Chelsea 2020-2021: Campeones de Europa

ztejas

I'm not faulting Frank because he has had a lot of new shit to deal with in the way of figuring out lineups, even though I would have liked to see the subs made sooner - but Tammy cannot have games like this when the top spot of the table is on the line - and the fact is he has too many games like this regardless of opponent.

The defense continues to impress minus a bad giveaway each by Silva and Zouma. Ziyech continues to be a fucking witch and probably the best player on our team right now. Wener and Mount showed quality. Reece was about as good as we can ask. Havertz, just, idk man. I hope he figures it out. It's easy to forget he's on the pitch sometimes.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Good opportunity to rest some guys and get others back to match fitness.

Guessing we see -Pulisic +Mount (maybe Billy if we're up 2 or 3-0?) and -Giroud +Tammy later.

Zero reason to play Werner. Burning him out is the last thing we want. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Guessing we see -Pulisic +Mount (maybe Billy if we're up 2 or 3-0?) and -Giroud +Tammy later.

Zero reason to play Werner. Burning him out is the last thing we want. 

If the score stays the same, I'm guess the only subs we see are Gilmour, Ziyech, and Tammy.  Everyone else needs to rest adn the guys on the pitch need the time.

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1334249851391971336

34y 63d - Olivier Giroud is the oldest player in Champions League history to score a hat-trick, while he's the oldest to do it in the European Cup since Real Madrid's Ferenc Puskás in September 1965 (38y 173d v Feyenoord). Glorious.

Edited by Scraps

• ztejas changed the title to Chelsea 2020-2021: Campeones de Europa