John Belushi Biopic

RPM

The cast has been announced. Meet the newest Blues Brothers.

Actor and comedian Adam Pally is set to fill the rather big boots of John Belushi in a forthcoming biopic about the life of the tragic Blues Brothers star.

Bad Neighbours and Blockers star Ike Barinholtz is set to play Belushi’s longtime friend and collaborator (and future Ghostbuster) Dan Aykroyd, while Parks and Recreation’s Aubrey Plaza will play Belushi’s wife Judith Belushi Pisano.

Other real life people expected to appear in the film include Lorne Michaels, Robin Williams, and musicians Keith Richards and Rick James.

The film, rumored to be titled Belushi, will cover the life and career of the Chicago-born comic who shot to fame in the 1970s as a cast member on SNL.

Adam-Pally-640x360.jpgike-barinholtz.jpg

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

For those who were around then, we all remember that he was an incredible force field of energy and Dan was his perfect partner. As young as he was when he died, he would have died sooner if Dan and Judith weren't steadying influences on him, to the extent that they could be.

2 hours ago, msbesq said:

he would have died sooner if Dan and Judith weren't steadying influences on him, to the extent that they could be.

The stories of him just wandering into strangers homes drunk/high off his ass and being welcomed like a king are legendary.

16 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Because their successors were not as funny or talented.

It's interesting watching them trying to put lightning back in the bottle. Every now and then they capture a spark. Weekend Update is as strong as it's ever been you ignorant slut.

I can understand finding the next immediate cast unbearable, but to make that claim for the next 40 years is just a self-aggrandizing exercise.  If you can't find comedy in any of the following, you don't have a sense of humor:

Bill Murray (not an original cast member), Eddie Murphy, Laurie Metcalf, Billy Crystal, Christopher Guest, Martin Short, Jon Lovitz, Dennis Miller, Al Franken, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Kevin Nealon, Mike Myers, Chris Rock, Chris Farley, David Spade, Robert Smigel, Adam Sandler, Norm McDonald, Jim Bruer, Molly Shannon, Will Ferrell, Daryl Hammond, Tracy Morgan, Jimmy Fallon, Chris Parnell, Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, Maya Rudolph, Amy Poehler, Seth Meyers, Will Forte, Fred Armisen, Kenan Thompson, Andy Samberg, Kristin Wiig, Bill Hader, Jason Sudeikis, Bobby Moynihan.

Not to mention regular hosts like Steve Martin, Tom Hanks, Alec Baldwin, Danny DeVito, John Goodman, Christopher Walken, and even original cast member Chevy Chase.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I can understand finding the next immediate cast unbearable, but to make that claim for the next 40 years is just a self-aggrandizing exercise.  If you can't find comedy in any of the following, you don't have a sense of humor:

Bill Murray (not an original cast member), Eddie Murphy, Laurie Metcalf, Billy Crystal, Christopher Guest, Martin Short, Jon Lovitz, Dennis Miller, Al Franken, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Kevin Nealon, Mike Myers, Chris Rock, Chris Farley, David Spade, Robert Smigel, Adam Sandler, Norm McDonald, Jim Bruer, Molly Shannon, Will Ferrell, Daryl Hammond, Tracy Morgan, Jimmy Fallon, Chris Parnell, Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, Maya Rudolph, Amy Poehler, Seth Meyers, Will Forte, Fred Armisen, Kenan Thompson, Andy Samberg, Kristin Wiig, Bill Hader, Jason Sudeikis, Bobby Moynihan.

Not to mention regular hosts like Steve Martin, Tom Hanks, Alec Baldwin, Danny DeVito, John Goodman, Christopher Walken, and even original cast member Chevy Chase.

Justin Timberlake is hilarious

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I agree with your premise and your proof, but why is Laurie Metcalf third on your list?  She was on the show for half a season.  She's a funny actress but she has nothing to do with SNL.  Paula Elliott had more impact on the show than Laurie Metcalf.  

Anyway, a Belushi pic was bound to happen.  Let's just let it unfold and see what's what.  We've unpacked everything there is to unpack about him.  I'll regret saying this later but I think Barinholtz will do a good Aykroyd.  

4 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

naw, none of those people are funny. lulz.

I think the original not-for-ready-primetime players get way romantized. Yes, there are many classic bits and sketches, but have you ever watched every show of the first 5 years (100+ episodes). Trust me, it was not all comedy gold.

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

I agree with your premise and your proof, but why is Laurie Metcalf third on your list?  She was on the show for half a season.  She's a funny actress but she has nothing to do with SNL.  Paula Elliott had more impact on the show than Laurie Metcalf.  

Anyway, a Belushi pic was bound to happen.  Let's just let it unfold and see what's what.  We've unpacked everything there is to unpack about him.  I'll regret saying this later but I think Barinholtz will do a good Aykroyd.  

I believe he was listing them in order that they were cast. Or roughly, anyway. I don't think he was ranking them. 

16 hours ago, Lobo said:

You are correct about Metcalf.  Substitute Jan Hooks and we're all good. And I assume you mean Abby Elliott? I also left off current cast other than Kenan, otherwise I would add Melissa Villaseñor, Cecily Strong, and Heidi Gardner (sorry McKinnon fans, she's too one note for me).  Kyle Mooney is as avante garde as anything the show has ever previously provided as well.  There's been a plethora of very talented, very funny folks on the show since 1980. They don't all have to be your bag, but to make a claim there hasn't been anything funny on the show since then is ludicrous.  I've also watched all the original cast episodes. They were full of unfunny, bad skits.  That's just the nature of the beast.

And all apologies, but if you can't laugh at this, you are dead inside:

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

You are correct about Metcalf.  Substitute Jan Hooks and we're all good. And I assume you mean Abby Elliott? I also left off current cast other than Kenan, otherwise I would add Melissa Villaseñor, Cecily Strong, and Heidi Gardner (sorry McKinnon fans, she's too one note for me).  Kyle Mooney is as avante garde as anything the show has ever previously provided as well.  There's been a plethora of very talented, very funny folks on the show since 1980. They don't all have to be your bag, but to make a claim there hasn't been anything funny on the show since then is ludicrous.  I've also watched all the original cast episodes. They were full of unfunny, bad skits.  That's just the nature of the beast.

And all apologies, but if you can't laugh at this, you are dead inside:

One name:  Phil Motherfuckin' Hartman(RIP).   

• Hook 'Em 2