Kenosha shooting

Pancho

3 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The cops’ main failure was letting him open the car door. They should have tased or tackled him sooner. Once it got to that point they should’ve backed off and let the police chase ensue

This is where I am. Why the fuck didn’t they tackle him? He wasn’t running, he was walking normal back to the car.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Do you know how hard it is to get shot and killed in other first world countries? By police or other citizens or mass shooters? It's almost impossible.

Meanwhile, 1/5,000 people were shot and killed in the US last year. That seems a little high.

I have been a proponent of disarming cops for a while now.

But given what we know about how likely cops are to do unto you, it seems prudent for everyone who's not mentally impaired to be compliant.  It's certainly going to be on my mind if/when I next encounter cops.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have been a proponent of disarming cops for a while now.

But given what we know about how likely cops are to do unto you, it seems prudent for everyone who's not mentally impaired to be compliant.  It's certainly going to be on my mind if/when I next encounter cops.

Right. It shouldn't matter what he did, though. Even if he said "fuck you I didn't do anything I'm leaving" he shouldn't wind up with 9 shots in his back.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Right. It shouldn't matter what he did, though. Even if he said "fuck you I didn't do anything I'm leaving" he shouldn't wind up with 9 shots in his back.

That's why I said it doesn't justify it in any way.

I get that black folks are sick of being fucked with, but maaaan, don't fuck with these dipshits with guns.  First, don't even call em, but if you have to or they happen to show up, be on your best behavior.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I get that black folks are sick of being fucked with, but maaaan, don't fuck with these dipshits with guns.  First, don't even call em, but if you have to or they happen to show up, be on your best behavior.

Quit appealing to my conservative sensibilities and let me be outraged.

On first pass, this looks needless. This happened just north of Chicago. I wonder if all the shit going down in that area has any effect. Also, if there was a warrant for this guy would it have any bearing on how the cops should react. If he was just driving away, I see no reason for the shooting. If there was a weapon in the car, it may change things.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

the extra casual nature in which this pig tried to kill this man is what's most disturbing. well, that, and the fact that incidents like this register as zero on the "how shocked am i that this happened" scale. 

I'm still trying to figure out why three cops were letting him just fucking walk around the car without waiting until he was in the car to do something, and then they decide to execute him.

The guy wasn't sprinting through a parking lot looking for a car or anything.  Just fucking walked, and apparently they couldn't stop him without shooting him.

Edited by atomheartbevo

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

One thing I keep coming back to and it sucks that I do, but I can't help it.  A lot of these victims just seem to have a knack for doing exactly what's going to get them shot or brutalized by the popo.

Doesn't justify it in any way.  But I can just see this guy saying "fuck you, I didn't do anything wrong, I'm out" and here we are.

Or they've decided they are going to get shot/killed, so they might try and get away.

Fear makes people do crazy shit.

2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Time to burn some more shit down. The only way this is ever going to stop is if the PDs are so terrified of setting off riots and massive property damage that they you know... stop murdering people. We've seen what the attempts to allow them to fix it themselves do. Nothing. I hope they riot in a huge way for this one and every one after until the police stop murdering folks.

You really post things that are not very bright and should post less.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, smuggs said:

Just making an observation here - is there a gun on the pavement in front of the driver’s door? It gets kicked around a bit when the struggle starts. I guess it could be a taser but those are usually yellow.

Whatever was on the pavement was there the whole time they were arguing with the guy and well before he walked around.  And they made no effort to kick it away or keep him from reaching it, so I'm guessing it was trash/rock.etc.

The other bizarre thing is that two of them appear to have their guns out waaaay before he starts walking away.  That seems completely unjustified.  Maybe one is a taser.

I'm partly influenced by this movie I watched last night, Queen & Slim.  Movie starts out with a cop encounter gone wrong and the black character, while completely innocent and a good dude, just seems to do all the wrong things, but far short of walking away.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

In his head, maybe he was thinking "I'm not the one who was fighting, it was those crazy bitches, I'm just going to leave and you all can deal with them."

Yeah, that's what it looks like, but that's just not a smart move, especially when they're drawn on you.

55 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Usually good advice. But when you grow up hearing about and seeing cops slamming handcuffed people’s faces into car hoods, kicking the fuck out of their ribs while they’re lying on the ground, and giving them the boot to the neck treatment, it kind of changes your perspective somewhat. In the heat of the moment you just think I need to get the fuck away from these people. 

Admittedly (and shamefully), in my younger days, I was on team "if they just obeyed the officer, none of this would have happened." I didn't fully comprehend at the time that the actual saying was, "you'd better obey them because they're murderous, psychopathic, lunatics itching for the slightest excuse to put you in the ground."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

One thing I keep coming back to and it sucks that I do, but I can't help it.  A lot of these victims just seem to have a knack for doing exactly what's going to get them shot or brutalized by the popo.

Doesn't justify it in any way.  But I can just see this guy saying "fuck you, I didn't do anything wrong, I'm out" and here we are.

