Chelsea 2020-2021: Campeones de Europa

ztejas

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I thought everyone played well save Rudiger in that 1st half. Keep it up. 

And God damn Kante is amazing. What a ball.

Rudiger's primary assignment has clearly been to use his speed to cover Salah.  He's done that well.  Other than the one bad pass across the center I'd say he's done his job.

9 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Rudiger's primary assignment has clearly been to use his speed to cover Salah.  He's done that well.  Other than the one bad pass across the center I'd say he's done his job.

He played Mane on on the near goal but I'm not sure how avoidable that was. He had another poor ball in addition to the one you mentioned. I'm nitpicking a bit - just thought he could have been a bit tighter. No harm no foul. 

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

I have no idea how to interpret the hand ball rule.

I didn't even know they took away the proximity rule.  I figured that was the case because he had his hands within a normal-ish area and Firmino just kicked it into his hand.  But I guess they removed that aspect and it could be a handball?  

Either way, English officiating is trash.

Did anyone watch? How was Pulisic? More curious about how Kai was at the 9. 

Can't win em all, but I saw a telling stat. In 12 games under Tuchel we've only conceded 2 goals, but we've also only scored 13. I get that some of that is parking the bus a little bit and hanging onto leads, but at some point you can be a little too conservative. I'd rather concede 5 or 6 over that span if it means putting 18 or 20 in the back of the other net.

Pulisic barely saw the ball. Played out of position on the right and as a wing back. Everything went down the left through Chillwell who had a better forward partner in Mount than Pulisic in Ziyech. 

He didn't look comfortable for a lot of the game and still managed to engineer a few good chances. Tuchel seems to have no issue playing players out of position (like everyone except CB's and FB's) so CP needs to adapt or his agent needs to get busy.

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Funny thing is, Porto fans are probably saying the same thing.

We should win that, though.

Maybe so.  But with how we've been playing recently we should probably be favorites to come out of our side of the bracket.  Obviously there's a lot of football to be played, but recently we've been the hottest of the four teams on our side.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/19/2021 at 9:12 AM, TexArcher said:

It's unbelievable what Tuchel's done.

It's pleasantly surprising but let's keep in mind how talented this roster is. These are the results we should be getting, and Lampard wasn't getting them. 

Our defense and ability to keep teams out of the back has been pretty crazy, though. I certainly never would have expected that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • ztejas changed the title to Chelsea 2020-2021: Campeones de Europa