Texas RB Talk

LTtxfan

Do we have too many RBs?  We have two more studs coming in.  Hope Blue stays and forms a great combo with Baxter next year.  Glad Sark got back to two back sets that we ran last year.  

Just hoping everyone sticks around for next year and we try to utilize everyone’s talents consistently. 

1 minute ago, GTJ1982 said:

Do we have too many RBs?  We have two more studs coming in.  Hope Blue stays and forms a great combo with Baxter next year.  Glad Sark got back to two back sets that we ran last year.  

Just hoping everyone sticks around for next year and we try to utilize everyone’s talents consistently. 

I keep hearing (from surly) that Brooks is coming back. 

I think one of the coolest things about blue is if anyone remembers his first carry….ive never gone “omg he just shit his himself” because he couldn’t have looked more scared. I thought no way could he survive college, that year off screwed him. Being able to see the change from that makes him that much cooler. He’s never looked scared since that moment and has added himself to an already bunched rb room but he’s coming on at a good time. Baxter injury looked….confusing but he was all smiles after the game so I can’t imagine much but him and blue are a duo that can win a couple more games. 

19 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Someone was faster? Jesus. 

Next year will be interesting. Baxter needs to work on contact balance and picking his feet up in the hole.  I dont think Blue is every down RB in an offense that relies on inside zone.. Sounds like Brooks is unlikely to be back. Bobby has been extremely high on Christian Clark, since the beginning.. 

18 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Next year will be interesting. Baxter needs to work on contact balance and picking his feet up in the hole.  I dont think Blue is every down RB in an offense that relies on inside zone.. Sounds like Brooks is unlikely to be back. Bobby has been extremely high on Christian Clark, since the beginning.. 

Not worried about Baxter. Choice gonna get him paid. He has the size. Had the benifit of playing behind Brooks as a freshman and has an off-season to improve and watch film.  

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Will be interesting to me whether Blue stays or portals. He seemed to improve his inside running these last few games. Even making some hard yards after contact. Not enough samples to be definitive, but encouraging nevertheless. Think Baxter will benefit from another year in the oven. Not that he isn't big and strong as it is, but still expect a guy his age to put on some good weight from S&C. Hoping that helps his durability.

Really liked the flashes we saw from Wisner too. He has good vision, similar to Brooks IMO. Good problem to have, but can we hang onto all these guys.

2 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Will be interesting to me whether Blue stays or portals. He seemed to improve his inside running these last few games. Even making some hard yards after contact. Not enough samples to be definitive, but encouraging nevertheless. Think Baxter will benefit from another year in the oven. Not that he isn't big and strong as it is, but still expect a guy his age to put on some good weight from S&C. Hoping that helps his durability.

Really liked the flashes we saw from Wisner too. He has good vision, similar to Brooks IMO. Good problem to have, but can we hang onto all these guys.

Wrong or right, I am discounting the Tech game. The OL absolutely dominated from about the 2Q on. Speed is going to look very good in a game like that. 

On 11/27/2023 at 11:24 AM, LTtxfan said:

Coach Choice is awesome !!! 🤘

Choice is also high on the list of RBs having excellent results as WildCat tailbacks... I think he's around 7 yards per play there. With Manning, we can keep the QB in the backfield and be more or less undeterminable for the D as to whether we're going straight RPO or Single-Wing misdirection. HUNH series from such a personnel package would be devastating... line up unbalanced and WTF is going on? Worst case, make 'em burn a TO.

Pay that man, indeed.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Coach Choice is best RB coach in CFB.  🤘

Jonathon Brooks interview in 9min area followed by terrific Coach Choice interview.

Texas football at Sugar Bowl Media Day before 2024 CFP semifinal

Austin American-Statesman

It’s not hard to see why Choice is so good at what he does. His segment was my favorite part of this. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Texas RB Jaydon Blue on His Mindset Going Into the 2024 Season & Joining the SEC | 3rd & Longhorn   

April 4th

Alex Okafor, Derrick Johnson, Fozzy Whittaker, Jeremy Hills, and Nick Shuley are joined by Texas running back, Jaydon Blue. They discuss what went into his decision to come to Texas, how he prepared himself for his opportunity, what running backs he models his game after, and what he’s most excited about going into the SEC.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1