Chelsea 2020-2021: Campeones de Europa

ztejas

On 4/27/2021 at 4:06 PM, TexArcher said:

Yep, I'll take it.

One clean sheet from advancing and this side is pretty good at clean sheets.

But let's win the next one 2-0 just to be sure.

In case I'm on some kind of a roll here: let's win the next one 2-0 just to be sure.

50 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Question, do you want to win this one or the 29th? Of course both, but say we have to give up one. 

5/29, of course.  I vividly remember the CL championship over Bayern and the semi over Barcelona in 2012.  And if I remember correctly we finished 6th in the league that year and no one cared.  CL championships are forever.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

5/29, of course.  I vividly remember the CL championship over Bayern and the semi over Barcelona in 2012.  And if I remember correctly we finished 6th in the league that year and no one cared.  CL championships are forever.

I would have said the same, but now I want both! 

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Question, do you want to win this one or the 29th? Of course both, but say we have to give up one.

What the fuck are you talking about? I'd take getting relegated if it meant a CL trophy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Holy fuck... just now catching up. I need to get better at knowing our schedule. 

(We might be the best team in the world right now guys)

hell of a change at Half and the team looked very solid. Great counter attacks and should have had more but offsides killed us. 

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

hell of a change at Half and the team looked very solid. Great counter attacks and should have had more but offsides killed us. 

Yeah I saw that Werner had 2 disallowed. 

His offside propensity tanks his value. 

• Hook 'Em 1

What a second half. Back and forth, those guys had to be on fumes.

Got lucky on the penalty no call, but that happens. We have to be in their heads at this point, which is great with the CL final coming up.

I know he doesn’t play much anymore and is probably leaving in the summer, but I love Alonso. He’s had so many huge goals over the years. I really hope we can win the CL for guys like him, Azpi and Kante who have been around for a while.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/8/2021 at 4:59 PM, Stringer said:

I really hope we can win the CL for guys like him, Azpi and Kante who have been around for a while.

And guys that have fallen out of the rotation a bit like Zouma and Tammy. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Obviously we've already clinched Europa. 5 points in our last 3 and we clinch CL. Assuming we don't go WDD and Liverpool goes WWW and picks up 6 goals on us (the latter half seeming fairly unlikely).

I think PL season resolves before CL final so we should know heading in either way. 

And guys that have fallen out of the rotation a bit like Zouma and Tammy. 

Sure those guys too.

I’m more thinking about guys who were on that 16-17 Conte-led title winning team. That is probably my favorite team in the decade that I have been following Chelsea.

I guess Zouma was on that team too (though not a key member), so should have included him.

• ztejas changed the title to Chelsea 2020-2021: Campeones de Europa