Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

2 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

The differing opinions on Ewers possibly doing this in contrast to Blue is comical. Unconscious bias at work in this thread. Both are/were considering forgoing their senior season essentially quitting on their team. One claims to be doing it for money he likely doesn't even need, and the other claims to be doing it to preserve his body. I'm not going to pick and choose on if either is a valid excuse and I view both situations the same.

People mock 9.95ers for not knowing anything, but at the same time hang off every word they're fed about a kid's character.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, RollLeft said:

If he is enrolled at osu then he isn't a HS student.  Why couldn't he do that in Texas also.  Makes little sense.  I thought NIL was college students only.  

Actually California is allowing Hs athletes to benefit from their nil 

5 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Coaches at all levels are universally assholes who don’t have athletes best interest at heart. I can’t blame any kid for doing what’s best for himself instead of trusting his future to a coach. 

I make as much fun of the TXHSFB corches as any internet asshole, but this is absurd.

6 hours ago, Fud said:

One guy was going to quit the team while still being in school for the semester, the other would be reclassifying to join his future team 

Not apples to apples

1 guy is black and the other is white. One guy is a leader and a good teammate the other is a diva. Shits been going on in sports forever.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I make as much fun of the TXHSFB corches as any internet asshole, but this is absurd.

Coaches who will not run a player into the ground to carry a team are few and far between. Bum Phillips and Jonathan Gray’s coach are the norm, not the exception. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Coaches at all levels are universally assholes who don’t have athletes best interest at heart. I can’t blame any kid for doing what’s best for himself instead of trusting his future to a coach. 

Most HS coaches coach at schools you rarely hear about with players that hardly ever play at the next level. Lots of those coaches really do just love the game & their athletes & want the best for them. At the higher tiers where it’s more competitive, yes that tends to bring out the worst in people. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Most HS coaches coach at schools you rarely hear about with players that hardly ever play at the next level. Lots of those coaches really do just love the game & their athletes & want the best for them. At the higher tiers where it’s more competitive, yes that tends to bring out the worst in people. 

I think you’re mostly right about upper tier athletics. I guess I’ve seen enough of shitty behavior from coaches to lose a lot of respect for the profession.  It runs the gamut from abuse to neglect to favoritism. A couple of my kids were HS stars in their respective sports and competed in college (albeit not on UT’s level), but the pettiness and immaturity directed towards both stars and JAGS makes me SMDH. Coaches are supposed to be adults.

What is this thread about again?

7 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

1 guy is black and the other is white. One guy is a leader and a good teammate the other is a diva. Shits been going on in sports forever.

Elite black basketball players skip their senior years by reclassifying all the time to help expidite their careers, and they aren’t considered divas. If they skipped their season basketball seasons while still in high school to save their bodies, like Blue was claiming to do, they’d probably be considered divas 

But good black vs whiting something that isn’t apples to apples 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, kwood4408 said:

Lots of dudes sucking off Ewers in this thread. Yes he is good but who gives a fuck if he isn’t coming to Texas. It was a douche move the way he decommitted but fuck him, enjoy Columbus Blondie.

Who is Columbus Blondie,  Fab 5 Freddy?

One of the unexpected benefits of NIL is that I no longer really feel like I need to root for players when they are clearly just going to the highest bidder. I’ll think it endlessly entertaining if the kombucha money is the only money he makes off of football and he falls on his face in Columbus. 

12 hours ago, stork642 said:

Not sure why this is all being announced like this.  Is this part of a negotiation with other schools.  He’s already committed there so if he’s going to do this just do it.  Why announce it this way?

It’s obvious, he has his hand out. He’s not weighing his decision, he’s telling everyone he wants NIL money now. Unstated is that if tOSU folks don’t cough up some more, he’ll find a school that will and go enroll THERE early. Bidding is open for Ewers, he even got the starting bid out (near 7 figures).

And it is douchey, when you consider his teammates who mostly will never play for more than a 6A title and who get to to wonder what their QB will do and follow this shit in the press. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide

This thread needs to be deleted. He's gone, it's fine. It sucks, but whatever. Hopefully we land Arch moving forward. We can't have nice things when we suck shit for 10+ years. Kids don't give a fuck that it says Texas on their chests. They want to win and want to get drafted. End of story. We've been selling "you're the next in line to get us back to the top" for 10+ years. At what point do you think we have to prove it? Late Mack was better than Strong and Herman, probably, but he needed to go. Kids fell for Herman's bullshit and kids talk. Sark is clearly going to have problems until he shows he can get kids involved and actually beat TCU and Iowa State (God that pains me to say). But it is what it is. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Based on the language quoted in this article, what would stop him from enrolling in one Ohio State online course in August, playing for SLC, and collecting his NIL money?  There's nothing in that quote about dual enrollment. 

The UIL informed a lawyer for the Ewers family on Monday in a “staff opinion” that Ewers essentially could not sign autographs or profit off his Name Image and Likeness until his athletic competitions were completed in high school. The email referenced Section J of the Texas NIL bill, which was an amendment added more than a month after the bill was introduced and states: “no individual, corporate entity or other organization may: enter into any arrangement with a prospective student athlete relating to the prospective student athlete’s name, image, or likeness prior to their enrollment in an institution of higher education.”

The part where it says he can't collect NLI money until he's done playing football.  He could dual enroll and start making NLI money and then UIL will declare him ineligible for this coming season because he took NLI money.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

It’s laughable that y’all think he’s going to be a bust because he’s worked hard and can graduate early haha. I agree that him going to the couch burners is some garbage but it’s better than blOwU and certainly better than aggy. We had a chance and we whiffed, but the kid is going to be fucking good and I hope one day we face him in the playoffs. Arch can drag his nuts across his face. Hook em 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

It’s laughable that y’all think he’s going to be a bust because he’s worked hard and can graduate early haha. I agree that him going to the couch burners is some garbage but it’s better than blOwU and certainly better than aggy. We had a chance and we whiffed, but the kid is going to be fucking good and I hope one day we face him in the playoffs. Arch can drag his nuts across his face. Hook em 

He hasn't worked hard, its just super easy to get into Ohio State

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

12 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

He hasn't worked hard, its just super easy to get into Ohio State

I had the credit hours to graduate high school a semester early. If that gives you some idea of how hard it is to actually do.

• Haha 2

On 7/29/2021 at 12:02 AM, Michael Knight said:

Says alot about your universities academics if some kid can just enroll early

I stopped giving a fuck about the academics a long time ago. Listening to players from just about every school in the country brutalize the English language on a regular basis tells me the schools don't give a fuck whether their players are educated or not. Cardale Jones took a lot of shit for telling the truth.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust