MTV's The Challenge, season 36

shadow_operative

Show did a nice job teasing the girls elimination!  They almost got everyone, TJ!

Glad to see Ashley go, she's toxic and stupid but a pretty strong competitor.

I don't think this makes Theresa's shot at a final any better though.

Jay looks like he is numero uno on the chopping block next unless they win.

Seems like this season there is more whining about being thrown in and “betrayed”.  All these hypocrite butt hurt feelings.  Stfu.  You HAVE TO go in eventually if you want to win.  Why not go in early when there are weaker players still around?? Bunch of idiots. 

Like what is their plan to get in the final? You arent always going to have a chance to throw yourself in or pick your elimination game format. 

Hey Kam maybe thank them for throwing you in bc you won and got a skull now. Jeezus.

And please stop Kyle and Big T from talking so much. 

Yes still love this show. It’s all I got right now. 

The Ringer’s recap agrees with most of us. 

That said, it will never stop being hilarious how people on The Challenge think they’re safe from being fucked over by a so-called friend. Everyone always acts surprised that they can’t trust anybody, even though the takeaway of every episode is that you can’t trust anybody. Cory yelling “Did you not wink at me on the bus?!” at Jay has to be one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever seen on this show. It’s a show about deception, my guy!

——

It’s also somewhat strange that so far, none of the group challenge winners have schemed to get a weak competitor thrown into elimination, thus giving the winners the opportunity to nominate themselves and get an easy ticket to the final. Everyone has been much more focused on surviving week to week. But that will change, and when it does, undersized rookies like Amber M. and Mechie are going to be sacrificed by bigger veterans.

https://www.theringer.com/2021/1/21/22241488/the-challenge-double-agents-episode-6-recap-theresa-jay-elimination

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Pablo said:

Show did a nice job teasing the girls elimination!  They almost got everyone, TJ!

Glad to see Ashley go, she's toxic and stupid but a pretty strong competitor.

I don't think this makes Theresa's shot at a final any better though.

Jay looks like he is numero uno on the chopping block next unless they win.

At least she can add. Honestly I'd have been okay with an entire 15 minutes dedicated to watching Josh fail at the math puzzle after Devin kept coming at him with his "What's 9x8, Josh?!?" shit talk that Josh never really provided an answer to earlier this season.

I think Theresa basically said she had 3 girls that she didn't trust and this matchup assured she got rid of one of them. I think she played it quite poorly, but she at least accomplished that. Now she's targeted by half the house. 

• Haha 1

Thought Theresa's move was fine, Kam can come at her all she wants...but at this point the strongest women she can put against her are Lolo, Aneesa, Nany. Outside of Lolo the other two probably don't scare her at all and I think all of the women are scared to piss Lolo off by being the ones to put her in.

18 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I like Kam. I really do. I think she’s one of the best female competitors, she has a reasonable personality, and she’s a solid 7. But GTFO with that makeup she had on this episode. ICP, hot topic looking ass. 

I had no problem with her shirt

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

i have to hand it to Leroy.... he fucking killed that challenge.   Im not really sure anyone else could have beaten Jay doing that challenge.  

I think they were probably the 2 guys left best equipped for that challenge.

Challenge and elim both evoked what are probably Leroy's 2 best moments in challenge history: another heli challenge where he climbed a rope (in what was maybe his first challenge season?), and then we've seen him similarly crush the elimination when he knocked out Johnny and Nany in Battle of the exes 2.

Even knowing that Leroy has a history of flying in that elimination, I thought maybe Jay's rock climbing background would put Leroy at risk

This made me laugh because I noticed it last night too. 

spacer.png

This is amazing: Leroy goes to fist-bump Kaycee, sees that she’s coming in palm-open, and switches to a dap in one fluid motion before contact is made, narrowly avoiding one of the most awkward things that can ever happen to a person. 

The second I saw this I knew Leroy was going to smoke Jay in the elimination.

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2021/1/28/22253273/the-challenge-double-agents-episode-7-recap-jay-josh-devin-fight

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Thats peak African American skills right there. How many times do you see a black dude fuck up a handshake and make it awkward. The transition was elite lol. 

22 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Devin is one of my favorite people in this game lol. Knows his place in the game. He’s the instigator and he plays his role well. 

Also, Amber B is fine as shit. She must not have a lot of personality though because she rarely gets screen time. 

As long as he's going after morons like Josh and Fessy, he comes off hilarious.  When he goes after Bananas, it doesn't come off as well.  He loses the humor then and it just gets nasty and personal.  

I think like most rookies, Amber is lying low and trying to figure out what the hell is going on.  That's what most rookies do.  Last night's episode helped her cause as far as returning in the future.  

5 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

As long as he's going after morons like Josh and Fessy, he comes off hilarious.  When he goes after Bananas, it doesn't come off as well.  He loses the humor then and it just gets nasty and personal.  

I think like most rookies, Amber is lying low and trying to figure out what the hell is going on.  That's what most rookies do.  Last night's episode helped her cause as far as returning in the future.  

Ha I completely forgot about that weird situation with Johnny, but part of me thinks there was some editing going on that didn’t make Johnny look as bad as he really was that night. Devin doesn’t strike me as being that malicious or irrational, so I feel like there was more behind the scenes that we didn’t see. Could be wrong though. Maybe my bias is coming through. 

Ha I completely forgot about that weird situation with Johnny, but part of me thinks there was some editing going on that didn’t make Johnny look as bad as he really was that night. Devin doesn’t strike me as being that malicious or irrational, so I feel like there was more behind the scenes that we didn’t see. Could be wrong though. Maybe my bias is coming through. 

You can’t fuck with Bananas the way you can a moron like Josh or Fessy, so the humor is lost. I like both of the guys on their own, but they’re pretty toxic when they go at it. His dad’s death made that one the worst, but it’s never entertaining when those two fight.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

white people's one shining moment:

Amin Elhassan said it best when he was on the Lebetard show. Pre-covid, when it doubt, you ALWAYS go for what kaycee did (the slap/grip that LeRoy transitioned to). With covid, all rules are out the window. This guy got lucky. That had awkward potential written all over it haha.