MTV's The Challenge, season 36

shadow_operative

Nothing will please me more than this playing out like it looks it will.  Kayce is obviously too injured to finish this, but she isn't going down without a fight.  Gobbling up that nasty shit while Fessy just watches her like the bitch he is.  Please let the reason they don't win be Fessy pussing out on the food and not Kayce's knee.   I feel like Kayce is at a critical junction in her Challenge career.  She can either continue to hitch her wagon to Fessy and become someone nobody likes or cut bait and become the hero we all want.  I've been team Kayce from her BB days, but this association with Fessy has already brought her from a 9.5 on the fan scale to about a 4.5.  One more season of this and she'll be about a 3.  Cara Maria is about a 1.5 for reference on this scale I just made up in my head.  

On the other end of this invented scale is CT and Amber.  I want to live in a world where Amber B is a Challenge champion and Fessy is a dishonorable loser.  I want this so bad.  I want to see her get the sad face if she is paired up with Fessy at any point next season.  Maybe even throw in a comment about hoping for a partner with a history of winning and not quitting.  And the hilarious things CT will have the chance to say to him next season.  Please let me live in this world. 

Nany is the anchor that will prevent Leroy from winning.  Kam and Cory have what it takes to win, but I'm not sure if they can catch CT and Amber.  Either way, as long as it's not Fessy, I'm going to be happy.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

Fessy: i don't think i'm better than anyone 

also Fessy: CT, you and your whole generation sucks, I'm a different breed 

also Fessy: I'm going to use my partner's injury as an excuse for me to not compete...while she continues to compete...while injured.

a different breed indeed.

Yup, glad Leeroy called him "Pussssy".  Fessy wouldn't last a second with the top guys of the old school cast...in any kind of challenge or event. He is not some bad ass machine, he is a big dude but not exactly swole.  CT got that crazy/rage strength + starting to acquire some old man strength these days. 

Poor Kaycee, it could have happened to anyone. Wish it was Fessy instead...dude was calling her name repeatedly like someone calling their dog to come.  I thought it might be here that falls (from last week commercials)...and they foreshadowed with the scene where Kaycee was so hype talking to Fessy about how they will win and she will do anything to win.

• Hook 'Em 1

My pre-final call for CT/Amber is holding up well so far. 

As long as Kam doesn't win I will be happy.

Wish they could have been more creative with that first challenge...really? the color coded canister again? that's the wildest final ideas you got? Hey let's bring back the drone challenge too from this season!

Edited by utxmike05

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

the little respect i had for fessy is gone.  the respect i have for amber has skyrocketed.

She was the MVP of that episode. 

I love how Fessy talked in the confessional/interview about really being concerned for Kaycee, but none of the others were buying it at all. Is there anyone left who will like him after this season?

She was the MVP of that episode. 
I love how Fessy talked in the confessional/interview about really being concerned for Kaycee, but none of the others were buying it at all. Is there anyone left who will like him after this season?

Josh. Kaycee if she doesn’t care about people liking her at all. She’s not interesting enough to make a good villain so if she goes that route, I could see her not being consistently cast and slip into Challenge obscurity.

Amber needs to forget this stupid BB alliance and make new allies. A Challenge championship should grease those wheels and make it a little easier.

Fessy's comments and facial expressions were comical when TJ  gave Amber the chance to switch.

"Oh thats a big decision" (thinking Amber would switch to him)

Then his face is shocked when she sticks with CT.

Then the cherry on top was when he said "I'm going to stick with my girl Kaycee".

Strategically it doesn't make the most sense for CT/Amber to give the food punishment to Fessy/Kaycee but for the laughs it would be great.

obviously the smart move is give the extra food to Kam/Cory.   but I could easily see CT dumping that shit in fessy's lap as a how bout them apples kind of thing.

my only concern is that CT and Amber should be WAAAAYYYY ahead on the timing and shit, but they only seem to deduct the time based on how fast the challenge is completed. 

unless I missed it, they didnt get any time bonus for being first to the checkmark in the first challenge. 

9 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

obviously the smart move is give the extra food to Kam/Cory.   but I could easily see CT dumping that shit in fessy's lap as a how bout them apples kind of thing.

my only concern is that CT and Amber should be WAAAAYYYY ahead on the timing and shit, but they only seem to deduct the time based on how fast the challenge is completed. 

unless I missed it, they didnt get any time bonus for being first to the checkmark in the first challenge. 

yeah, this. CT and Amber have absolutely dominated this thing and should be waaaaaay out ahead of everyone else, but i'm pretty sure the race is still very close, despite said domination. 

12 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Yea I recall CT/Amber's running start to get the key not being that big of a gap.  Yet TJ had stressed how it will be a BIG Advantage to win the first challenge (color coding)..or maybe he meant winning the first day of the final will result in huge advantage for the second day....who knows. 

I hope Fessy writes another letter when he is eliminated. 

On the podcast he was super awkward and at one point he just started flexing on video to Aneesa/Tori and they called him out to stop being weird.

Is today the last episode?? Faack..Wednesdays are gona suck.

I saw online Darrell is wanting to fight Jake Paul douche.  Lot of other Challenge cast (Mark, Wes, others) have been tweeting/posting to encourage it also...tagging Paul and Paramount+.  Darrell has been reposting them on his IG stories.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3359913/the-fight-i-didnt-know-i-needed-the-challenge-legend-darrell-is-calling-out-jake-paul-on-twitter-and-wants-to-be-his-next-fight

https://twitter.com/mtvrrdarrell/status/1384537867393724418?s=20

Edited by utxmike05

38 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Smashley on a dating show.....   I expect a total fucking trainwreck. 

