MTV's The Challenge, season 36

shadow_operative

LMAO:

1AFD25E5-8759-4849-A1A7-628A56E9EDFD.jpeg

"How to face life's hurdles with grit, hustle, and grace." okie dokie Lolo. unless that book says, "whine, cry, blame all of your struggles on anyone/anything but yourself, and quit when things get tough", then i hope it's located in the fiction section. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

anyone else notice that MTV fucked up the order of operations on the math challenge....    there were no parenthesis on the division symbol at the end of Leroy and Kaycee's math equation.

it was 319x 6 + 706 / 2 

51024264846_211eabd945.jpg

yet they allowed them to do  the multiplication first, then the subtraction then the division.   which is fucking wrong. 

51024264406_39517ec7cf.jpg

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Hook 'Em 1

did i miss something? what on earth has the females in this house all scrambling to be Fessy's partner? he's a doughy, underperforming, mentally weak loser who's done nothing to earn this type of reputation. i hope that he and Nany flame out in a major way and then both retire from the Challenge. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

did i miss something? what on earth has the females in this house all scrambling to be Fessy's partner? he's a doughy, underperforming, mentally weak loser who's done nothing to earn this type of reputation. i hope that he and Nany flame out in a major way and then both retire from the Challenge. 

Nah, it's really bizarre that Darrell/CT aren't the top choices given their history in finals. Even Leroy is clearly a better overall competitor. The girls this season suck and are dumb though (worst female cast in a long time imo) and just see how large a human he is and somehow think this makes him best.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

anyone else notice that MTV fucked up the order of operations on the math challenge....    there were no parenthesis on the division symbol at the end of Leroy and Kaycee's math equation.

it was 319x 6 + 706 / 2 

51024264846_211eabd945.jpg

yet they allowed them to do  the multiplication first, then the subtraction then the division.   which is fucking wrong. 

51024264406_39517ec7cf.jpg

I get aggressively triggered by it every year

8 hours ago, Teryor said:

Nah, it's really bizarre that Darrell/CT aren't the top choices given their history in finals. Even Leroy is clearly a better overall competitor. The girls this season suck and are dumb though (worst female cast in a long time imo) and just see how large a human he is and somehow think this makes him best.

I can understand not wanting to steal CT and make Kam mad.  But take Darrell and who cares about Amber B.  But Fessy is probably in better shape that Darrell running wise and definitely better than CT.  Couldn't (shouldn't) steal Leroy so Fessy is kind of the easy pick here instead of staying with Kyle who dumped her already

29 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

I can understand not wanting to steal CT and make Kam mad.  But take Darrell and who cares about Amber B.  But Fessy is probably in better shape that Darrell running wise and definitely better than CT.  Couldn't (shouldn't) steal Leroy so Fessy is kind of the easy pick here instead of staying with Kyle who dumped her already

Fessy gassed out in the final literally last season, can't do a puzzle to save his life, and just showed he'd be a liability in an eating portion though I doubt they have one in the final after last night. Darrell has a proven (albeit older) track record in which he's never lost in finals, CT killed the final a couple seasons ago. You're right that Leroy wasn't an option so it absolutely should have been one of the other two.

• Hook 'Em 1

how is Fessy not in better shape? dude is a former college athlete in the prime of his life and yet he might not even be in better physical shape than Josh is. what did CT look like at Fessy's age? Landon? Alton? Wes? Leroy? Darrell? Nam? Abram? Zach? Brad, Cory, Nelson, Hunter, Joss, Derrick, Theo, Marlon, Jordan, Ty, etc, etc, etc? the list of guys who aren't/weren't in better shape than Fessy is at his age is a short one. he's in better shape than Preston, and Knight (to say the least), and Big EZ, but the list doesn't get much longer from there. i guess it's because he's an introvert. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

also, he cheated on/left Hayleigh, by far one of the hottest chicks to ever appear on reality TV (not to mention that she's smart, driven, educated, and oh yeah, smoking fucking hot) so that he can fuck around with the likes of Tori and Gabby. dude is unbelievably easy to root against. 

9 hours ago, Teryor said:

The girls this season suck and are dumb though (worst female cast in a long time imo) 

It started out as probably the best female cast, at least physically. You’ve lost Natalie, Tori, Nicole, Theresa, Lolo and Ashley. Add in Kaycee and Kam and that’s pretty stout. 

Edited by TonyTexas

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Ain’t how you start. It’s Kaycee, Kam, & & the 4 dwarfs now. Albeit one really round dwarf. 

Girls are setting up their final extremely well.  It's basically a 2 woman shot for 500k between Kaycee and Kam.  Amber B, Nany, and Aneesa basically have zero shot vs those 2.

Guys have a fairly stout final of Leroy, Fessy, Darrell, Kyle, CT as it stands.  Well at least not 2 standouts and 3 weak links.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Ain’t how you start. It’s Kaycee, Kam, & & the 4 dwarfs now. Albeit one really round dwarf. 

i wouldnt count Nany out just yet.  Shes OK at puzzles, and has some stamina and physical ability.   Shes clearly nowhere near Kam and Kaycee, but its possible those 2 end up getting tripped up on something and Nany could sneak in.      Im not saying its happening, but in my mind shes 3rd on the power rank list of the ladies.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

how is Fessy not in better shape? dude is a former college athlete in the prime of his life and yet he might not even be in better physical shape than Josh is. what did CT look like at Fessy's age? Landon? Alton? Wes? Leroy? Darrell? Nam? Abram? Zach? Brad, Cory, Nelson, Hunter, Joss, Derrick, Theo, Marlon, Jordan, Ty, etc, etc, etc? the list of guys who aren't/weren't in better shape than Fessy is at his age is a short one. he's in better shape than Preston, and Knight (to say the least), and Big EZ, but the list doesn't get much longer from there. i guess it's because he's an introvert. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

also, he cheated on/left Hayleigh, by far one of the hottest chicks to ever appear on reality TV (not to mention that she's smart, driven, educated, and oh yeah, smoking fucking hot) so that he can fuck around with the likes of Tori and Gabby. dude is unbelievably easy to root against. 

peyton manning what GIF by Gatorade

• Haha 1

For my shadow_op bro. 

