MTV's The Challenge, season 36

shadow_operative

So do you think TJ just makes up the "it's a girl's elimination" on the fly, or is it the formula already scripted?  He has been pretty consistent with boy girl rotation each week.  Just wondering if they decide boy/girl day depending on who is on the crater floor?  Big T got to enjoy her skull for a week (or however much time really passes between eliminations) 

I’m stupid, so hang with me...wouldn’t you want to be picked by Nanny so you can compete in the next challenge and potentially win and protect yourself?

The way it’s been all season is that if you don’t have a partner then you’re a rogue agent and don’t compete in the daily and can’t be voted or chosen to go into elimination.

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

The way it’s been all season is that if you don’t have a partner then you’re a rogue agent and don’t compete in the daily and can’t be voted or chosen to go into elimination.

Ah I forgot you can’t be voted in. Knew I was missing something 

although this would be an epic backstab if Kam actually does the deal. 

she doesnt have to.   and I really doubt she will do it.   if she doesnt do it it just means Kyle goes in and hes got a real chance against fessy as long as its not a pure strength elimination. 

54 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

i like how TJ told them to keep it clean.

bitch there is a minimum of $500k on the line here, on what fucking planet do you think these 2 are ever gonna fight fair?

at some point someone is gonna get seriously hurt in hall brawl

I definitely thought Kyle was gonna separate a shoulder

Looks like no twist..staying coupled up for final.  Team CT and Amber B all the way. 

Fuck Leroy/Kam.  They have been shady even before this Kyle thing.  
Getting on my nerves as this new power couple. 

Old Tori/Jordan combo wipes out Kam/Leroy. Even annoying Cara Maria could with whichever dude she is with at the time lol. 

man, a side who played college football vs a guy from country where they don't even play the sport. that was anticlimactic. my guess is that they recycle all of their eliminations to save money for all of the explosions and fireballs and shit. i'd prefer it the other way around.

as for the final, i find it very difficult to handicap.

•Fessy and Kaycee should be the clear favorites, but Fessy is so impossible to work with that it's hard to bet on him. Also i could see him gassing out or failing to eat some nasty shit.

•Leroy has the whole "last hurrah" thing going for him, and Nany can finish a final, but she's not on Kam or Kaycee's level. 

•I always believe in CT's ability to run a final, and Amber B did beat all of the other girls in the race to the math problem. There's no way they can be seen as favorites, however, imo the finals used to be a lot more grueling than they have been in recent years, so maybe they have a chance.

•this leaves me with Corey and Kam, who I suppose would be my slight favorites to win it all. I think that these two have the fewest weaknesses, and are probably the best combo of teammates, again, considering how awful Fessy is to have to work with. 

all i really want to happen is to see Fessy fuck his team in some epic way that he never lives down. that's all i ask for. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Kyle grew ON me too.  He can be a weasel and whiny though. But the house girls seems to love him.  I was hoping he would call out Leroy by telling Cory the plan they shook on. Oh well  probably the top 4 guys made it to the final  

Cory definitely gets the lucky as fuck trophy. Always went into the crater on girl’s elimination weeks and losing partners left at right. Then ending with Kam.    

• Like 1

I am shocked at how fine Kam was with riding with Cory in the final. She didn't want to roll with her literal boyfriend or CT KNOWING Leroy was about to get fucked over when she sacrificed Kyle? Hell she could have thrown the daily to make sure she could get rid of Cory.

56 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Kyle grew ON me too.  He can be a weasel and whiny though. But the house girls seems to love him.  I was hoping he would call out Leroy by telling Cory the plan they shook on. Oh well  probably the top 4 guys made it to the final  

Cory definitely gets the lucky as fuck trophy. Always went into the crater on girl’s elimination weeks and losing partners left at right. Then ending with Kam.    

I assume (like in BB) this was one of a dozen deals made that day and they picked that one to show to build drama.  She was never going to do that.  I was hoping she would and it would be a team elimination finally.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Teryor said:

I am shocked at how fine Kam was with riding with Cory in the final. She didn't want to roll with her literal boyfriend or CT KNOWING Leroy was about to get fucked over when she sacrificed Kyle? Hell she could have thrown the daily to make sure she could get rid of Cory.

