Habana - south congress

futureman

just wanted to say that my girlfriend and I randomly ate here yesterday only because the place nearby where we wanted to go ended up being closed.  I’ve  driven past it for years but have never gone in...  so, it was absolutely delicious.  for those of you that haven’t tried it I recommend it with high enthusiasm and implore you to give them your business.  I will be returning frequently. 

That was an old haunt of ours when I lived in Travis Heights (no humblebrag, this was long before it was trendy and back when it was cheap).  But that place made, as you'd expect, a great Cuban sandwich.  And of course, great coffee.  And then we'd go walk around the grounds and pick out a token $8 plant for the house or balcony.  They still seem to be thriving whenever I drive by, which isn't often these days.  Also, the Lechon Asado was as good as it gets anywhere in the U.S., although El Meson has one that very much rivals the plate with its own regional twist. 

Anyway, miss that place......need to go get something to go from there soon.  Maybe take the kids and walk the gardens afterwards.