Kenosha shooting

Pancho

Time to burn some more shit down. The only way this is ever going to stop is if the PDs are so terrified of setting off riots and massive property damage that they you know... stop murdering people. We've seen what the attempts to allow them to fix it themselves do. Nothing. I hope they riot in a huge way for this one and every one after until the police stop murdering folks.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 rounds in the back while you're holding onto him and can feel he's not exactly charging you does seem a bit excessive.  But let's get this guy a promotion and a double in pension.  

To the above poster, they didn't use a TASER on him because the officer was too far away from the suspect.  If you can grab somebody by the back of the shirt (not a long jacket, but an undershirt)...that means you are too far away to deploy a TASER.  You may be up to 18 inches away, and a TASER is ineffective that range...they can only be used up to ten feet.  But if you are 18 inches away and can't use a TASER due to the range, you can certainly unload 9 rounds (along with the help of your partner) into the lower back of a suspect who was doing really dangerous shit like trying to sit down in a minivan.  

I am just go glad the table was set for this "Law & Order" showdown in Wisconsin before the Election.  You wanna know why this happened the way it did?  Then congrats, your intellectual proclivities mean you get a gun and a badge next time you're in Kenosha, you're so goddamn stupid.  

Edited by Lobo

Awesome training, really good job having control over that situation so you don't have to resort to your pistol. 

They let him walk away, walk away again, and open his car and start to get in. They couldn't put a stop to that earlier without having to resort to lethal measures?

What's the point of having this many police if some of them are this fucking terrible at their job?

Edited by TornACL
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Awesome training, really good job having control over that situation so you don't have to resort to your pistol. 

They let him walk away, walk away again, and open his car and start to get in. They couldn't put a stop to that earlier without having to resort to lethal measures?

What's the point of having this many police if some of them are this fucking terrible at their job?

This should be everyone's thought on watching that video. Even if he was reaching for a visible gun in the car at the moment he got shot, the officers still fucked up in about a half dozen ways before that moment.

• Hook 'Em 4

This has nothing to do with West/South Chicago (like some armchair LEO analysts will say just given the raw distance to Chicago).  But good point in bringing it up.  This is a very, very white part of the Chicago/Milwaukee MSA...though Kenosha is probably about 10-15% black.  But my god, look at all the visual indicators.  If you think he's going back to his car for a gun, you have ten different ways to stop him before that happens.  If you can grab somebody's fucking shirt..you can tase them or beat the fuck out of 'em with your baton.  Having your weapon drawn for a long, long time and putting rounds in somebody's spinal column...if that's you're training...you went to the wrong fucking Chiropractic College.  

Edited by Lobo

29 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Time to burn some more shit down. The only way this is ever going to stop is if the PDs are so terrified of setting off riots and massive property damage that they you know... stop murdering people. We've seen what the attempts to allow them to fix it themselves do. Nothing. I hope they riot in a huge way for this one and every one after until the police stop murdering folks.

I don't think the protests, or riots, are going to affect the police themselves.

It may affect politicians, who in turn start summarily firing bad cops, with no recourse, while simultaneously muzzling the unions that protect them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I've never understood why these officers, in a situation like this, don't use a taser.

Well, apparently multiple police officers can not stop a slow-moving person from walking away from them, so they have to execute him in the middle of the fucking street.

But also, because they didn't realize they were being filmed.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

The only way this is ever going to stop is if the PDs are so terrified of setting off riots and massive property damage that they you know... stop murdering people.

Make them permanently unemployable as a cop, hit their fucking pensions, break up their fucking unions.

Especially the last.

I can do some work for somebody, do something that fucking wrecks their business, and they are coming after me in court with no lube, and there is no fucking union standing there saying "now, now, just because you have proof that AHB completely fucked up your company, doesn't mean he completely fucked up your company, and we have to assume he is 100% innocent no matter what is shown."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, BurntEyes said:

The riots aren't going to change things, just polarize the outside allowing the unions to carry on defending and supporting shit like this.

Right.  If they have any affect on the popo themselves, it's negative.

The cities that hire and fire police are going to have to take action.

Well, the guy has survived so far.  

The Kenosha News reported that neighbors said the shooting victim was a man who was trying to break up a fight between two women. Bystanders said the man was Tased and then shot several times.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2020/08/23/wisconsin-police-shooting-kenosha-cops-shoot-man-sunday-evening/3427347001/

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

First, let's hope he survives.

Having said that, HOW IN THE FUCK do you shoot someone NINE fucking times from sub 12" and they survive.

I don't think I'm even capable of that feat.

God damn, he should be fucking fired and never allowed to serve again for that alone.

When you fire that many times from that close, you are trying to kill.  Should be charged with attempted murder in my opinion.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

We had friends in Kenosha we would visit when we lived in Michigan. Went to a car race on an iced-over lake there one time when a car broke through the ice. Driver had his kid in the car...they both got out...but cray cray.

RIP Kenosha.

kenosha died when AMC went under

32 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This should be everyone's thought on watching that video. Even if he was reaching for a visible gun in the car at the moment he got shot, the officers still fucked up in about a half dozen ways before that moment.

Just about any catastrophic fuck up is the culmination of multiple small missteps. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Thanks to that twitter clip, this is the intersection of the protest. The white car straight ahead looks to be about where the attempted murder occurred and the apartments on the left is the vantage point of the video.

My God, please make this all stop.

Edited by bolverk
attempted
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

First, let's hope he survives.

Having said that, HOW IN THE FUCK do you shoot someone NINE fucking times from sub 12" and they survive.

I don't think I'm even capable of that feat.

God damn, he should be fucking fired and never allowed to serve again for that alone.

if the cops are using 9mm its actually a lot more common than you think.  those bullets are going so fast that they actually dont leave most of their energy in the body. meaning if the bullet doesnt actually hit anything vital its possible to survive.    

you normally hear about stuff like that from gang related shootings where a guy survives "X number of times being shot"

if these cops were packing some variation of a .40, its real impressive the guy is still alive

10 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

gonna be a bad deal.  what the furk is wrong with cops in these situations?  is there a better way to train? or is more dog training needed?  all answers on the table, what your idea?

I'm going to guess that there's two main psychological types that cause these kind of  problems in police forces.  Macho, bully types that really get into wielding authority, carrying a gun and generally "strapping up" and then more milquetoast guys/gals that really aren't up for all that, but have to keep up appearances lest they be ridiculed and ostracized by the first type.  Neither one is necessarily good when shit gets tense, but both of them get over-eager to brandish their weapons, for different reasons.  The first type is more liable to commit brutality that may end in death (George Floyd, Tony Timpa, Daniel Shaver), while the others get rapidly in over their heads physically and mentally and use the gun out of fear (this guy, Amber Guyger).

I think there's plenty of regular ones that are the "good cops" because they have an honest identity with themselves and make their own way, for the most part, without harming people.  But, as we often note, they willingly become part of the thin blue line that protects the first two types and that's unacceptable.

38 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

if these cops were packing some variation of a .40, its real impressive the guy is still alive

.22 and he'd be dead 3 times over.

Really, really hope he survives so these assholes get their fucking due in court.

I'll admit, I did wonder "did the cop see him reaching for a gun?" but like was said upthread, even if he was (and I somehow doubt he was), why the fuck do you let him walk around and get in the car? If you were THAT ready to shoot him, shouldn't he be cuffed or tased or restrained to some degree?

One thing I keep coming back to and it sucks that I do, but I can't help it.  A lot of these victims just seem to have a knack for doing exactly what's going to get them shot or brutalized by the popo.

Doesn't justify it in any way.  But I can just see this guy saying "fuck you, I didn't do anything wrong, I'm out" and here we are.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

The cops’ main failure was letting him open the car door. They should have tased or tackled him sooner. Once it got to that point they should’ve backed off and let the police chase ensue. However, this isn’t exactly Floyd where excessive force was being used while there was no imminent threat to the officer. They weren’t intending to kill him before he opened the door. Once he opened the door and got in or reached in for something, after not following directions all the way around the car, the cops may have a reasonable argument that they were acting to protect themselves. 
Not a single comment about the victim not complying? There’s no easier way to de-escalate than to listen to the cops and follow instructions. Cops should all be fired for their incompetence up until the victim opened his car door.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

One thing I keep coming back to and it sucks that I do, but I can't help it.  A lot of these victims just seem to have a knack for doing exactly what's going to get them shot or brutalized by the popo.

Doesn't justify it in any way.  But I can just see this guy saying "fuck you, I didn't do anything wrong, I'm out" and here we are.

Do you know how hard it is to get shot and killed in other first world countries? By police or other citizens or mass shooters? It's almost impossible.

Meanwhile, 1/5,000 people were shot and killed in the US last year. That seems a little high.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, smuggs said:

Just making an observation here - is there a gun on the pavement in front of the driver’s door? It gets kicked around a bit when the struggle starts. I guess it could be a taser but those are usually yellow.

Whatever it is, it's there from the outset, before they even come to that side of the car.  I don't think it's a gun, just some random detritus.