Champions League 2017-2018

sidis

8 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Dybala is easier the shittiest great player or the greatest shitty player.

He benefits from playing on a team that has way more talent than just about everyone in their league.  If he were in a league with more parity, he'd be considered decent to good but not great.  That's why it seems like he always shits the bed in CL--expectations from his league play are too high for what he can do versus better competition.

6 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

He benefits from playing on a team that has way more talent than just about everyone in their league.  If he were in a league with more parity, he'd be considered decent to good but not great.  That's why it seems like he always shits the bed in CL--expectations from his league play are too high for what he can do versus better competition.

Fair enough. I know he's young, too. You just don't hear his name thrown around in the "Barca/RM is gunning for...." conversation.

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

This ref (in Italy) kind of sucks.

Really.  I don't think he has been too bad.  I don't think that handball gets given very often.  He didn't fall for Dybala's dive.  He has let them play and nothing is getting too chippy yet.

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

I'm not sure that's a dive. There is some pretty heavy contact there.

I thought the replay was pretty clear and Dybala's face afterward seemed to confirm that.  

So-so half.

juve are doing good work on the right side.

CR7 doing what he does, score in champions league.

fox is terrible, great time to run a HD check and the commentary on elbows being up not being a foul.  Accidental or not, the player is responsible for not throwing bows.

1 minute ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Really.  I don't think he has been too bad.  I don't think that handball gets given very often.  He didn't fall for Dybala's dive.  He has let them play and nothing is getting too chippy yet.

I thought the replay was pretty clear and Dybala's face afterward seemed to confirm that.  

Here's the replay:

giphy.gif