2020 Republican National Convention

Mrs Whiggins

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

Lying is their brand.  They peddle it all day, everyday.  

It's been so eye-opening to watch the pathology grow to full bloom.  It's not just what they do.  It's what they ARE.  It's their identity, it's how they conduct themselves across the board, as their identity.

15 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

And before any of you hysterical ninnies jump all over me, why don’t you pause and wait to get back to me when COVID has killed more Americans than the MS-13 caravans that used to come across the border before we extended the Wall that extra 10 miles.  I don’t have the exact figures, but we all remember those terror-ridden days when MS-13 would kill probably millions of Americans each year - where were your crocodile tears then, libs?

I’m probably not voting for Trump, though, just asking questions.

Needs references to religion sprinkled in.  They may not open the Bible but they sure like to talk about it.  

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

I stated that my understanding was during DNC riots and political violence were not addressed. Am I wrong?

Probably not. Not relevant, either. You also display the uniquely over confident opinion that your clearly politically motivated characterizations of the BLM movement are accurate. At the same time, you demand detailed notes to prove you wrong.

Consistency isn't your thing. Tally ho on your outdoor weekend. I want a full report on the ten minutes of Trump news you got that you thought was great even though you would never vote for him. Then you can run rhetorical circles around the foul echo chamber while clutching your pearls.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

It’s quite surprising that it missed the mark with you. Ultimately I don’t think you’re in any of the target demographics. I watched a total of 20 mins between both conventions so I’m gonna have to take your word for it about most of what you said. 

I do think it’s interesting that you accuse Rs of being out of touch with reality, but Ds just had an entire convention without, to my understanding, addressing any of the violence/riots/looting in cities. You know, the stuff your preferred media called “mostly peaceful protests”. But, as soon as they get word back from polling or whatever that it’s not going over well, they start half assed denouncements and their media mouthpieces start running interference trying to shift blame elsewhere.

So who is really out of touch with reality?

How can you claim that if you admittedly only watched 10 minutes of the DNC? 

We charge their American accomplices. They are likely doing what Manafort did in sharing target audience information. Helping foreigners fuck wIth our elections shouldn't be taken lightly. Those Judas' need to have the 30 pieces of silver shoved  up their asses.

Edited by burntorangebongos
clarification
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And in the end, that’s all I’ve been saying for the past several years. That we wrap our utter predictability and repetition of history in the lie called “American exceptionalism” is just the perfect chef’s kiss.

We got Trump and Trumpism, and will keep getting it, because fundamentally, it’s what we are and it’s what we deserve. And we’re too fucking stupid to even realize it.

For the millionth time more people voted against Trump than voted for him.  It might be what people like you who were a little slow on the uptake and were voting Republican as recently as a few presidential elections ago are and what you deserve but leave the rest of us who saw something like this coming from miles away out of it. 

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

We charge their accomplices. They are likely doing what Manafort did in sharing target audience information. Helping foreigners fuck wIth our elections shouldn't be taken lightly. Those Judas' need to have the 30 pieces of silver shoved  up their asses.

You don't charge them with crimes.  You use low-intensity counter-intel measures.  These guys are being financed by oligarchs.  So, low-intensity fucking with oligarchs assets is how to go about it.  Hack their operations.  Damage their physical assets in subtle ways.  Make it clear that they will be better off financially if they GTFO of our business.  Go to the source, change their motivations, and you'll change their behavior.

The problem is.... the folks who would do so (or would direct our intel apparatus to do so) are currently motivated in the opposite direction.

4 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

For the millionth time more people voted against Trump than voted for him.  It might be what people like you who were a little slow on the uptake and were voting Republican as recently as a few presidential elections ago are and what you deserve but leave the rest of us who saw something like this coming from miles away out of it. 

Leave him alone. He voted for Gary Johnson. 

14 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Leave him alone. He voted for Gary Johnson. 

Naah, I saw the fucking problems when I saw the massive and insanely racist reaction to the horrific, anti-American event of.....electing a black guy president in 2008.  Still slower on the uptake than I should have been, no excuses there.  It takes me a while to learn some harsh lessons.

But once I've learned them, I don't fucking forget them.  Hopefulness won't change the fact that I learned a fucking lesson.  He has a wildly enthusiastic base, I believe more enthusiastic now than they were in 2016.  He and his party will cheat in numerous ways: voter suppression, courting foreign interference and propaganda, etc.  Add it all together, in the key states, and it doesn't make a shit how many people vote for him or Biden nationally (it would be nice if the fucking Democrats would learn this -- I don't care if you win the popular vote by 10 million votes -- if they aren't in the right states, you lose).  If you don't see those things as making him the favorite here, you are purposefully looking away from the ugly truth.  I don't blame you - it's fucking ugly.  But it's still true.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Right on message. Well done. Good luck with that framing. 

I can't even figure out why you post here.  But let's review:

• We have a pandemic that's still not under control and will kill 200,000 people (in marked contrast to what is going on in other countries)
  • We have civil unrest because blacks have decided they are tired of being killed by police officers
  • Unemployment is, what 10%? Close enough
  • Vast portions of the country can't earn a living working 40 hours a week

But you like this and the leaders who got us here.  You look forward to more Trump, McConnell, and RBG dying and being replaced by a Kavanaugh kinda guy.  Roe v. Wade is repealed. No taxes on corporations or wealthy individuals.  The stock market is doing well for people who can invest.  Anybody can buy any kind of assault rifle they want and run around in public, absent of any real threat to them.  An expensive border wall that doesn't really even work.  This is your dream.  Why?

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

• We have a pandemic that's still not under control and will kill 200,000 people (in marked contrast to what is going on in other countries)
  • We have civil unrest because blacks have decided they are tired of being killed by police officers

But you like this and the leaders who got us here.  You look forward to more Trump, McConnell, and RBG dying and being replaced by a Kavanaugh kinda guy.  Roe v. Wade is repealed. No taxes on corporations or wealthy individuals.  The stock market is doing well for people who can invest.  Anybody can buy any kind of assault rifle they want and run around in public, absent of any real threat to them.  An expensive border wall that doesn't really even work.  This is your dream.  Why?

Please add that there is also looking forward to having either no job mobility or no health insurance if one has a pre-existing condition.

18 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Oh sure all that sounds bad, but does it upset liberals??   Well there you go.

44 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Please add that there is also looking forward to having either no job mobility or no health insurance if one has a pre-existing condition.

Just a point of order.  There were preexisting condition protections in state laws (I believe, may have been federal), so long as you maintained insurance coverage without a gap of longer than six months, long before Obamacare.

Obamacare didn't invent that and I don't believe it will go away entirely if Obamacare does.

Edited by TwiceHorn

There were. In one of my first post-collegiate jobs, the employer sponsored hc was trying to classify a health issue as a pre-existing condition and it took a lengthy phone call to work it out, but I thought it was going to follow me forever. Since it was a firm with less than 50 employees, I think they had more latitude but tbh  I can't recall exactly how it would have changed things, but we had very little money and were paying off student loans so every little bit helped.

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

Because he's a troll who likes to stir things up and have people react to him.

• Hook 'Em 1