MTV's The Challenge, season 36

shadow_operative

I am about 99% sure the producers would have absolutely fucked everyone over if Gabby had gone down ( taking Devin with her).

they would have fucking made it a guys elimination because a gold skull would have been at risk.  once Gabby said no thanks  ( which i really dont understand - even Darrell was like... You have kept Amber M around for this entire reason.... go  get it)...

once Devin for sure wasnt at risk, the producers had to make it a womens elimination.  

Gabby should have volunteered, yes... but Devin would have said no... and then poof, his ass is on the chopping block again... or if he agreed and went down... I am really positive the producers would have punished that as well by suddenly flipping and making it a guys elimination day.  OR  making it a double elimination day, which still fucks Devin over.

and now we get to listen to Amber B talking shit.... bitch... you were pathetic,  beating the 2nd most useless woman left in the show wasnt something special... go hangout with Josh and brag about your skull...

Edited by AUS-97HORN

From a Devin interview last night after it aired. 

And say it even is a guys' elimination and I lose, Gabby gets a new partner, which she probably would be pretty happy about. [Laughs] So if I were her, I would have 100 percent voted us in, because I need my skull and because if it's not a girl day and I can't get my skull, at least I get a different partner that isn't Devin. So I really don't understand why she didn't do it. I think just in that moment fear got the best of her. It was a golden opportunity lost. 

She fucked herself every which way, period. 

And here’s another way it could have benefited them both if it stayed a chick brawl. 

Was that elimination really as bad as it looked?

DEVIN: It was worse. Me and Gabby looked at each other at one point like, "We thought Jay and Theresa were bad Double Agents? Move over, let me hold your beer." It was just unbelievable. We were disappointed in ourselves, for sure. And by the same token, I missed a golden opportunity to go rogue here. If I had voted for us to go in, we're likely going down there, Gabby likely wins, she's likely mad at me because I sent her down there blindsiding her, so she picks a different partner; whoever she picks, their partner's f---ing definitely not picking me after I just threw my own partner in! I could have played my cards right. It would have been guys' elimination next week, I'd be in that coveted rogue-agent position of not having to compete in the challenge and being ineligible for elimination but also still having a vote. And considering that I am 100 percent public enemy No. 1 for every guy without a gold skull that's looking at me like a piece of meat, it would have been like, now you've got to go after one of these other guys with gold skull, and good luck against Fessy, Kyle, Josh, or Leroy in something physical. But as someone that is self-aware, I can acknowledge when I blow it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

“My Achilles heel is trying to have a relationship,” Lolo tells Nam, which is a can of worms I have zero interest trying to unpack. She goes on to throw out some classic breakup lines: “I want a guy who accepts me for who I am,” she says, as well as, “You may not say it but you make me feel like that every day.” It also comes out that Nam used to tell Lolo to “put the tiger in the cage,” but that he hasn’t used that phrase in at least three weeks.

lmao.

I agree with @AUS-97HORN in that if Gabby/Devin decide to go down, they make it a guys elimination.  I would expect them to go for the higher drama than letting 2 miniscule chicks in Hall Brawl.  Especially with the added 3 rounds of collisions from returning the ball to your side.

Just thinking this trough, surely Gabby would've beat tiny Amber and then selected Fessy.  That leaves Cory and Devin without partners, so Aneesa has choose one of them.  Would she choose Cory over Devin whom she's already made jokes about Cory not keeping a partner.  I wish this timeline would've happened.

i don't believe they were ever going to change anything about the elimination, regardless of whether or not Devin threw himself in there. for one, i've read plenty of "behind the scenes" stuff about reality shows like this, and the impression i get is that fans think that producers meddle waaaaaaay more than they actually do. also, did y'all not see the size of that hall? i doubt CT could even walk through it, much less have two men run a real hall brawl in there. shit was tiny.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Bye Lolo. Nobody cares. You’re a horrible teammate and sore loser.  “Oh my boot..too much drag” lmao. But the girls should be happy. 

