Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: Shaka Edition

cdain3

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

at the same time i really hope that you're being completely serious with everything you've said in this thread. i'll go ahead and tell you right now that i don't need a week. you will get no amend making from me. tell your cousin that the boycott is a go. 

stahp it bruh 

• Fuck You 12

25 minutes ago, Rholl said:

Ima little drunk so someone help me out.... Winslow mad @Goo Punch so Winslow is calling on the boycott...... or to have Goo removed from any basketball game???  Or both?????

no, he said (and this is not a joke), that if i don't stop replying to his posts that he will get the entire UT football team to boycott their season. that's literally what he threatened me with if i don't stop "playing with him", whatever that means. i'm really looking forward to Ehlinger and Sterns announcing on twitter that the entire UT football team will be boycotting the upcoming season because the nephew of a woman who is the legal guardian to a sophomore football player told them to do so because goo punch was arguing with him on surlyhorns. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Haha 1

Horns 247 / Nick Harris / New Texas Crystal Ball prediction for 2021 five-star center

https://247sports.com/Player/Daimion-Collins-46083516/

Spoiler

New Texas Crystal Ball prediction for 2021 five-star center

NickHarris15

The 2021 hoops class for Texas is beginning to develop.

After landing their first commit of the cycle earlier this month with Raleigh (N.C.) power forward Keeyan Itejere, the Longhorns are looking for the big splash that can help shape this class into one of Shaka Smart's best since arriving in Austin.

I have entered a crystal ball prediction with a confidence score of 7 in favor of Texas for Atlanta (Texas) five-star center Daimion Collins.

Collins is easily one of Texas' top remaining targets in the 2021 class as Smart will look to land a five-star recruit for the second consecutive year after landing five-star local Austin product Greg Brown III in the 2020 class.

The Atlanta big-man has begun to develop relationships with a number of current players, including Brown, and assistant coach Jai Lucas. Collins' family hopes to keep him close to home and Texas will be able to serve that purpose. Smart has been developing a relationship with Collins for an extended period of time and more so since offering back in April.

While a decision may or may not come soon, I feel confident in Texas' chances to land Collins after positive feedback from sources close to the five-star.

The 2021 recruiting class for Texas basketball is expected to be an unusually large one with anywhere from five to eight spots up for grabs. After losing out on four-star shooting guard Casey Simmons to Northwestern and missing on five-star center Chet Holmgren's top seven this past week, this should serve as a bit of good news for Texas fans as the Longhorns will look to re-evaluate their board going into the summer to fill the other open spots.

Brian Snow (staff) in the comments ... 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ffada1cdc250060235f178becd0e184f.png

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Getafix said:

Horns 247 / Nick Harris / New Texas Crystal Ball prediction for 2021 five-star center

https://247sports.com/Player/Daimion-Collins-46083516/

Hide contents

New Texas Crystal Ball prediction for 2021 five-star center

NickHarris15

The 2021 hoops class for Texas is beginning to develop.

After landing their first commit of the cycle earlier this month with Raleigh (N.C.) power forward Keeyan Itejere, the Longhorns are looking for the big splash that can help shape this class into one of Shaka Smart's best since arriving in Austin.

I have entered a crystal ball prediction with a confidence score of 7 in favor of Texas for Atlanta (Texas) five-star center Daimion Collins.

Collins is easily one of Texas' top remaining targets in the 2021 class as Smart will look to land a five-star recruit for the second consecutive year after landing five-star local Austin product Greg Brown III in the 2020 class.

The Atlanta big-man has begun to develop relationships with a number of current players, including Brown, and assistant coach Jai Lucas. Collins' family hopes to keep him close to home and Texas will be able to serve that purpose. Smart has been developing a relationship with Collins for an extended period of time and more so since offering back in April.

While a decision may or may not come soon, I feel confident in Texas' chances to land Collins after positive feedback from sources close to the five-star.

The 2021 recruiting class for Texas basketball is expected to be an unusually large one with anywhere from five to eight spots up for grabs. After losing out on four-star shooting guard Casey Simmons to Northwestern and missing on five-star center Chet Holmgren's top seven this past week, this should serve as a bit of good news for Texas fans as the Longhorns will look to re-evaluate their board going into the summer to fill the other open spots.

Brian Snow (staff) in the comments ... 

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.ffada1cdc250060235f178becd0e184f.png

On 6/20/2020 at 1:38 PM, winslow said:

bruh irie is destroying you.......btw i will drop this gem for u bruh texas has a silent commit from 1 player in the pic posted..........kj adams will not be a star at texas he will be a 4 year player......ur evaluations dont count because u missed on allen & turner badly 

long time lurker first time poster. the poster everyone thought was a troll was right about the silent in the pic? :oo.OO.o

• Fuck You 2

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

A dude I believe we'd been chasing pretty hard:

https://247sports.com/Player/Langston-Love-46058444/

I guess being #1 in the country for a number of weeks really helps with recruiting.

I wonder if Shaka’s ever considered having teams that are actually good at playing basketball as a way to improve his recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, texifornia said:

I don't follow basketball recruiting like football recruiting, but following your link, David Joplin's tape looks okay - decent ball handling, good athleticism, shoots from too low or is too slow getting it off so I think he will have a problem getting his shot off at the next level. On the same page, there were highlights of AJ Casey from Chicago. That dude looks like he will be a player.

22 hours ago, lazygringo said:

I'm pretty damn excited for this kid actually. He has nice size. I like his build. If you watch his games, he flashes some pretty damn good athleticism and tenacity (on both ends of the floor). 

he sounds like 95% of the guys Shaka recruits- a late bloomer, lowly ranked/unranked but rising, more of an athlete than a basketball player, he can't shoot, he looks to be a 4 year project type of guy if he's going to reach his potential, except that if Shaka is correct in his assessment of this kid's potential, then he'll be here for 1-2 underwhelming years before being taken in the top 15 of the NBA draft after winning nothing at Texas. nothing personal to the kid, but i'm kind of sick of recruiting kids like him. oh well. we do need as many commits as we can get, but i'm just tired of recruiting "projects" who don't even stick around long enough to have any worthwhile impact on the program. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

he sounds like 95% of the guys Shaka recruits- a late bloomer, lowly ranked/unranked but rising, more of an athlete than a basketball player, he can't shoot, he looks to be a 4 year project type of guy if he's going to reach his potential, except that if Shaka is correct in his assessment of this kid's potential, then he'll be here for 1-2 underwhelming years before being taken in the top 15 of the NBA draft after winning nothing at Texas. nothing personal to the kid, but i'm kind of sick of recruiting kids like him. oh well. we do need as many commits as we can get, but i'm just tired of recruiting "projects" who don't even stick around long enough to have any worthwhile impact on the program. 

fucking this ugh smh