Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

Conflicting info at the moment.  Some of the vids may be graphic, don't click on them if you don't want to see that.

Here's one incident:

The mob rushes towards someone, yelling, "Let's beat him up."  A few seconds later, gunfire:

Others claim different:

Also reports that a man looting a business was shot in the head.  Not clear yet if that was a related prior or separate incident.

Edited by clapclapclap

If you are wondering where the national guard and police were, apparently they were downtown protecting targeted govt buildings from the peaceful protesters:

(They ended up moving the protesters back and deploying outside the fence.

The Wisconsin governor had deployed 250 guardsman to Kenosha, but refused a federal offer of 500 more.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/08/25/jacob-blake-shooting-white-house-says-evers-turned-down-federal-help/3439506001/

Supposedly this was the looting/destroying right before the first(?) shooting:

Edited by clapclapclap

I don’t agree with non-peaceful protesting but I understand it. Even thinking of the George Floyd video still raises my adrenaline levels. I can also understand the sentiment that non-peaceful protests can easily turn into nothing. That Belarus pic is nice but those protestors also know that if they throw a rock through one govt window, Putin might invade with the Russian Army tomorrow. Some countries have it beaten into them what happens with uprisings.

i can understand a police officer doesn’t want someone (suspect?) to drive off. Or perhaps theoretically grab a gun in a car. However when they shoot someone going down that path, they’re playing some cop Minority Report game. You MAY get a gun. You MAY run someone over IF you drive off. There are some potential bad outcomes, so I’m going to attempt to kill you to remove any chance.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Well he asked for it...

There’s so much stupid in this.Look at the guys holding the long rifles and captain spiers in his plaid shirt with a tactical vest and helmet ordering his soldiers of halfwits to do something.

Yeah, stupid games, stupid prizes and all that, but it's heartbreaking to watch nonetheless.  

The end of a life.  Over what?  

Nothing gained, nothing improved, no good cause championed. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

"it's okay for people to be shot, because there's pent up aggression as a result of systemic discrimination" -some surly poster

Well their lives are insured...so it's not a crime.

4 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Yeah, stupid games, stupid prizes and all that, but it's heartbreaking to watch nonetheless.  

The end of a life.  Over what?  

Nothing gained, nothing improved, no good cause championed. 

The video I saw of the first shooting supposedly happened because a dude was allegedly going to torch a vehicle on the premises of a service station.

Another video showed a guy wounded in the arm sitting down holding a handgun.

Jacob Blake isn't even dead. Let him have his day in court. If the cops get off, then you protest. 

I'd like to beleive that judges are going to start being a little heavier on the sentencing with everything going on.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Jacob Blake isn't even dead. Let him have his day in court. If the cops get off, then you protest. 

I'd like to beleive that judges are going to start being a little heavier on the sentencing with everything going on.

Let's wait to see if the justice system works or not?  How has that worked for the African American community in the past?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah.  Sigh.

Seeing this shit go down makes me sick.  Nobody trusts anybody (and why would they?  The justice system has done so right by them), rage, defensive rage in response, plenty of bad people taking advantage of chaos, people hurt and killed, damage that will take years to recover from, and along the way....police departments that steadfastly resist any meaningful attempts to reform them or address their broken culture.

This is going to keep happening, over and over and over.  It's perfect 2020 -- nothing gets better, it only gets worse.  Fuck.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.  Sigh.

Seeing this shit go down makes me sick.  Nobody trusts anybody (and why would they?  The justice system has done so right by them), rage, defensive rage in response, people hurt and killed, damage that will take years to recover from, and along the way....police departments that steadfastly resist any meaningful attempts to reform them or address their broken culture.

This is going to keep happening, over and over and over.  It's perfect 2020 -- nothing gets better, it only gets worse.  Fuck.

Yep. I'm asking people to try and be rational in the face of decades of a corrupt justice system. It's not easy. But there is a better way to go about this than taking the streets and shooting and killing each other.

• Hook 'Em 2

Lotsa vid clips in there, and it's hard to piece it all together. Here are my takeaways:

1) Those guys interviewed "defending" the gas station before the shooting said they're from out of town and came to help. Sounded like they didn't know their owner. They didn't strike me as idiot LARP'ers, and they sound sincere. But they're wrong. It's the owner's responsibility to defend his property. If he wants you there, he'll ask you. All they did was make it worse.

2) Not everyone rolling around in tach gear is an idiot Bugaloo/LARP'er. There are plenty of civilians with independent training and practice who are safe to defend businesses and property. If I had to defend my house, I'd look just like them. Body armor, AR15, backup weapon. I'm safe. Let's not lump all these guys together.

