Check Out This Fucking Taco

luke duke

This thread is classic Shaggy. Arguments about how to cook eggs, arguments about what should or should not be in breakfast tacos, recipe sharing, etc. All started by OP who started this thread after posting in the Hey Steel Shank thread first where his taco belonged to begin with and should have ended there.

Team rice/beans/potatoes can be in breakfast taco 

13 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

What kinda asshole eats rice for breakfast?  

I ate leftover fried rice this morning.  When I lived in Honolulu, our favorite breakfast place always had pork fried rice as a side to their scrambled egg dishes, and I always thought "Why the hell not?"

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I ate leftover fried rice this morning.  When I lived in Honolulu, our favorite breakfast place always had pork fried rice as a side to their scrambled egg dishes, and I always thought "Why the hell not?"

Amen.  I mean, I presume you were reading from the book of Steel Shank, 3:16.  That is some gospel truth when making eating decisions right there:  "Lo, I say unto you -- when presented with foodstuffs, thou shalt say "why the hell not?" and consume them."

On 8/21/2020 at 12:50 PM, luke duke said:

If sandwiches have their own thread, then tacos deserve one too.

Yesterday’s breakfast:

Corn/flour hybrid tortilla from Central Markup

Rice and beans that I made last weekend

Leftover brisket, also from last weekend

Scrambled egg

Cheese

Tabasco

c2c22579bfe3c782be5b205b64715853.jpg

It looks great.  I'll be over to your place for breakfast tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, Steel Shank said:

If I get up in the morning and all I've got to eat is eggs and rice, guess what I'm having for breakfast, bitches?

I’d go with the eggs...but that’s just me.

Of course, having never been in that situation...I’d have probably gone with eggs, bloody Marys, bacon, mimosas, sausage, etc.

But again, just me 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Goddamn....Cajun's posts make me hungry as shit.  The tacos look good, but it's the fluffy homemade flour tortillas that make them transcendent.  A couple of years ago, the boy had a baseball tournament somewhere on the SW side of SA.  Between games, I had time to kill, and drove up and down a road that had a shitload of businesses with signs in spanish.  I found a store that made and sold perfect flour tortillas.  I bought 6 dozen to bring home (they freeze just fine).  Every taco I made for months tasted like S. Texas.  

I'm fucking jealous.

Salt Lick : Austin BBQ | Las Palapas : SA Tex-Mex

I don’t go to Palapas for the Mexican food. I’ve never actually had enchiladas or tacos in my 30+ year history of eating there. I go for the Okie, breakfast tacos, or their huevos rancheros.

Here are some breakfast I made this morning. Bean, bacon, egg, and cheese.

7dc0de40bfe07bab558e7392f9e6bcc4.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Goddamn....Cajun's posts make me hungry as shit.  The tacos look good, but it's the fluffy homemade flour tortillas that make them transcendent.  A couple of years ago, the boy had a baseball tournament somewhere on the SW side of SA.  Between games, I had time to kill, and drove up and down a road that had a shitload of businesses with signs in spanish.  I found a store that made and sold perfect flour tortillas.  I bought 6 dozen to bring home (they freeze just fine).  Every taco I made for months tasted like S. Texas.  

I'm fucking jealous.

Now I'm just being mean...

Restaurant-Style-Flour-Tortillas-on-a-plate-1.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/31/2020 at 2:47 PM, Beau Vine said:

Come on, mang, do it right: 

https://www.mexicanplease.com/reconstitute-re-hydrate-dried-chili-peppers/

This is a hill I'm willing to die on -- for the life of me, I don't understand why people in Texas insist on using chili powder out of a jar.

I'm lazy, but will make my own chili seasoning for my carne adovada recipe.