2020/2021 Hunting Thread

Both Tacos

16 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

They're property is split into two parts by 765, between Doole and Millersview.  North and south, as 765 runs East and West.  Their little shanty town is right there at the junction of 765 and 4444, on the north side.  They are building a ranch house on the south side, further back off the highway and behind a gated fence as breakin's happen all the time at the other place, as it's right off the highway.  

Buddy's family all live in Angelo.  His step brother, who is out there all the time is a former Force Recon Marine and multiple Blackwater (and other) contractor.  Talk about having someone to sit around the fire and tell stories with.  Man.  

Dude, they're putting those windmills damned near right on top of em there.  Of course, those also make good new shooting lanes, so....there's that.

My friends' place is further north, just a coupla miles south of the south side of OH Ivie.  Different country out there, but a lotta deer.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Dude, they're putting those windmills damned near right on top of em there.  Of course, those also make good new shooting lanes, so....there's that.

My friends' place is further north, just a couple miles south of the south side of OH Ivie.  Different country out there, but a lotta deer.

Tons of deer.  I have a giant 10 on my wall taken off their place.  We go back and forth between their place and mine outside Coleman.  Big O's of course.  Have you been into Coleman and gone to Rancho Pizzeria?  Or their new steakhouse or wine bar?  Family that owns are friends with the Goree family from MIdland (HUGE O&G family.  Very well off).  They are Dallas and used to work for Texas Monthly.  It's as nice as any place I've ever been, and you have guys in suits next to guys in camo.  They also have two vineyards so their selection is really nice.  For the ladies, they have an amazing B&HB built on a vineyard.  There's an old stone house out there they use to serve 5-course meals.  It's a little gem in the middle of nowhere.  I've surprised wife and buddies wife by taking them there and the guys heading down to the ranch.  It's quite posh.  

Rancho

B & B

Black Cur Steak.PNG

Rancho Loma.PNG

Rancho Pizzeria.jpg

Rancho Pizzeria2.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

Lat and I had a friend who would do that kinda shit all the time.  Not really a mixed metaphor, but one time, after much alcohol during a conversation we were having about what we'd do with lottery winnings he stated and I quote -

"I'd buy an authentic Spanish Scallion and live on the sea!"

He was dead serious.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Lat and I had a friend who would do that kinda shit all the time.  Not really a mixed metaphor, but one time, after much alcohol during a conversation we were having about what we'd do with lottery winnings he stated and I quote -

He was dead serious.

He’s gonna need a bigger scallion. 

I always wanted to commission a Mexican artist to paint him on a velvet canvass sailing into the horizon on a giant onion, but then the Cartels ruined Nuevo Laredo for all of us.

At least I was able to get one of these as a gift for Lat22 before all that shit happened -

iu.jpeg

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

He was dead serious.

1fe7804903229835cca7e7cf3610251c.gif

He just could never see that...scallion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, deadshank said:

Blind #7 down by the river.  Super-thick Cambodia area. Lots of white brush and persimmon.  The pigs love this spot.  The blind is about 200 yards from an 80’ drop off into the river.  

1EC33AF5-F8C4-4D2C-BB26-5BA91BED61B0.jpeg

14C1B369-A2E2-44DD-88CE-0F5A4FCE6B9E.jpeg

E5CD6D9F-493E-49DB-9DC2-B3600F4F73B5.jpeg

F00EDD59-8644-43A4-9B3E-13251412666C.jpeg

Cambodia, eh?  Just wait till you’re up against the little man in the black pajamas.  

Worthy fuckin’ adversary.

• Like 2

Damn, y'all limited out 5x in one day?

Sheeit, I need to look up what the possession daily is.

Yeah yeah. I bought Tapatalk Pro or whatever it’s called to get rid of the ads; when Im posting pics now it gives me the higher res option ( which previously was “VIP only”) or whatever. So I figured I would give it a shot and select the higher res on the Crane pic. After I hit “post”, Tapa freezes with just a circular “loading” type of icon I’ve never seen before. I wait a minute or two, lose patience and put the phone down and go to sleep. I check things mid day the next day and apparently it went berserk trying to load.
  • Haha 1

So, let's post our redneck blinds. Here's the blind we use at my FIL's place. He has like sixteen acres in a long rectangle shape, and probably two thirds is a wetland creek bottom (complete with overcup oak for the forestry nerds). Someone gave him this old trailer that had a bunk and stove in it. It's been a deer blind for a couple years now, but we just recently actually cleaned it out. Gotta paint the inside a darkish color so we don't outline ourselves with the big windows. We get pigs year round no matter how dry it is due to the spring fed slough on his property.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

So, let's post our redneck blinds. Here's the blind we use at my FIL's place. He has like sixteen acres in a long rectangle shape, and probably two thirds is a wetland creek bottom (complete with overcup oak for the forestry nerds). Someone gave him this old trailer that had a bunk and stove in it. It's been a deer blind for a couple years now, but we just recently actually cleaned it out. Gotta paint the inside a darkish color so we don't outline ourselves with the big windows. We get pigs year round no matter how dry it is due to the spring fed slough on his property.
VmnitDUK_o.jpg
That just pure genius right there. Nobody would see me all day with a set up like that for a blind.