Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: Shaka Edition

cdain3

4 hours ago, Henry Hill said:

Just saw that McClung from Georgetown is withdrawing from the draft and entering the transfer portal. Any chance of/room for landing him?

Virtually none, and frankly I don't know if having an inefficient/though talented possession eater is a good/bad thing in Shaka's non-existent offense 

5 hours ago, Teryor said:

Virtually none, and frankly I don't know if having an inefficient/though talented possession eater is a good/bad thing in Shaka's non-existent offense 

Well, he doesn't shoot the 3 particularly well, but he also doesn't let that stop him. Would be a good fit in Shaka's offense.

• Like 1

Crystal Ball: Big time prospect leaning to Big XII?

VIP ByBRIAN SNOW 2 hours ago

0 Comments

One of the more intriguing interior prospects in the class of 2021 is Daimion Collins. Hailing from small town Atlanta, Texas, Collins has been, and continues to be, at the center of a very intense recruiting battle.

Schools such as Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma State and others are all extremely interested in the 6-foot-9 long armed shot blocker with impressive athleticism.

Collins is thin, and will need to add weight in college, but he has such a high upside in his game, that he is seen as one of the prospects with the most long term potential to help a college basketball program.

Given that his recruitment is so intense, and due to the fact that visits will need to be taken, nothing seems imminent in terms of a decision, but according to sources close to the situation one school might have a leg up here.

It sounds like the Texas Longhorns are currently positioned fairly well in this battle. While Austin isn’t exactly down the road from Atlanta, it is close enough, and the Longhorns are said to be tracking well.

As one source told 247Sports, “One thing Texas has done very well with in-state recruiting, is not losing a kid when they have an advantage, and they have the advantage.”

Publicly, Collins hasn’t favored any school, or group of schools, but behind the scenes talk lately has buzzed around Texas and because of that I am entering a Crystal Ball pick for the Longhorns.

There is definitely still work to be done here, and this doesn’t sound like it will be a short recruitment, right now there is reason to think that Collins will be staying in-state to play his college basketball.

35bb48dbf7bb031604225930cc2e8a62.jpg

If this could really unravel after Shaka wastes a year with GB3, that'd be great...

https://sports.yahoo.com/document-bobby-hurley-accuses-asu-ad-of-disturbing-behavior-in-booster-controversy-042250305.html

Hurley goes on to accuse Anderson of coming up with a numeric scale in which he judged the harassment claims by the three women, one of whom is Hurley’s wife, Leslie. Hurley asks Anderson how he’d feel if his wife and daughter were in a similar situation. “Maybe in your words, the sexual assault committed by (redacted) was a 2 or a 3, but if this had happened to Buffie or Kimmy, would it still be a level 2 or 3?” Hurley wrote in the email. He added: “You have chosen to create your own numeric scale on what sexual assault mean(s) which is disturbing.”

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, winslow said:

none of those players even remotely resemble a d1 basketball player physically.........kj adams should not be a 5*

KJ is a 4-star.

But also that's two 4 stars and a 5 star - We clown on the ranking services a lot, but those are clearly P5 level dudes.

1 hour ago, winslow said:

none of those players even remotely resemble a d1 basketball player physically.........kj adams should not be a 5*

KJ Adams is a physical freak who looks like an NFL football player with a teenager's face. he also trains like a professional and is only getting bigger. if he comes to Texas he will be the most physically ready player we've signed in years. you could not be more uninformed here.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

KJ Adams is a physical freak who looks like an NFL football player with a teenager's face. he also trains like a professional and is only getting bigger. if he comes to Texas he will be the most physically ready player we've signed in years. you could not be more uninformed here.

Stop teasing and deliver the kid already.

got to see some film yesterday of KJ running games at BTY Basketball with some college guys and from what i hear a couple of former college guys who are currently playing in Europe. Royce Hamm was on the opposing team from KJ for at least one of the games and had a huge putback dunk. As for KJ, his summer work is clearly paying off. he looked more explosive and nimble than he ever has, and he more than held his own throughout, including hitting a game winner at one point. Brock was also there and involved, so as far as our recruitment of KJ goes its good that he's getting to know more and more of our guys up close an personal. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

got to see some film yesterday of KJ running games at BTY Basketball with some college guys and from what i hear a couple of former college guys who are currently playing in Europe. Royce Hamm was on the opposing team from KJ for at least one of the games and had a huge putback dunk. As for KJ, his summer work is clearly paying off. he looked more explosive and nimble than he ever has, and he more than held his own throughout, including hitting a game winner at one point. Brock was also there and involved, so as far as our recruitment of KJ goes its good that he's getting to know more and more of our guys up close an personal. 

were you also at the school yesterday? i saw the same film that putback dunk was ok not huge

• Fuck You 4

32 minutes ago, winslow said:

were you also at the school yesterday? i saw the same film that putback dunk was ok not huge

a)way to dodge the whole "KJ Adams does not remotely resemble a D-1 basketball player" thing, and B)this leans a lot more towards "huge" than it does "ok":

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

also, you're shitting on UT recruits as well as UT players in both an unnecessary and uneducated fashion. you're not doing a very good job at convincing anyone that you give a shit about UT athletics.

bruh stop my cousin is a top rated sophomore on the football team & i have talked to multiple ut basketball players this year 

• Fuck You 9

5 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

also, you're shitting on UT recruits as well as UT players in both an unnecessary and uneducated fashion. you're not doing a very good job at convincing anyone that you give a shit about UT athletics.