Natalie Negrotti too. Since she came out as pan sexual, maybe they’ll be some girl on girl action. Which would be nice. 

Edited by TonyTexas

also, CT just cemented himself as the GOAT imo. i mean i already had him as the GOAT, but he crushed it this season, and that final was as hardcore as any i can remember. for him and Amber to win every single checkpoint, i think that was the most dominant performance in a Challenge final ever. put some respect on Amber B's name, and bow down before CT the GOAT. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

“Gimme da goof!”

I got tired af watching that final.  Running and puzzles basically.  Dominating victory. CT with the stamina at his age and size. Damn son. 

So glad Kam didn’t get 1st. 

Reunion looks like it should be good for Fessy. Pussy. 

Great season. Guess they dropped a Marvel like teaser at the end for another season coming. 

• Like 2

So this show has been on for years....the cast is typically a mess and have their issues like everyone.  But these days I am thinking some of these cast members are trying to act and create a character other than actually being themselves.  I think Fessy is OK feeding into being this arrogant but "I'm really not arrogant" douche.  They all get paid to be on this show even if they don't win (confirmed by Aneesa on podcast).  So I think production also has a hand in molding them into wannabe actors.  Just like any reality show...you are going to act a little different and extra with a camera on you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I have never seen a bigger Pussy on this show than Fessy. Absolutely unreal how hate able that guy is. Always great to see a CT dub and Amber was built to run a final. Keep her out of the headbangers and just let her run

which further shows why advancing in the game from week to week has basically nothing to do with winning a final.

1 minute ago, utxmike05 said:

So this show has been on for years....the cast is typically a mess and have their issues like everyone.  But these days I am thinking some of these cast members are trying to act and create a character other than actually being themselves.  I think Fessy is OK feeding into being this arrogant but "I'm really not arrogant" douche.  They all get paid to be on this show even if they don't win (confirmed by Aneesa on podcast).  So I think production also has a hand in molding them into wannabe actors.  Just like any reality show...you are going to act a little different and extra with a camera on you.

possibly but they make a lot more off instagram ads than the show pays them, so actully being likable probably helps.

29 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

possibly but they make a lot more off instagram ads than the show pays them, so actully being likable probably helps.

I don’t think they make as much as you might think. Only a couple have > a million followers and most have < 500,000

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, utxmike05 said:

i mean you can easily see how Kyle has molded himself into this MTV Challenge character, and the way that he performs in all of his DRs, making sure he gets a ton of airtime and that his name and face are synonymous with the show. You have Bananas who leaned into the whole villain thing, you have Devin who knows what gets him air time (amping up the douche factor), and you have factions like the Lavender Ladies and the Young Bucks who try to brand themselves as marketable groups, but i don't see any of that from Fessy.

i've watched every minute of every reality show he's done, including live feeds on BB, and i've read way more about him IRL/away from the shows than i care to admit, and i 100% believe that Fessy is just 100% himself all of the time- an arrogant, narcissistic, overly confident douchenozzle with less than zero self awareness. to know Fessy is to loathe Fessy. sucks to suck. but i'm glad he's here for all of us to root against. watching him  fail like this was perhaps the highlight of the entire season.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

and i 100% believe that Fessy is just 100% himself all of the time- an arrogant, narcissistic, overly confident douchenozzle with less than zero self awareness. to know Fessy is to loathe Fessy. sucks to suck. but i'm glad he's here for all of us to root against. watching him  fail like this was perhaps the highlight of the entire season.

Oh I agree...I wasn't trying to say Fessy isn't being himself...but I just think he is embracing it.  We have all seen how being a "villain" can lead to more attention in any spotlight...sports, politics, movies, whatever.  But you have to be the right kind of asshole...I don't think he will be gaining any kind of fans.  He has gone full douce mode.

Can't believe I rooted for him in the last season...

Also the Challenge podcast had TJ on last week...he is funny as hell and had good stories.  But he still talks like a damn extreme sports guy. lol.  "Gnarly, far out, no way". 

Bill Simmons, on his podcast, had an interesting idea for a format. Make CT and Bananas captains and have them choose their teams. It could be a schoolyard pick but he suggested an additional layer by having them recruit their teammates from the universe of former cast members. CT and Bananas, as captains, would have a bye into the finals. 

I like Kaycee, I just hate the bullshit BB alliance.  She earned her stripes the last 2 seasons, she got injured this year becase Fessy was being a cocksucker. 

if she can just move beyond the BB boatanchors i think she could be a long term factor.

She could help replace Anissa as the lesbian woman of color.... except actually be fucking good at the game. 

https://old.reddit.com/r/MtvChallenge/comments/mouesu/official_cast_list_for_szn_37_sequester_final_cast/

Just going to rip the bandaid off for some of you for the next season, no spoilers in the link, I'll just put this in spoilers in case people want to be surprised by the cast but

Spoiler

Man does it suck that basically all the veteran types are the exact same (Darrell, Aneesa 🤢 , CT, Cory, and Nany while the Big Brother alliance is all coming back. Is there nobody we could get that hasn't been on for a couple seasons+ to spice things up at all?

• Like 1

Was that the Fessy show?  wtf...see MTV is trying to mold him into the future Bananas, but unlikable.

it is cringeworthy when he talks...it's like he gets nervous and starts trying to say cool words/jokes/phrases that just don't land right.

Turn down Nany's teeth please.  Looked great on my OLED 4K TV, but hurt my eyes.