Texas Midweek Games 4/17-4/18

Horny Bull

I hope Pierce showed enough respect to UTRGV and its program to explain this to their coach before the game.      Texas Baseball is not known for circus acts.   Everyone knows that McKenzie is a very valuable player with unique,  talented versatility. 

Pierce talked to McKenzie about the possibility of playing all nine positions when the Longhorns returned from this past weekend’s trip to Oklahoma. The plan was confirmed the next day, but the team wasn’t notified until Tuesday. Pierce said he didn’t promote the positional bingo since he wanted it to be “viewed very similar to a no-hitter and you watch it progress and you watch it develop.”

“Tonight was not any disrespect to Rio Grande Valley and it definitely was not any disrespect to baseball. It was a tribute to our true utility guy,” Pierce said. “It was exciting to watch and (I’m) really excited that we pulled it off.”

https://www.hookem.com/story/jake-mckenzie-uts-ultimate-utility-guy-plays-all-nine-positions-as-longhorns-rout-ut-rgv/

1 hour ago, torre said:

I hope Pierce showed enough respect to UTRGV and its program to explain this to their coach before the game.      Texas Baseball is not known for circus acts.   Everyone knows that McKenzie is a very valuable player with unique,  talented versatility. 

https://www.hookem.com/story/jake-mckenzie-uts-ultimate-utility-guy-plays-all-nine-positions-as-longhorns-rout-ut-rgv/

Also gotta realize that teams like utrgv probably get paid a rather hefty sum of money to come get a can of whoop ass opened opened up on them.  I don't think Pierce meant any disrespect, and being utrgv or mcneese st or whoever, you'd think they'd know that Texas is getting to run the show regardless in these tuesday games considering Texas is doing more a favor to them letting them play on tv and against higher-than-usual level of competition.  That sounds arrogant, and it is, but I think it's just the truth of the matter.

44 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

I like this. He’s looked about as good as anyone that we’ve trotted out there as a mid-week starter. Hell, probably better than our weekend guys too.  

Totally agreed. 92 mph heat with a sharp breaking ball. He is projecting to be very important for us in the tournament.