Steve Bannon Indicted

Hugo Stiglitz

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

gerrymandering helps with the house, but not the White House, state wide races and senate 

Mostly true.  NE-2, in theory, could have an effect on the White House, and it was gerrymandered after Obama won it in 2008 and Biden won it in 2020. (It was going to be gerrymandered for the Congress regardless, but it interesting that it went blue in the two last pre-census elections.)

I will also say that gerrymandering has an effect on overall voter turnout.  When the Congressmen and State Reps are effectively picked during the primary, there is less motivation for the the winning nominees to work voter turnout in the general.  In a lot of places, the local campaigns can be more impactful at getting people to the polls than the national campaigns.  And it just whittles away any local parties when you know you have little chance at winning or losing.  Competitive districts get people involved. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Thats the point.

It doesn’t matter.  Republicans are going to subpoena erryboddyy.  Don’t comply with subpoena do time.  See below, under this standard Holder serves time.  Mutually assured destruction.

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/06/holder-held-in-contempt-077988?_amp=true

On 10/21/2022 at 4:50 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

You have to start with an unshakeable assurance that anything from left and middle is a lie that has been cultivated in your brain for decades.  Then anyone on the right who is a target of legal prosecution is in fact a victim of political persecution in their reality.  From there, it is just a tiny step to where any retaliation is justice.

Facts and evidence of criminal misconduct do not matter.  Just that trusted information curators act righteously aggrieved while declaring the accused was targeted for the same political beliefs shared by an audience.

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 9:12 AM, Willfully Horn said:

Sentencing hearing is ongoing. Linked thread has the arguments being made. So far, the judge rejected defense’s argument that there is no minimum sentence, so, at the least, Bannon will have to dry out. 

Dry out? Come on man, he'll be drinking Pruno the entire time. 

On 10/21/2022 at 10:46 AM, tx 3 putt said:

gerrymandering helps with the house, but not the White House, state wide races and senate 

It does when the local state level guys pass laws that allow the voting on those other things to be overturned and send in a false slate of electors...

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

A bit tangent to Bannon is Guo Wengu, the billionaire Chinese dissident/criminal/conman. Bannon was trying to set-up a media company with him and was on his yacht when arrested, the first time. I don’t have the electronic copy to link, but I will type in one passage.

Peering into the camera, Guo announced the establishment of a shadow government, which he called the New Federal State of China. In Mandarin, he made an impassioned call to arms…
Guo built toward a climactic finish, chanting a slogan - “Take Down the CCP!” In Chinese. After the ninth repetition, he switched to English, and Bannon joined in. Guo was in a celebratory mood. He kissed Bannon on the cheek, and gazing up at him, said, “Love You.”
“Thank you,” Bannon said. “Are we still on live?” To close out the ceremony, they presented a statement of principles, which Guo signed in his own blood. (Bannon skipped that part.)

• Haha 1

A bit tangent to Bannon is Guo Wengu, the billionaire Chinese dissident/criminal/conman. Bannon was trying to set-up a media company with him and was on his yacht when arrested, the first time. I don’t have the electronic copy to link, but I will type in one passage.

Peering into the camera, Guo announced the establishment of a shadow government, which he called the New Federal State of China. In Mandarin, he made an impassioned call to arms…
Guo built toward a climactic finish, chanting a slogan - “Take Down the CCP!” In Chinese. After the ninth repetition, he switched to English, and Bannon joined in. Guo was in a celebratory mood. He kissed Bannon on the cheek, and gazing up at him, said, “Love You.”
“Thank you,” Bannon said. “Are we still on live?” To close out the ceremony, they presented a statement of principles, which Guo signed in his own blood. (Bannon skipped that part.)

12 hours ago, Tuco said:

Guo is an intriguing figure and is mixed up in all kinds of wild things.  Fresh Air did a solid episode on him.

https://www.npr.org/2022/10/29/1131916203/jemele-hill-evan-osnos-guo-wengui-alexandra-horowitz

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 10:46 AM, tx 3 putt said:

it helps with those in the sense that people with even fewer competitive races have even less enthusiasm to go vote. 

• 3 months later...

You know, say what you will you pussies...about Nixon's Watergate/White House Plumbers/SIU/CREEP crew...those guys had lots of things in common.  Most of those attributes bad, but at least they were applicable to the cause-shady, dirty, gritty, vague, sinister, deplorable, downright Machivillian.  

The one singularity that unites Trump and his former aides?  Unpaid legal bills?  They're a booth at a Bar Association CLE conference, "Have you or a loved one recently been stiffed from duly-owed billable hours?  Not anymore!  Check here for more information!"  

This is the saddest part of the timeline.  

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Good, hope those rubes end up penniless. 

Sadly you shouldn’t, because they will just blame their money problems on immigrants or the poor, because the people they sent all their money too tell them to blame the immigrants or poor. The rubes have more dumb rube kids, and the cycle repeats 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Sadly you shouldn’t, because they will just blame their money problems on immigrants or the poor, because the people they sent all their money too tell them to blame the immigrants or poor. The rubes have more dumb rube kids, and the cycle repeats 

I get what you're saying but hey're gonna do that anyway.  Let them be poor AF while they're being racist pieces or shit.  Hell, that describes a healthy portion of them, now. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

He was pardoned for the federal charges but was indicted in 2022 by the State of New York for six more charges.

So, why isn't this mope in jail?

I mean, because he hasn’t been convicted. If you’re going to complain, we can summon Twicehorn so you can lament our shitty court system. 

26 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, because he hasn’t been convicted. If you’re going to complain, we can summon Twicehorn so you can lament our shitty court system. 

Orly?  I didn't realize people couldn't be held in custody pending trial.  This is news.