That same thing happened down the street from me with a college student who an Incarnate Word Security Peace Officer was attempting to pull over a few yrs ago. It was off campus so the kid just drove on to his apt. (also off campus) thinking the rent-a-cop was full of shit and did not respect his authority. Security guard shot and killed him almost immediately.

11 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

For those who don't know, Kenosha is just across the Wisconsin border headed north from Chicago. It's about 1-1.5 away from Chicago. That puts it on the board or what is considered Chicagoland area. 

In other words, this shouldn't stir up any additional issues and an already calm Chicago.

It's also where Weezer once put on a live performance of Buddy Holly at an Arnold's Drive-In back in 1958.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I'm starting to glean from some of you that you think this is related to the black-on-black shooting violence of far South Chicago.  You do realize that Kenosha is 80 miles away from the epicenter of that violence, right?  This is as related as minority gun violence in Southeast Austin being linked to a wrongful police shooting in Temple.  Both geographically and culturally.  Some of y'all have too much judgement and not enough google maps in your life. 

Edited by Lobo

This cop is fucked. Super fucked.  Question does anyone on earth watch the news or social media anymore?

As a cop you know you’re gonna get filmed doing anything.  As a cop you know the moment you pull a gun it’s all over for everyone. As a cop don’t fucking act like you haven’t seen the media the past decade. Pull the trigger and it’s game over.  Why the fuck do you still do it dumbasses 

as the victim perpetrators bystander what the fuck ever. Don’t act like you haven’t seen on the media  that running your mouth and fighting these assholes are gonna get you shot.  Literally everyone on that street that day to include the women and children watching knew exactly what was gonna happen and everything played out like it does.  When the hell is society going to learn its lesson.     Pick your battles needs to be taught In school because society is so fucked that you never know whOs goinf to do what 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm still trying to figure out why three cops were letting him just fucking walk around the car without waiting until he was in the car to do something, and then they decide to execute him.

The guy wasn't sprinting through a parking lot looking for a car or anything.  Just fucking walked, and apparently they couldn't stop him without shooting him.

The thrill of the chase always makes for more exciting hunting I guess.  

So many things done wrong before the shooting of an un armed man in the back.  Turning your back on a cop is never a good thing to do.  It makes 'em a bit ragey.

10 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Ahh, the Baker Mayfield. He ended up with a misdemeanor and an NFL contract.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

This cop is fucked. Super fucked.  Question does anyone on earth watch the news or social media anymore?

while I agree this was an idiotically scared cop, one who shouldnt be on the force, and one who SHOULD now be charged with either attempted murder or (God forbid) actual murder... there is a lot more ambiguity in this video than the George Floyd murder.

unless the audio comes out that counters the video there is a tiny, TINY spec of a possibility that the cops thought he was going for a weapon, which unfortunately means there is a better than 33% chance the jury (which most likely will have a change of venue to a remote corner of Lilly White Wisconsin) will buy the story that he was in fear for his life and kept shooting as hes trained until the suspect stopped moving and being a threat.    which means he isnt found guilty of a criminal act...

It sucks.... it royally sucks.   and I just cant understand how these encounters keep happening over and over again despite these cops knowing they are on body cam and most likely being filmed by the public as well.

I agree the cop should be in prison for many years... but Im just not hopeful you will find a group of 12 white jurors from rural Wisconsin to all agree hes guilty and convict.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

while I agree this was an idiotically scared cop, one who shouldnt be on the force, and one who SHOULD now be charged with either attempted murder or (God forbid) actual murder... there is a lot more ambiguity in this video than the George Floyd murder.

unless the audio comes out that counters the video there is a tiny, TINY spec of a possibility that the cops thought he was going for a weapon, which unfortunately means there is a better than 33% chance the jury (which most likely will have a change of venue to a remote corner of Lilly White Wisconsin) will buy the story that he was in fear for his life and kept shooting as hes trai until the suspect stopped moving and being a threat.    which means he isnt found guilty of a criminal act...

It sucks.... it royally sucks.   and I just cant understand how these encounters keep happening over and over again despite these cops knowing they are on body cam and most likely being filmed by the public as well.

I agree the cop should be in prison for many years... but Im just not hopeful you will find a group of 12 white jurors from rural Wisconsin to all agree hes guilty and convict.

i agree i do agree, and it easy to armchair when not in the situation, but damn if they thought he was going for a weapon, theres 3  tackle and pin his ass on the vehicle and ground and pound or something,  but fear does cloud the mind and again real easy from my desk to type this out not being in the situation.  just a lose lose lose all around.  I have no idea why on earth anyone wants to be a cop these days

• Hook 'Em 1

just reported that Jacob Blake WAS tased, and continued walking; resisting arrest.

So they apparently did taze him?  He was walking unsteadily when they lost sight of his hands and he reached into the car.  Do these guys not know what a rear naked choke is?  Or has that been outlawed?  I know some forms of restraint are no longer allowed?