Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: Shaka Edition

cdain3

@Goo Punch Derka, I know you get upset when people have differing opinions. But is it ok if KJ Adams has a differing opinion? Because here is what he said. 
"Last year, I was torn and my body was aching. I think my body was ... not giving up, but it was really tight," he said.

And here is what his trainer said,

"His muscles have grown so much and he's grown so big in such a short amount of time that we had to really condition his tissue. It was really, really tight and it didn't want to move," Vaiana said.

They are saying his body isn’t ready.  The muscles look good in a YouTube clip but they are popcorn muscles.  He’s not physically ready.  That’s him and his trainer saying that.  Not me.  
To repeat  “IT DIDNT WANT TO MOVE”  That is not a body that is ready. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kvue.com/amp/article/sports/high-school/hs-basketball/four-star-adams-working-with-former-ehlinger-trainer-during-offseason/269-607eea6c-ccce-4b07-8379-8b068720421f

Edited by Irieguy
  • Fuck You 2

you literally just reposted something that i posted in this thread two days ago. and that quote was referring to his sophomore year, *before* he started training with Todd Wright protege Jessica Vaiana, the same woman who personally trains...Sam Ehlinger. In the video at the link you just posted (er, reposted), they show a side by side picture of KJ as a sophomore, when his body "didn't want to move", and then as a junior, when his body had made a drastic transformation, one which continues to this day. 

KJ is one of the 5-10 most physically ready players in his entire class. You are embarrassing yourself with every post you make, each of which is an indictment on the Westlake education that you seemingly received. Your need to fight me over a fact-based opinion from 4-5 years ago is pathetic, and you should really stop now before embarrassing yourself any further. Please and thank you. 

• Like 1

KJ Adams is such an athletic freak and so physically developed that he’s not listed in the top 60 NBA prospects for his class, despite the NBA drafting on potential and physical gifts. 🤔 

Look, you might be right that’s he ready. You might not. It’s subjective and you aren’t the final judge of what’s debatable. 

2 hours ago, Irieguy said:

KJ Adams is such an athletic freak and so physically developed that he’s not listed in the top 60 NBA prospects for his class, despite the NBA drafting on potential and physical gifts. 🤔 

Look, you might be right that’s he ready. You might not. It’s subjective and you aren’t the final judge of what’s debatable. 

First off, we aren't discussing whether or not he's an NBA prospect, we're discussing the idea that KJ Adams "does not remotely resemble a D-1 basketball player physically." (lol) That's an entirely different discussion. To wit, Chet Holmgren, one of the top NBA prospects from the c/o 2021, actually *doesn't* look like a D-1 basketball player physically, as he is 7 feet tall and 180 lbs. He looks like a gust of wind could knock him over. Your argument here is tangential and pointless.

Second, KJ being physically ready for D-1 basketball isn't debatable. His size/strength combo and his physicality are his calling cards. It's what he's known for. Find any highlight reel of him and the thing that stands out is how much more physically developed he is than everyone around him. That's why Winslow got neg bombed for trying to say otherwise. KJ Adams' physical readiness for D-1 ball (which again is 330+ teams) is not up for debate. at all. you can keep charging the windmill all you want, but that's never going to change. 

12 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

he was talking about Winslow, not Irie. that said, Irie getting crowd sourced wouldn't be such a bad thing.

bruh irie is destroying you.......btw i will drop this gem for u bruh texas has a silent commit from 1 player in the pic posted..........kj adams will not be a star at texas he will be a 4 year player......ur evaluations dont count because u missed on allen & turner badly 

• Fuck You 9

5 minutes ago, winslow said:

bruh irie is destroying you.......btw i will drop this gem for u bruh texas has a silent commit from 1 player in the pic posted..........kj adams will not be a star at texas he will be a 4 year player......ur evaluations dont count because u missed on allen & turner badly 

Actually Derka is probably right about KJ. But his posturing as the authority on what is and isn’t debatable is asinine. Especially considering Derka’s past failures in recruit evaluations. Basketball and football. 

