Chelsea 2020-2021: Campeones de Europa

ztejas

30 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm trying to think of anyone that had a good game. 

I feel like I was pretty solid.  I cussed at all the appropriate times and got my hopes up at 1-0 as if it hadn't been two weeks since we'd played a good game.  I was a solid 5 today.  Last night, too.  I miss being good at football.  Both kinds.  Whatever.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I feel like I was pretty solid.  I cussed at all the appropriate times and got my hopes up at 1-0 as if it hadn't been two weeks since we'd played a good game.  I was a solid 5 today.  Last night, too.  I miss being good at football.  Both kinds.  Whatever.

It's the little things. I called the 2 subs we made and thought about flipping Pulisic and Werner before Frank did it. 

Just waiting on my check.

It's alarming how poor we look without Ziyech. We should, on paper, still be better than last year but we clearly aren't. Havertz is an absolute black hole and I'm not sure how much of that is on him and how much is on us not playing him at a more optimal slot. Werner started hot this season but struggled all day to make any impact. Pulisic was fine today, as was Chilwell minus a couple gaffes, but for fuck's sake they can't play 3 positions each. Mount plays with heart and intelligence but ultimately he's not a world class talent. Zouma was not great today, but he's had a very nice season so I can give him a pass. Silva has been a stabilizing presence but he's clearly past his prime. 

Our defense is finally playing well (I mean it wasn't great today, but conceding 2 isn't the end of the world) and so our offense has predictably fallen off a cliff. 

Still early in the season obviously but if we continue on this track we're going to be looking back at some of these results to point to why we are struggling to make the CL again. On the plus side, a couple hot stretches and contending for the title isn't out of the realm of possibility if Pool and Tottenham keep having mixed results. 

47 minutes ago, MoJames said:

FFS Timo.

Yeah I know what you're referring to and that was fucking terrible. You have 2 feet, son.

That header from Silva was fucking beautiful. Thank God. I swear we have had so many goals come from defenders scoring off of set pieces.

2 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Missed both goals, but watching replay it looked like both had some good build up and Tammy just being in the right place as always.

Tammy has been excellent today.  He was key to the build up to both goals that he scored and has generally been great with hold up and distributing on the build up.

Assuming Everton beats Sheffield - the ManU/Leicester result gives us a window to get back into the top 4 to 3rd place today - with GD on Spurs and Leicester and points on everyone besides Everton and Pool. 

Important game today. Schedule doesn't get any easier with a game against a solid AV side Monday - and then 4 out of the next 6 after that coming against City, Leicester, Wolves and Spurs. We will really see what this team is made of from now until February. Fortunately we get a couple of 12 day breaks in that stretch. Schedule relaxes a bit after that until Pool on 3/20. Not looking like that game will have title implications as of right now but you never know.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Bullshit flopping penalty.

Lol. It was a clear pen. And a dumb one at that. 

And that was maybe even dumber by Kante.

Any other struggling clubs we can hand 3 points to? Maybe we can help AV's CL bid on Monday. Miss a bunch of chances. Turn the ball over. Pick up a red card or two in our back 4.

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

yeah, does not look like that is what happened. 

We should worry about our own lineup. At what point does playing Timo 90 minutes consititue throwing matches? 

Where is the Werner that started the season?

@Scraps yeah but who could forget such Werner hits like:

"Baby All I Want To Do Is Give You An Easy Save"

"I Can't Quit Missing Players Making Runs Beside Me"

"Take The Ball Away From Me One More Time"

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

I thought it was at full speed, too, but did you watch the replay?  Very close to no contact at all.  Both guys in the booth said it was soft and I bet the Robbies will, too.

I was watching on mute. He caught his heel. The only thing that might have reversed it was the Gunner initiating contact a bit but Arsenal would have gotten robbed had they taken it back.

Clear pen to me but it was a dumb play regardless of how you feel.

• ztejas changed the title to Chelsea 2020-2021: Campeones de Europa