Chelsea 2020-2021: Campeones de Europa

ztejas

6 hours ago, RGBIII said:

God this day is just fucking perfect! 

Might be one of best sports day ever. And I watched three events with my boy and his friends, and this will never happen again. 

Chelsea wins. OMG

The Red Sox win. 

Then we go and put on the bruins who win, and I called the score. 

They just left, I kind of want to be thankful for an amazing day. 

Bless you all and WE ARE EUROPE. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Man, what a day.  Tuchel is the real deal.  Kante is a beast.  Interesting post-game analysis about how Werner creates so much space for others because of his runs.

But talk about heart and determination...I lost count of how many blue defenders came sliding from halfway across the field to save us.  Amazing.  Just amazing...

• Hook 'Em 1

lots of bitching this morning in other forums about pulisic not starting.  tuchel already showed his hand in the semi 2nd leg.  if the fixture could go 120, he will hold back a "best" weapon.  pep chose the opposite by going all-in.  he had to try to change something from the recent results.  this was not about pulisic.  just in case anyone here feels so inclined.

congrats to all chelsea surlers

i have a 1998 home kit (sponsor on front:  Coors.  yes Coors beer.   number/name on the back: Dobbs 23

will pay it forward for free to a chelsea surler who can prove their bonafides, pm me your application

i will even pay the shipping within the US

• Hook 'Em 1

lots of bitching this morning in other forums about pulisic not starting.  tuchel already showed his hand in the semi 2nd leg.  if the fixture could go 120, he will hold back a "best" weapon.  pep chose the opposite by going all-in.  he had to try to change something from the recent results.  this was not about pulisic.  just in case anyone here feels so inclined.
congrats to all chelsea surlers
i have a 1998 home kit (sponsor on front:  Coors.  yes Coors beer.   number/name on the back: Dobbs 23
will pay it forward for free to a chelsea surler who can prove their bonafides, pm me your application
i will even pay the shipping within the US

Been a CFC fan since the Zola days, so definitely remember the Coors Jersey. Thought we had moved on the Autoglass jerseys by 1998 (when we won the Cup Winners Cup) but maybe I'm misremembering. Don't really wear jerseys or have any more space to display them, but hopefully one of the other Surly CFC squad takes you up on your offer.

Here is a good post season summary from the atlantic.

Funds boosted by £70m for winning CL, which is taken above £100m after broadcasting revenue

£100m+ received for PL finish

Lessons need to be learned from 2015 and 2017 when backup players were signed to strengthen the squad and didn't work out

Players wanted are:

Striker - Haaland, Kane, Lukaku, Martinez

Right wing back - Hakimi, Traore

Centre back - Sule, Lacroix, Torres, Kounde

Midfielder - Rice, Tchouameini

Giroud and Abraham are expected to leave

Broja could take up a backup role

Chelsea have improved relations with Raiola since he became Haaland's agent

Dortmund do not want to sell Haaland this year, instead preferrin to let Sancho leave

Spurs do not want to sell Kane to a London rival (are they our rivals at this point)

Lukaku is seen as more realistic but is still difficult, he would become record wage and record free simultaneously

Chelsea have a longstanding interest in Hakimi dating back to his Real Madrid youth days, his signing has been discussed extensively by the Chelsea hierarchy

James could be used as a RCB, with Azpilicueta 32 in August

Traore has also been linked at RWB

Niklas Sule has been sounded out at CB, Lacroix has been mentioned as another possibility. Others include Pau Torres and Jules Kounde

Declan Rice has been discussed between Tuchel and staff members, with an interest being retained despite Lampard leaving. His primary position would be in midfield. Since West Ham may not want to sell Tchouameini is being considered as an alternative

One surprise is that there is some truth to the Donnarumma links. However, it would depend on getting Kepa out of the door.

Chelsea will listen to bids for Ross Barkley, Emerson, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Danny Drinkwater, Davide Zappacosta, Michy Batshuayi and even Kurt Zouma

Zouma does not fit Tuchel's style of play and could bring in a decent fee, however this is dependent on incoming signings in this area

No indication CHO wants to leave

Gallagher, Guehi, Ampadu, Broja and Sarr(?) will be looked at in pre-season with a view to joining the squad

Gilmour has a choice on whether he goes out on loan or not, which would impact Lewis Bate's position with a promotion to the senior squad possible

Tino Livramento is worried about his possibility of a breakthrough due to the competition in his place. Especially if Hakimi arrives

PAOK are trying to buy Baba Rahman

On 5/30/2021 at 10:22 PM, InkaUtexas said:

So who is starting the WE OWN FUCKING EUROPE (for a year) Thread? @ztejas you seem to lead our group. 

17 hours ago, APMP said:

Whoever started this year's thread.

6 hours ago, MoJames said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4387739&f=1&nofb=1

Yeah I can throw it together tonight or tomorrow. My first thought was "getting domestic" or "time to get domestic" but I'm open to suggestions.