1 hour ago, winslow said:

i didn't say anything about Turner, and I actually  did more research with more receipts on Allen as a prep player than the rest of the shag combined, which led to me accurately assessing that he was not going to be some All American beast at Texas. he played exactly as I said he would for the first couple months of the season when he was dreadful during non conference play. to his credit he did turn it on and went on to have a much better conference season individually, but his impact on the court and the program were both negligible.

ive never been into this competition stuff that so many you have going on. i give my opinions on recruits and i back them up with solid reasons and receipts. whenever what i have to say is unpopular some people choose to freak out over it and then spend years stewing over it. i just wish that you guys would get half as amped up about researching players and adding to the conversation as you do basing me around harassing me about something i said 4-8 years ago. 

1 hour ago, winslow said:

A)there's every chance KJ doesn't even attend Texas

B)when did I ever say that he would be a star at the next level?

C)My track record speaks for itself, with the latest evidence being this thread.

I have no problems giving my opinion when I have one. Sometimes i'm right (Allen), sometimes I'm wrong (Ehlinger). But that's the thing about this whole "not remotely physically ready for college hoops" thing- there is no room for opinion here, only facts. KJ is one of the more physically developed players in Texas and for that matter the country. His physical body is the one thing that is not up for debate. It would be like going back to 2004 and saying, "AJ Abrams can't shoot well enough to play D-1" ball. There's no debate; you're simply wrong. 

1 hour ago, Irieguy said:

Actually Derka is probably right about KJ. But his posturing as the authority on what is and isn’t debatable is asinine. Especially considering Derka’s past failures in recruit evaluations. Basketball and football. 

"posturing on what is and isn't debatable". nope. just stating facts about one specific topic.

"Derka's past failures in recruit evaluations."

I've been on HF/Shaggy/Surly since 2002, and you can name exactly one football recruit who I was wrong about (Sam), and one basketball recruit who you mistakenly think i was wrong about when in reality i was spot on about Jarrett Allen. i typed out a few thousand words on him, TS12 spam posted one idiotic thing i said during a rage episode, and that's all anyone remembers. but again, i have receipts.

finally, this isn't even a conversation about projecting  what someone will do at the next level, but how physically developed they are right now. And there's no debate about that. There's just right and wrong. And you're wrong. 

4 hours ago, randygilman said:

Educate an idiot: would Langston Love or KJ Adams preclude the other from a spot in the 21 class should one of them commit

i really don't know anything about Love, but I do know that playing time is important to KJ, so if they would be potentially taking playing time from one another then i would imagine that it would effect the recruitment of whichever guy didn't accept a Texas offer first. 

57 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

According to MaxPreps, Itejere averaged 9.8 points and 4.5 rebounds per game this season.

The only thing Shaka has been consistently good at is finding under recruited, super athletic bigs. This guy seems right in line with guys like Jaxon Hayes and Kai Jones. 

25 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

The only thing Shaka has been consistently good at is finding under recruited, super athletic bigs. This guy seems right in line with guys like Jaxon Hayes and Kai Jones. 

Not sure Hayes or Jones were really "under recruited". Jones had offers from Baylor, Florida State, Arizona, Syracuse and Georgetown. Hayes had offers from Kentucky, Xavier, Butler, Illinois and Georgetown. Maybe Hayes more than Jones. 

But Hayes and Jones were both guys that blew up during the summer circuit heading into their SR years. I'm betting that's why Texas pushed for a commitment here. They likely knew other offers were about to roll in for Itejre after seeing him on the summer circuit. 6'10 guys that can move don't grow on trees.

Looks like he's had a growth spurt recently similar to Jaxson Hayes. Hayes went from 6'7 to 6'10 in his JR to SR year in HS. That's why these summer camps are so important. 

Edited by texasstrong12

14 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Not sure Hayes or Jones were really "under recruited". Jones had offers from Baylor, Florida State, Arizona, Syracuse and Georgetown. Hayes had offers from Kentucky, Xavier, Butler, Illinois and Georgetown. Maybe Hayes more than Jones. 

