Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: Shaka Edition

cdain3

u can thank that fucc boi for this info i just received 

Spoiler

i called my cousin to ask a couple questions because goo punch was being  a fucc boi

joplin is committed that makes 2 silents he will make his official very soon 

btw my fam will be 100 percent full pads next week 

Edited by hornfromdallas
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

35 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

the moment collins committed shaka started working on joplin & stopped his adams pitch 

shaka liked joplin better i dont know whats so hard about comprehending this 

joplin has a midrange shot & can shoot 3's adams can not 

Joplin has offers from Wisconsin, Ohio State, Marquette, Iowa, and Butler. All good programs. I can get why people would question the Itejere and Ellis takes based on the offer list but Joplin is far from a bad take. 

Joplin is going to end up a composite 100ish type very similar to Adams. Even if you think Adams was a take it's not like they're replacing a 5 star with a random 3 star that nobody has heard of before. Joplin has been one of the most talked about names on the summer circuit. 

Edited by texasstrong12

2 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Goddamnit the recruiting thread used to be a place Derka didn’t dwell

yeah, i'm what's bad about this thread, and not these weirdo "fucc bois" who keep angrily threatening everyone who disagrees with them and bragging about how their cousin is friends with some players. jesus. 

edit- oh and a great addition to the thread on your part. self awareness is clearly your strong suit. 

Edited by shadow_operative

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

yeah, i'm what's bad about this thread, and not these weirdo "fucc bois" who keep angrily threatening everyone who disagrees with them and bragging about how their cousin is friends with some players. jesus. 

edit- oh and a great addition to the thread on your part. self awareness is clearly your strong suit. 

“Angrily threatening anyone that disagrees with them”.......goes on to lecture about self-awareness........that’s so you. It’s cute. 

"doesn't think KJ is very good", lmao. quick, someone tell Chris Beard or Bill Self to hire this guy's friend! i mean they, along with every other coach and recruiting service in the country thought that KJ >>> Brock, but hey, your friend is tapped into the Austin basketball scene!

it's so funny how there wasn't a negative word said about KJ, nor a single thing about how Texas didn't want him, until after he chose to go to Kansas. the truth is that KJ's game and physical attributes have all clearly improved over the last year, only KJ isn't 6'9" or 6'10" like people projected him to be at this stage, so he's dropped in the rankings. thats it. his play for both his AAU and HS teams speaks for itself- he's the best player/alpha dog on Team Griffin, which has a ton of D-1 talent on it, including Damion Collins, who we all still like/want to come to Texas- that is, unless he commits to OU, in which case he sucks and we never wanted him anyway, right?

the tape, the stats, the W/L record, the work ethic, the physique, the fact that he led a team of short white kids who will never play ball after HS to a 33-2 record last year- anyone who thinks that he's "not very good" shouldn't be taken seriously, even if he's your friend. 

also, as for these hyper aggressive Dallas guys who keep bragging about their connections, let's run down what we have here:

you have a cousin, who is friends with some players on the team, and apparently you think that Shaka and staff keep all of their players totally tuned in to the program's recruiting comings and goings. those players then get in touch w your cousin, who then tells you what's what, so that you can come here and tell all of us what's what. yup, sounds super plausible and air tight.

meanwhile all i have is dozens of lifelong, first hand connections to the program, including countless current and former players, coaches, SID's, AD's, pxp guys, you name it, as well as a relationship with the player in question, PLUS, a metric shot ton of circumstantial evidence (you know, like KU, BU, TTU, Rick Pitino, etc all trying to sign KJ) which all points towards KJ spurning Texas, and not the other way around. hmm, tough call on what to believe here. could go either way.

• Fuck You 1

Guys, the all time assists per game leader playing at least 200 games for the Spurs would have been a 2 star if there were ratings back then. There are plenty of under the radar kids that once they get good coaching  and in a good strength program can blow up big time. Its not always about how many stars and what offers a young man has. 

Some kids mature faster than others and a good coach can spot those kids. Let see what some of these kids do once they get on campus.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Guys, the all time assists per game leader playing at least 200 games for the Spurs would have been a 2 star if there were ratings back then. There are plenty of under the radar kids that once they get good coaching  and in a good strength program can blow up big time. Its not always about how many stars and what offers a young man has. 

Some kids mature faster than others and a good coach can spot those kids. Let see what some of these kids do once they get on campus.

