Chelsea 2020-2021: Campeones de Europa

ztejas

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

you put the 10 shirt on pulisic, then you put him out wide where he can't do what he does best and you end up with no cohesion through kante in the middle.

I've been thinking we should just say fuck it and put Pulisic at striker for a couple of weeks now.

That said, I wish where we put Pulisic on the pitch was our biggest issue. We'd be sitting pretty if that were the case.

• Hook 'Em 1

Pulisic still seems just a touch off when it comes to scoring or creating scoring chances. His work rate is phenomenal and control of possession is usually very good (although he's had a couple of bad giveaways today). Just seems like he's waiting for something to click.

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Bro, come on man.... let us have this. You seem to be right way to much of the time. We do not need this shit today! Cedar is kicking my ass, COVID means I cannot go see a fun chick, and my puppy just shit on the rug. 

Haha. I think we win. I'm just being a cunt and maybe sprinkling a little reverse jinx in there for good measure. 

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I wonder if he is really at 100% or if they feel they need to keep him in there to pull more US viewers. 

His fitness seems fine. Playing a shit ton of minutes and displaying good pace and work rate. He just seems like he's in his own head a bit. On a lot of his takes I'd like to see him press a bit more with the ball - seems like he dumps it off a bit too quick or starts looking for his teammates. Even if he loses the ball 60% of the time - those 40% opportunities where he can get it by the 2nd or 3rd defender are money. 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

His fitness seems fine. Playing a shit ton of minutes and displaying good pace and work rate. He just seems like he's in his own head a bit. On a lot of his takes I'd like to see him press a bit more with the ball - seems like he dumps it off a bit too quick or starts looking for his teammates. Even if he loses the ball 60% of the time - those 40% opportunities where he can get it by the 2nd or 3rd defender are money. 

He started to look more like last season the last half hour. You could see the confidence returning. He was dangerous. The slight shift inside got him the ball more it seems. 

It's all about getting the best players on the pitch. The 4-3-3 has been awful in the midfield and I think as such we need to try something else.

the 3-5-2 would require James to be healthy or for us to use Dave or Rudiger in the back 3. As well, Chillwell works on one side of the 5 but who do you put on the other side? I did always enjoy watching the 3-5-2 under Conte, but I'm not sure it is right for the players we have currently. And with the 2 up top that means your are sitting one of Tammy/Giroud, Puli or Werner by default.

The 4-4-2 might make a bit more sense, but I haven't a clue. We are in a funk and need someone to step up in the MF to take over the game like Lampard or Cesc used to do.

This 2nd half has been some of the worst, most uninspiring play I've ever seen from Chelsea. And the first half was really poor. 

Wonder who Roman plans on targeting. We are still in the FA, CL and not that far off the top 4 considering how much football there is to play. Would be difficult to call the season a wash and install an interim.

Edited by ztejas

• ztejas changed the title to Chelsea 2020-2021: Campeones de Europa