But Hayes and Jones were both guys that blew up during the summer circuit heading into their SR years. I'm betting that's why Texas pushed for a commitment here. They likely knew other offers were about to roll in for Itejre after seeing him on the summer circuit. 6'10 guys that can move don't grow on trees.

Looks like he's had a growth spurt recently similar to Jaxson Hayes. Hayes went from 6'7 to 6'10 in his JR to SR year in HS. That's why these summer camps are so important. 

At the time of their commitments Jones and Hayes certainly werent under recruited, but they were when Shaka first made them targets. 

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

At the time of their commitments Jones and Hayes certainly werent under recruited, but they were when Shaka first made them targets. 

For sure, very similar to Itejere. Based on what I've seen Itijere was 6'7 to 6'8 his Sophomore year in HS. 

2 to 3 inches is pretty substantial (much like it was with Hayes). It will be interesting to see who offers but probably wise that Texas pushed for a commitment before he blew up. Sounds like he's definitely going to get some bigger offers based on how he's looked on the summer circuit. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, winslow said:

i told everyone in this thread texas had a silent commit.......fucc boi @Goo Punch better put some respekt on my name.......i have legit connections to the team not made up ish like him

I gotta say, this is a first. normally when someone changes a word like "fuck" to "fucc" it is done to show their affiliation with some sort of crip set/blue set. but then to actually remove and replace the letter "c" from another word in the very same sentence? now that's hard core. that's Daryl Philbin style gang banging. Bloods, Crips, Latin Kings, Warriors, Newsies...man, the things you must have seen OG Triple OG. Rezzpecckkktttt.

Edited by Goo Punch

another photo of the guy who, "physically speaking, doesn't remotely resemble a D-1 basketball player":

5720e513a7cc1e268c8889df2e7bbd00.jpg

Hilarious. I mean KJ might seriously already have more muscle mass/strength in his legs than any player on our current roster (which is full of upperclassmen), but apparently he's miles away from being physically ready to play basketball in the SWAC. yeah, good call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

another photo of the guy who, "physically speaking, doesn't remotely resemble a D-1 basketball player":

5720e513a7cc1e268c8889df2e7bbd00.jpg

Hilarious. I mean KJ might seriously already have more muscle mass/strength in his legs than any player on our current roster (which is full of upperclassmen), but apparently he's miles away from being physically ready to play basketball in the SWAC. yeah, good call. emoji1362.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude looks like grandmama 2.0

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

great comparison, I've said the exact same thing. 

what a bytch......keep playing with me i will have kj block you on all social media & have ur fucc boi azz removed from any sporting event he is featured in.........

• Fuck You 21

25 minutes ago, winslow said:

what a bytch......keep playing with me i will have kj block you on all social media & have ur fucc boi azz removed from any sporting event he is featured in.........

so let me get this straight- you've come into this thread trashing  UT's 2021 recruits, including KJ Adams, yet now are implying that you have some sort of pull with him? i'm the guy actually standing up for KJ here, and you're somehow going to get him to block me on social media because of it? interesting strategy; let me know how that works out. 

bruh dont fuccing test me bruh......my aunt is the legal guardian of a highly rated 5* sophomore on the football team.........the coaches will bend over backwards to keep him happy & the players respect him..........he respects me if i tell him to shut it down the entire team will follow him.........u & [mention=922]Goo Punch[/mention] have 1 week to make amends or i am giving my cousin the green light to announce the boycott..........
.giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7acdfb53134f6ed440ba6d68fe93e73133fe5bae2&rid=giphy.gif
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, winslow said:

bruh dont fuccing test me bruh......my aunt is the legal guardian of a highly rated 5* sophomore on the football team.........the coaches will bend over backwards to keep him happy & the players respect him..........he respects me if i tell him to shut it down the entire team will follow him.........u & @Goo Punch have 1 week to make amends or i am giving my cousin the green light to announce the boycott..........

dead serious- if this is a bit it is fucking hilarious. please take all of my neg rep as pos rep if this is the case. 

at the same time i really hope that you're being completely serious with everything you've said in this thread. i'll go ahead and tell you right now that i don't need a week. you will get no amend making from me. tell your cousin that the boycott is a go. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1