Kam should calm down. I think Lolo whoops those girls in a final. 

Darrell...smh. But...Devin had already dug himself a deep grave. 

I love how long these seasons last. I almost forgot Wes was in it at one point. And that Ashley came back just to get eliminated again.  

Hopefully CT has the reach to edge out a lighter Devin in this elimination...

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

They're also bringing back the original RW NY cast on that platform. 

Add one more. 

And speaking of Real World's sister show: Road Rules is also returning to Paramount+ -- with a new roaster of Road Warriors. 

More on RR: These strangers will be abandoned in a far-flung location and stripped of their modern day luxuries by beginning a restricted life in an RV, traveling from location to location. They will be guided by a set of clues, odd jobs, and missions for money. If they last to the end of the trip, they walk away "rewarded...handsomely" with a life-changing prize.

http://www.mtv.com/news/3174601/challenge-all-stars-paramount-plus/

To (likely) lose Devin when it could have been Josh is about the biggest swing in the negative direction that I can conceive. What a bummer.

Also, there was a pretty significant variance in how the boat approached the heli ropes. Josh made a fucking mess of it, but his team did get one of the 2- or 3 worst approaches. I think Devin got the worst

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah I kind of thought the Devin rope issue wasn't fully his fault by watching it.  I didn't examine it that well, but it just seemed like he didn't have much of a shot to even grab it and get on.   Josh on the other hand was just an idiot going for his partners rope and not even paying attention to his rope.  

now i was three whiskeys in and on some heavy drugs last night, but am i remembering correctly that Lolo whined, and cried, and pussied out and quit, only to have everyone hug her and give her a standing ovation? the fuck is that about? if they don't have TJ stand there and call her out for being so weak then that's bullshit. "i can't win anything so i quit." fuck outta here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Agreed the angle we saw it looked like Devin's rope was outboard of the boat by like 6ft which he mentioned later.  Most everyone had the rope land right on their body...they should have had some kind of bar/rope horizontally between the two ropes to make sure they stay close together.  

Listening to the podcast with Tori....she says Josh is a low key horndog got drunk one night and was throwing up & crying....and asked Aneesa "will you suck my d"? Nice try Josh, but you gay.

16 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

now i was three whiskeys in and on some heavy drugs last night, but am i remembering correctly that Lolo whined, and cried, and pussied out and quit, only to have everyone hug her and give her a standing ovation? the fuck is that about? if they don't have TJ stand there and call her out for being so weak then that's bullshit. "i can't win anything so i quit." fuck outta here. 

None of the girls wanted to face her in a final.. so now that she's gone they don't have to block her from going in

48 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Could Darrell have been the house vote? Then you have one strong guy guaranteed to go home & no skulls are at stake. That sure seems like the smart play if it’s allowed. 

They could vote him in, but they'd be putting themselves at risk because CT wouldn't put himself in

14 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

What would be the point of that?  CT needed a skull.

They didn’t listen to CT’s choice anyway. The house can vote whoever the fuck they want regardless of the Agents. 

6 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

They could vote him in, but they'd be putting themselves at risk because CT wouldn't put himself in

Probably true, wish someone at least brought it up as an option. 

Edited by shadow_operative2.0

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

They didn’t listen to CT’s choice anyway. The house can vote whoever the fuck they want regardless of the Agents. 

I doubt CT would pass, he knows he probably only has one shot. Wish someone would have at least brought it up. 

What? All available mens' skulls are taken. If CT competes against Darrell, neither leaves with a skull

12 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

I wish Josh would have been voted in. Devin is good for entertainment.

but, then again, everyone knows josh sucks so I guess thats why Darrell voted for Devin.   hes holding out hope that he can go up against Josh himself.

and everyone else is happy with josh around becuase hes a pussy.  and a weird bit loyal to the BB team.   But basically why get rid of him when you dont have to.   if he makes the final, hes not gonna win. so thats 1 less person to worry about.   and for Cory, Darrel,  whoever gets to go into the arena next wants to go against Josh if they can.