Water indicator (something that changes when wet that isn't a woman))

So I have a small place in country that had serious leaks coming from large set of windows in living room. When it rained, water would come down walls...but only when windy and rainy.  Rain alone didn't make it leak due to awning.   Hired contractor to fix various issues that caused leak.  Problem is I have no clue if what he did stopped leaks because I'm only there 5 days a month--and hasn't been raining enough when I'm there--to know for sure if what he did worked.  It could be months before I'm there on a day it rains enough to actually test.

So I'm hoping someone knows a simple product I can put down  on edge of floors and/or window sills that definitively changes color when it gets water on it.  

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

I thought of that but figured that's last resort cuz don't want to make already damaged drywall worse if there is better solution from someone smarter than I.
'Shank suggested a "leakdown" test & that is actually kinda common.

Be sure to start low & spend a reasonable amount of time in one section before moving up.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

So I'm hoping someone knows a simple product I can put down  on edge of floors and/or window sills that definitively changes color when it gets water on it.  
Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Ask your husband and he’ll probable suggest a paper towel, Kleenex or one of your Maxipads.