I don't think KJ is going to be very good in college. I'd peg him as a likely transfer candidate at this point. Yes, at this point, a year before he ever has even a chance to play at Texas. I've seen him a lot, and I don't think he has what it takes to be the starting PF at any school with legit title hopes.
He has okay size, okay strength, and okay mobility. He's a very good HS PF who plays for a state powerhouse that has a long like of very good HS PFs. He wins a lot, he has the right attitude, I don't have anything bad to say about him as a person, I just don't see "future University of Texas PF” when I watch him, especially at AAU Camps. He did not look very impressive in drills, and his lack of zip on the ball showed. In my opinion he's a PF who will max out in HS, or at a smaller school; one that doesn't strive to win a national title.

I think he'll redshirt next year when Hepa is the unquestioned sophomore starter, and I don't see him deciding to hang around two more seasons as a bench rider, just to hopefully battle for the job with whomever else we have at PF at the time. I'd expect him to transfer out and get PT somewhere else.

Edited by Irieguy
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

i get it, but would be funnier if the stuff i said about Sam a)wasn't true, and b)applied to KJ.

Winslow is just expressing his opinion and people shouldn’t overreact. That’s how the recruiting board is supposed to work according to you, right?

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Winslow is just expressing his opinion and people shouldn’t overreact. That’s how the recruiting board is supposed to work according to you, right?

he's not expressing his opinion, he's saying uninformed, factually incorrect crap and getting called on it. the two situations are not analogous. pointing out the fact that Sam had a mediocre showing at the Elite 11 camp (a fact), or that he didn't have a ton of zip on his passes (fact), and saying that KJ Adams doesn't remotely resemble a D-1 hooper physically (he's a physically gifted kid with a more developed body than many current major D-1 players) are not the same. winslow also insinuated that KJ was a 5 star, which again, is factually wrong. big time difference in giving an opinion and just spouting a bunch of irrefutably false nonsense.

i know that some of you people just can't help yourselves but to try and pick fights w me, but you're gonna have to come with something better than that. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2

oops, i was wrong. Sam wasn't mediocre at the Elite 11, he ended up ranking 12th (dead last) among the QBs invited to the camp:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2648827-elite-11-2016-power-ranking-this-years-finalists.amp.html

you girls all lost your minds because i pointed out factual information about Westlake's golden boy five years ago and you still aren't over it. grow up. 

edit: also, the reason that i gave for thinking that Sam would transfer was that Shane Buechele at that time appeared to be in line to be starting at Texas for Sam's first three years on campus. just went and looked it up, and Buechele was a standout at the 2015 Elite 11 ("The 6'2", 185 lb passer sat atop the Elite 11 rankings during a majority of the action in Oregon"- that's a direct quote, google it) who appeared to be entrenched as our starter. 

every time one of you guys tries to do this you only end up proving that it's you who are childish and combative. my thoughts on Sam were based on facts with the receipts to back it up. the *only* two reasons it because such a big deal is because 1)he's from Westlake and 2)he was committed to Texas. grow up, and stop these little games that only serve to prove the exact opposite of what you think they do. 

Edited by Goo Punch

9 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

he's not expressing his opinion, he's saying uninformed, factually incorrect crap and getting called on it. the two situations are not analogous. pointing out the fact that Sam had a mediocre showing at the Elite 11 camp (a fact), or that he didn't have a ton of zip on his passes (fact), and saying that KJ Adams doesn't remotely resemble a D-1 hooper physically (he's a physically gifted kid with a more developed body than many current major D-1 players) are not the same. winslow also insinuated that KJ was a 5 star, which again, is factually wrong. big time difference in giving an opinion and just spouting a bunch of irrefutably false nonsense.

i know that some of you people just can't help yourselves but to try and pick fights w me, but you're gonna have to come with something better than that. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

oops, i was wrong. Sam wasn't mediocre at the Elite 11, he ended up ranking 12th (dead last) among the QBs invited to the camp:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2648827-elite-11-2016-power-ranking-this-years-finalists.amp.html

you girls all lost your minds because i pointed out factual information about Westlake's golden boy five years ago and you still aren't over it. grow up. 

Oh I guess if Bleacher Report said it, it must be true. How did the Onion rank him? When do you think Sam is transferring?  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

9 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Oh I guess if Bleacher Report said it, it must be true. How did the Onion rank him? When do you think Sam is transferring?  

are you seriously still in here talking? hey idiot, they keep stats at the Elite 11, and they have real-time rankings and scores for each competitor. there's an actual leaderboard, and at the end they even give out awards. it's not an objective event, they actually keep score.

every post you make is making you look like a jaded, childish, ass. please stop posting. 

Edited by Goo Punch

4 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

are you seriously still in here talking? 

Yes. Now go google some more bleacher report articles. I’m shocked that a Penn State blogger(your post) had a Penn State commit ranked above Sam. Performance at Elite 11 is subjective. When do you think Sam enters the transfer portal?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1