I hear ya, Doc, but let's not compare Shaka to Abe.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

I was referring to the fact that as long as Abe has been gone, he still knows more than you. BTW, just because you know peolpe doesn't mean that you have a clue about hoops.

which is why i don't go around crowing about how my cousin is super connected with the players on the team. in fact that was the exact point i was making after dallasguy played the "my cousin" card for the tenth time; i know people too, but constantly running my mouth about it won't make anything i say carry more weight, especially if all i'm ever doing is insulting and attacking every "fucc boi" (using this unironically is really something else) who has a different opinion.

state your opinion; back it up as best as you can with stats, facts, and empirical data; enjoy the discussion, and don't take it too seriously. we're literally talking about where a bunch of kids might go play school in the future. it's not that big of a deal. 

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

also, as for these hyper aggressive Dallas guys who keep bragging about their connections, let's run down what we have here:

you have a cousin, who is friends with some players on the team, and apparently you think that Shaka and staff keep all of their players totally tuned in to the program's recruiting comings and goings. those players then get in touch w your cousin, who then tells you what's what, so that you can come here and tell all of us what's what. yup, sounds super plausible and air tight.

meanwhile all i have is dozens of lifelong, first hand connections to the program, including countless current and former players, coaches, SID's, AD's, pxp guys, you name it, as well as a relationship with the player in question, PLUS, a metric shot ton of circumstantial evidence (you know, like KU, BU, TTU, Rick Pitino, etc all trying to sign KJ) which all points towards KJ spurning Texas, and not the other way around. hmm, tough call on what to believe here. could go either way.

my cousin is a fooking starter on the football team his best friend is on the fooking basketball team 

he has first hand knowledge of the recruiting so stop being a fooking opp

face the fact fucc boi the kid u pedaled for 3 fooking years texas stopped recruiting 

i asked my fam about you  you dont have connections your just a stan who people try to avoid 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

which is why i don't go around crowing about how my cousin is super connected with the players on the team. in fact that was the exact point i was making after dallasguy played the "my cousin" card for the tenth time; i know people too, but constantly running my mouth about it won't make anything i say carry more weight, especially if all i'm ever doing is insulting and attacking every "fucc boi" (using this unironically is really something else) who has a different opinion.

state your opinion; back it up as best as you can with stats, facts, and empirical data; enjoy the discussion, and don't take it too seriously. we're literally talking about where a bunch of kids might go play school in the future. it's not that big of a deal. 

All that you have been doing since you started posting here is crowing about all the players you know, etc. You even did so earlier today. Big deal. That doesn't mean crap. I was friends with Dr Cooley but that doesn't mean I know heart surgery. I know more players than you do and you know what I call them? I call them fellow teammates. And as far as stating an opinion, you have yet to learn that your opinion isn't a fact and that a differing of an opinion from yours doesn't mean that the other poster is wrong. Maybe you'll figure that out one day. And btw, I am about 90% sure that I know who your Dad is and if I am right, your Dad had interviewed me when he was a member of the Austin sports media. 

4 hours ago, realgreggym said:

How do you know that. Were you at practice every day? If I remember, Abe didn't start coaching Junior until his 3rd year.

I thought Johnny Moore was a freshman in 1976.  Abe showed up in Austin in 1976.  Moore's rookie year with the Spurs was 1980.  But sure, you're absolutely right, he was a finished product when he arrived.

1 hour ago, cafe society said:

I thought Johnny Moore was a freshman in 1976.  Abe showed up in Austin in 1976.  Moore's rookie year with the Spurs was 1980.  But sure, you're absolutely right, he was a finished product when he arrived.

I believe that Abe showed up after that season, Junior's soph season was over. I never said that he was a finished product when he arrived but to discount his first 2 years of development was inaccurate.

On 8/8/2020 at 8:34 PM, realgreggym said:

All that you have been doing since you started posting here is crowing about all the players you know, etc. You even did so earlier today. Big deal. That doesn't mean crap. I was friends with Dr Cooley but that doesn't mean I know heart surgery. I know more players than you do and you know what I call them? I call them fellow teammates. And as far as stating an opinion, you have yet to learn that your opinion isn't a fact and that a differing of an opinion from yours doesn't mean that the other poster is wrong. Maybe you'll figure that out one day. And btw, I am about 90% sure that I know who your Dad is and if I am right, your Dad had interviewed me when he was a member of the Austin sports media. 

guF0Yu89.jpeg