I'm here to vent about Sirius XM Radio

Gooby

I've had it twice when it came with a car. Both times I gave it a real hard try and then let it run out, because it sucks.

The music stations were just same old crapola you hear everywhere else, sometimes worse. Even the deep cuts channel were filled with stale hits

Their "pure digital" signal was shitty. It was so compressed it sounded like realaudio shit streaming over a phone cord modem in the early 90s. A typical shitty FM station sounded like a CD by comparison.

I thought it would at least be good for finding football game out on the road, but it was a total cluster.

I see no compelling reason to pay for that crap at any price.

Edited by DougO
  • Hook 'Em 2

I mainly listen to Outlaw Country on SiriusXM.  It usually has enough variety for me.  I like that they play George Jones, Ernest Tubb, GP, Todd Snider, Dale Watson, and Willie. I like classic and rock influenced county.  If I get tired of it (or Johnny Knoxville and Roger Alan Wade are on) I usually dial up Underground Garage, or the '50s or '60s stations. I do think OC plays too much Lucinda Williams and Ray Wylie Hubbard.  They're okay, but I don't like a lot of their stuff.

I would rather play my IPhone playlists, as I can choose country, rock, jazz, or blues, but my car doesn't have bluetooth or an input plug, and I have been unhappy with ways to get around that.

I've found enough new music on OC that I have picked up several songs and artists for my playlists.

On 9/2/2020 at 1:51 PM, DougO said:

I thought it would at least be good for finding football game out on the road, but it was a total cluster.

I see no compelling reason to pay for that crap at any price.

What was the cluster? I have had luck finding pretty much any college game I want to listen to, and the NFL games almost always come with feeds from both side's home announcers. Honestly I think it's one of the best things about Sirius -- out on the road in the fall, flipping from one game to the next. 

• Hook 'Em 1