Chelsea 2020-2021: Campeones de Europa

ztejas

21 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Honestly not getting to watch a ton. How's he looking.

Kai with COVID sucks

Just burning them down the sideline. Playing aggressive, fast football. Seems like he operates a little better with some more space and time rather than being rushed to make a decision up the middle.

Not that we should really take much away from this one. Not sure Rennes is very good.

Reece had a money assist on our 3rd goal. 

(And as I type this Wener misses a nice squared ball by James on an open net)

• 2 weeks later...

We got sloppy and played without urgency between goals. Should have known that 2 was needed in this one and played accordingly.

Thankfully we were able to turn it on just enough in the last 8 to put it away. 

Phenomenal goal by Giroud - dare I say legendary for him if we can make a decent run at this thing.

8 minutes ago, APMP said:

Word on the street is that Pulisic will be ready for the weekend. Team is on fire though, so wonder if he might start on the bench.

Wouldn't call today's result on fire. But Lampard's hand was forced a bit with Spurs looming.

I would imagine we see Pulisic as a super sub around ~65'. Today was a perfect example of how he can elevate our ceiling.

2 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Kit color schemes leaked for next season.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/k1ny0b

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Woof. And y'all thought the pink kits were bad.

At least I'm, I'm hoping those look better in person/on TV - the colors seem weird in that graphic.

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Gotta say I do like the defense. Close well and no one is getting excited or making mistakes. 

Cringe Do Not Want GIF by Originals

They're still making me nervous and haven't been tested a lot yet, but you're right - they are pretty settled and not chasing balls. Silva had a bad giveaway there in the 41st or 42nd. Mendy is nails. The best defense we've played is our ball control in the other half.

• Hook 'Em 1

• ztejas changed the title to Chelsea 2020-2021: Campeones de Europa