Is Fessy getting the worst edit of this season, or is he just an unlikable dude? Throughout Double Agents he’s been a bother, alternately cocky and complaining, while also dressing like that photo of Dwayne Johnson in a fanny pack. 

But this episode was just a gauntlet of bad PR for Fessy. It starts with him throwing the puke challenge because he wants to get rid of Aneesa as a partner—and while he thinks he’s doing a great job acting, uh, he 100 percent is not. Then, he and Gabby continue to get closer—and while it’s hard to watch any man flirt on national television, it’s extra grating watching Fessy do it. But to make things even worse, about five minutes after making out with Gabby, Fessy is chatting with Cory about how attracted he is to Tori—who, it’s worth noting, was still engaged at the time of the conversation.

“Fessy has always wanted Tori, is the bottom line,” Cory says. “Fessy has always been attracted to Tori. He doesn’t care if she’s engaged—he wants her.”

So, to recap, Fessy is:

• A shitty teammate
  • Bad at flirting
  • Already thinking about hooking up with a different girl than the one he’s currently hooking up with
  • Absolutely interested in breaking up a marriage

What a guy!

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2021/3/11/22324008/the-challenge-double-agents-episode-13-recap-gabby-fessy-nany

• Hook 'Em 1

It's going to be hilarious when TJ tells them the final is individual, and all the machinations to get the right partner don't end up meaning anything. He keeps saying "Nothing is as it seems", to me that screams your partner never mattered in the end.

It would make for a more interesting final. As it stands now, if they do run as teams, Leroy and Kam get half the first place money and half the second place money. Just an issue of bragging rights.

My biggest concern with Leroy/KC was mental, but then they solved the math puzzle. Solved it wrong, but still solved it the way the show wanted.  

Edited by CAHorn

4 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

There is no way Fessy is in better running shape than the former boxer and personal trainer.

I love seeing Kyle get fucked over. Suck it loser...have fun dragging lard ass around.

I was starting to think Leroy and Kaycee should be heavy favorites for the final, but after their inability to do simple math I am no longer sure they are better off than Kam/CT.

20 hours ago, CAHorn said:

It's going to be hilarious when TJ tells them the final is individual, and all the machinations to get the right partner don't end up meaning anything. He keeps saying "Nothing is as it seems", to me that screams your partner never mattered in the end.

I could see this happening.  They want everyone to get hung up on backstabbing each other playing musical chairs with partners.  Haven't most the last finals been run individually anyway? Last season Jenny and Bananas both finished and got paid but were competing against their own gender, right?  I can only remember the US vs UK show that was a team final.

I keep waiting for a double elimination though....but TJ has been consistent on boy girl each week.

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

What was the point of the ropes if it was just a race?

they made those cords way too long. aren't they supposed to test these things out first? one of, if not *the* most disappointing eliminations i've ever watched. i already knew that cory is younger, faster, stronger, and in better shape; i wanted to see if Darrell could win the mental/endurance game enough to make a difference. the way they set it up it was literally just a foot race. epic fucking fail. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Devin/Wes & Kaycee/Theresa both did variations of ‘Snapping Point’ & wound up in the dirt. I think Darrell just got beat by too much to matter. 

This.  The ropes would have to be a finite length for the challenge to work.  Cory just smoked him.

Lol Cory...why even make Big T go into the water if you knew you weren't gona be able to do it.  What a puss, he did not deserve to get a skull.

The wife thought Cam and CT won...but I told her that mtv edits the hell out of these to confuse the viewer on any timed event.  They made Kyle/Aneesa look like they took longer than others and were more confused.

I'm starting to dislike Leroy.  It's tough going into a challenge that features a (strong) couple that will form a huge alliance.  

Boring elimination....not a good setup, over too fast.  I would have rather seen the one where they are just tethered in the middle of a ring and have to pull each other by crawling.  Sorry to see Darrell go.

Lol CT back w Big T.

48 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Fessy almost concussing Nany :01 into their competitive partnership was pretty hilarious

He's such a fucking doofus.  Him and Josh could do a reality show called the Doofus Brothers.  Would. Not. Watch.  

So since she's the rouge agent, Amber B can't be the one to go into the final elimination against Big T.  She looked all sad when Darrell got eliminated when she should have been celebrating, though that wouldn't have been very classy.  I wonder if Aneesa and Nany instantly figured that out, because one of them has to go in now.  Unless they throw Kam in to destroy her and get her partner back.  I almost hope it's Nany just to see the look on Fessy's face when she drops him as a partner and goes back to Kyle.  

13 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I like Darrell and he’s been good over the years. But he’s a little overrated. Yeah , he has 4 wins but 3 of those have been as a part of big teams. He’s only 6-4 in eliminations. 

Agreed. He also mentioned that the challenges have gotten harder over the years.  Can't knock their past championships, but it's a different game now.  The way they area voting people into elimination and the politics changed so much, plus all the rule changes/twists.

Looking back at old old seasons some of the events were dumb like plug holes in a leaking tank with your body parts....human wheel barrow race. lol

I noticed they have gotten away from the sexy hands on challenges...every season would have at least one where they lather up in something and have to rub/grope each other.