Better if they are on different teams so they have better odds of one of them winning.  The $ would be shared between them anyway as a couple back home (ideally).   

I saw last year on social media that Kam/Leeroy announced that they moved to Houston, they posted a pic wearing Rockets gear downtown.

Edited by utxmike05

i know the producers were limited in what they could do this year, no interaction with outsiders, only a few eliminations available, but they really did a bad job of gotcha eliminations.

yeah there were a few double eliminations- but those were forced because the women were dropping like flies at one point.

this season kind of reminded me of the OG challenges like season 15 or so when Mark and that crew would create an alliance of strong players, just sit back watch the weaklings and newbies get blindsided time after time and just coast to the final with zero threats.

when was the last super gotcha elimination round?

i really dont understand why the fuck they didnt do a surprise both team members in the crater elimination battle.

or

my idea last week when it was down to 5 teams, why not have the challenge winners  get the prize of going to the final...and then the other 4 teams have  to compete vs each other.  making 4 people get eliminated- THEN go to the final with 6 people.

that move would have totally fucked up the bullshit alliances (or at least forced each alliance member to win and keep their spot).  that would have added all kinds of drama and MTV could have even "to be continued" one or 2 of those elimination battles.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I didn’t like the rogue player part either. Being completely safe for doing nothing is ridiculous. 

Agreed.  Hence Cory was safe/rogue a lot bc he was always losing partners. Rogue should be able to do something in a challenge. Just handicapped somehow. Also rogues get to vote which is weird. 

Not a fan of the format.  Just so hard to come up w new ideas to make it level playing field for female and males. 

And is it just me or is some of the cast REALLY pushing the whole “this is groundbreaking” having strong females and minority representation in finals.  Nothing against it. But seems like MTV has asked agents to stress this. 

Plenty of Fessy shade in this week’s recap. 

So, let’s count the lies here:

1. “I’ve genuinely enjoyed getting to know each and every one of you.” (Fessy doesn’t genuinely enjoy anyone but himself.)
  2. “I do not think I am better than anyone.” (Fessy definitely thinks he’s better than everyone.)
  3. “I look up to all of you in this room and strive to be like you guys one day.” (See: nos. 1 and 2.)
  4. “Amber B, this has nothing to do with you.” (Fessy spent the entire episode complaining about Amber; he was basically crying about it.)
  5. “I’d be more than OK to run a final with you.” (Again, he was basically crying about it.)

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2021/4/8/22372648/slug-the-challenge-double-agents-episode-17-recap-fessy-kyle-hall-brawl

• Hook 'Em 2

willing to bet that the "blood" being tossed is from a raw animal product, like beef heart or something similar.

in the only eating challenge we had so far in this show only CT, Kaycee and Leroy were the ones who could handle the food.  (although to be fair, Kam made no attempt at all because she was busy solving Leory's math puzzle)

Totally forgot about the Fessy letter lmao.  Listened to the Tori/Aneesa podcast and they ripped him a lil.  He is so awkward. Leeroy and Kam were on the show...they always do a good job of having guests not give spoilers, only recap the last episode.  But Leeroy was pounding his chest on how happy he was with the season up to the final.  Hope he loses.  

Kam was talking about how they wanted to be on separate teams to increase their odds to win. Then she randomly mentioned how its smart bc they have a huge chance to win if the finals is a 4 v 4 format and they are on opposite sides so one of them has to win. hmmm

I could see them have a preliminary final to decide a 4 v 4.  But I guess that means they have to split the 1mil 4 ways instead of 2.   

what a giant, gaping pussy Fessy is. when i saw that the next checkpoint was good, i became doubly upset that Kaycee had hurt her knee, because i knew that Fessy would get to avoid completely pussying out on the eating portion. only Kayce, true badass that she is, gets them to the eating portion in time and just starts digging in. what a G. and at that point, you just *knew* that Fessy was going to use Kaycee as an excuse not to eat. ducking loser. 

sadly, this is what she wanted. she was all too happy to ditch Leroy for bitchass Fessy, and had he not been pushing her so hard then who knows, maybe she doesn't injure herself. nobody deserves to get injured, but anyone who wants to run with Fessy deserves to lose. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 3