want the truth. 

0c9992ee5c362b580be421183dabb299.jpgmy
My bad it was 9 that morning. I snapped the wrong watch pic. When I fly back this week I’ll get you an updated weather report. It was mostly for that clown calling me out
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Ewers grew up dreaming of being a championship with Texas. That shit doesn't just go away. He's probably gonna regret his decision the rest of his life.

Agree with this.

I think he committed to both schools to soon. 

11 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Ewers is very talented.  He also plays in a system where all the athletes are on the same page from about the 4th grade on.....we'll see.  

SLC at the lower levels (late elementary/intermediate and middle schools) now doesn't have that same level of commitment and the teams and skill players reflect as much.

That may have shit all to do with Ewers

We watched Ewers play in person against our Chaps in the state championship. Ewers led SLC to 34 points against us. We had previously given up 71 points, with North Shore accounting for 21 of those. Mostly, it was just him dropping dimes against our secondary. We eventually got enough pressure on him to throw 2 INTs and start misfiring. He is the best HS QB I’ve seen in person.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The thing I don't understand is that Ohio State's offense isn't the best fit for him.  They haven't had a pocket qb in years.

Day is a smart guy, i'm sure he'll figure it out.. can't hurt that they have recruited very well along the OL too.  Ewers in their offense will be elite because of all the skill players around him..

Sark will get us there as far the talent soon enough.  I'm excited about Murphy, especially with all the negative takes.. You know he reads them and it will push him harder on the field..  having a 5 star talent with a chip is a great thing to have

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

The thing I don't understand is that Ohio State's offense isn't the best fit for him.  They haven't had a pocket qb in years.

Huh? This is way off. Haskins was a pocket QB in 2018 and while Fields can run, the offense didn’t rely on him running. A lot of his rushes this year were scrambles.  Ewers is a perfect fit for their offense and he’s mobile enough to scramble and run some zone reads. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust