2021 QB Charles Wright

LTtxfan

• 1 month later...

Austin High lost its playoff game to Vandergrift tonight, 45-24. It was 24-21 Vandergrift after 3 Qs which is the latest Austin High has hung in a playoff game in my memory at least. 

I'll see if I can dig up a box score tomorrow or see if Wright had any good highlights.

On 12/12/2020 at 12:49 AM, ztejas said:

Austin High lost its playoff game to Vandergrift tonight, 45-24. It was 24-21 Vandergrift after 3 Qs which is the latest Austin High has hung in a playoff game in my memory at least. 

I'll see if I can dig up a box score tomorrow or see if Wright had any good highlights.

I was there he didn’t. Threw a pick 6 on a terrible throw and took two bad sacks at end of game. I hope he gets some real coaching at UT from next staff (fingers crossed) as he looks very rough. 

3 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I was there he didn’t. Threw a pick 6 on a terrible throw and took two bad sacks at end of game. I hope he gets some real coaching at UT from next staff (fingers crossed) as he looks very rough. 

24/35 for 210 for 2 TDs and 1 INT

Doesn't seem that bad. I'd still give him credit for AHS even being in the game. Austin High hasn't won a playoff game in like 80 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

24/35 for 210 for 2 TDs and 1 INT

Doesn't seem that bad. I'd still give him credit for AHS even being in the game. Austin High hasn't won a playoff game in like 80 years. 

He had one long completion that his WR made a great catch on that was a total throw in air like a punt and pray. Their offense is really dink and dunk (at least was in this game). To be fair to him their HC was a box of rocks in terms of his end of game time management.

I wish him the best and hope he does great, I just think Texas could have done a better job at getting a higher ceiling recruit into the system.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

I wish him the best and hope he does great, I just think Texas could have done a better job at getting a higher ceiling recruit into the system.

Well... sure. Preston Stone basically gave him a UT offer. I'm sure he could have been a PWO either way.

I don't think anyone is expecting him to ever start for Texas or be "the guy". He's a high character dude that should help fill out the QB room and be an asset in practice. And I think he'd probably take being QB2 at Texas over rolling the dice somewhere else.

Then again, we saw what Colt did here.