So uh, its Tax Day.... and the IRS website going down more often than Aggy

AUS-97HORN

glad I wasnt a procrastinator this year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/irs-electronic-filing-system-breaks-down-hours-before-tax-deadline/2018/04/17/4c05ecae-4255-11e8-ad8f-27a8c409298b_story.html?utm_term=.6f6ed0f669c0

Two senior government officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss the potential causes, said initial assessments suggested the problems stemmed from internal technology failures. One of the officials said it appeared the system crashed due to large numbers of people filing.

The full extent of the failure remains unclear, but it appears the agency’s system for direct online tax payments is also malfunctioning. “This service is currently unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience,” the agency wrote in a notice at the top of its online payment page.

For several hours Tuesday, a separate, erroneous page in the IRS’ online payment section described a “Planned Outage: April 17, 2018 - December 31, 9999.”

I got my shit done around 10pm last night.  I submitted my return then forgot i had to enter an IP Pin bc i got hacked last year.  Luckily it rejected and i was able to refile and we're all good now.  Last year with the whole hacking thing it was a major pain in my ass.  

Looks like you get an extra day.  

Fyi, this was the first year I can remember where the irs allowed me to post date my wire transfer.  Because of that I filed a couple weeks ago and the payment was just deducted today.