3) As per usual, it's hard to take sides over the events of last night. The guy who got shot might been a white supremacist. Mighta been an Antifa guy who faked it to cause trouble (he succeeded.) Or maybe he's just an ahole. Regardless, he'd be alive today if he'd stayed home. You can say that about most of the people hurt in these riots. Come early and protest then go home when it gets spicy. No matter how good your intentions, all the sides will use you as an example if you get hurt.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Lotsa vid clips in there, and it's hard to piece it all together. Here are my takeaways:

1) Those guys interviewed "defending" the gas station before the shooting said they're from out of town and came to help. Sounded like they didn't know their owner. They didn't strike me as idiot LARP'ers, and they sound sincere. But they're wrong. It's the owner's responsibility to defend his property. If he wants you there, he'll ask you. All they did was make it worse.

2) Not everyone rolling around in tach gear is an idiot Bugaloo/LARP'er. There are plenty of civilians with independent training and practice who are safe to defend businesses and property. If I had to defend my house, I'd look just like them. Body armor, AR15, backup weapon. I'm safe. Let's not lump all these guys together.

3) As per usual, it's hard to take sides over the events of last night. The guy who got shot might been a white supremacist. Mighta been an Antifa guy who faked it to cause trouble (he succeeded.) Or maybe he's just an ahole. Regardless, he'd be alive today if he'd stayed home. You can say that about most of the people hurt in these riots. Come early and protest then go home when it gets spicy. No matter how good your intentions, all the sides will use you as an example if you get hurt.

Agreed, and I basically said the same thing about #1 in the other thread.

If I’m not mistaken, a curfew was in effect.... so both “sides” had no business being on the public streets or parks.

20 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

What happens if the guy with the gun transported it over state lines, while underage? Go federal on his ass.

If the guy is18 or older and not a prohibited person,  there is no law against transporting a firearm to another state.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Let's wait to see if the justice system works or not?  How has that worked for the African American community in the past?

So this is a good alternative? There's a middle ground, right?

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yep. I'm asking people to try and be rational in the face of decades of a corrupt justice system. It's not easy. But there is a better way to go about this than taking the streets and shooting and killing each other.

It breaks my goddamned heart.

There SHOULD be a better way.  But is there?  I mean, we all seem to agree that a peaceful redress of grievances, to an audience that will listen, is the "right" way to go about it.  But we also know that peaceful protests, peaceful actions and gestures (can't kneel!) haven't just not worked -- they've been shouted down.  So now what?  Now where do we go?  To hell, it seems.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It breaks my goddamned heart.

There SHOULD be a better way.  But is there?  I mean, we all seem to agree that a peaceful redress of grievances, to an audience that will listen, is the "right" way to go about it.  But we also know that peaceful protests, peaceful actions and gestures (can't kneel!) haven't just not worked -- they've been shouted down.  So now what?  Now where do we go?  To hell, it seems.

This isn't working either. Unless chaos and destruction is what everyone wanted in the first place.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

This isn't working either. Unless chaos and destruction is what everyone wanted in the first place.

Agreed.

So nothing works.  

When you have an aggrieved section of the population, and we as a society have told them that nothing will work to solve their issues.....what the fuck do we expect to happen BUT social collapse?

That's why the Rule of Law is so damned important.  It's where everyone has a legitimate voice, and equal standing.  Except when it utterly fails.  Like it has with respect to law enforcement accountability.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

So this is a good alternative? There's a middle ground, right?

Look at his username.

Didn't you see the movie?

Let me refresh...

top-50-all-time-tarantino-characters-135550325243.jpg

Edited by Cajun
Says the guy with Anton Chigurh for an avatar. Beat you to it!
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Agreed.

So nothing works.  

When you have an aggrieved section of the population, and we as a society have told them that nothing will work to solve their issues.....what the fuck do we expect to happen BUT social collapse?

That's why the Rule of Law is so damned important.  It's where everyone has a legitimate voice, and equal standing.  Except when it utterly fails.  Like it has with respect to law enforcement accountability.

Well, change takes time and there seem to be enough people that agree that change needs to take place.

However, we live in the era of instant gratification and most people do not seem to understand that it takes time to enact change.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Any owner that cares about their business right now is a racist.  There's insurance for a reason?  What's more important to you,justice or money?  Let the carnage happen....for justice and equality.  Where's the fist in the air icon?  Come on Surly,it's an inexpensive add on.

5 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

However, we live in the era of instant gratification and most people do not seem to understand that it takes time to enact change.

The Civil Rights Era was over 50 years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Well, change takes time and there seem to be enough people that agree that change needs to take place.

You're right that change takes time.....but goddamn, they've waited a long goddamned time.  And MLK made a strong point from an Alabama jail cell:

We know through painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. Frankly, I have yet to engage in a direct action campaign that was "well timed" in the view of those who have not suffered unduly from the disease of segregation. For years now I have heard the word "Wait!" It rings in the ear of every Negro with piercing familiarity. This "Wait" has almost always meant "Never." We must come to see, with one of our distinguished jurists, that "justice too long delayed is justice denied."

We have waited for more than 340 years for our constitutional and God given rights. The nations of Asia and Africa are moving with jetlike speed toward gaining political independence, but we still creep at horse and buggy pace toward gaining a cup of coffee at a lunch counter. Perhaps it is easy for those who have never felt the stinging darts of segregation to say, "Wait." But when you have seen vicious mobs lynch your mothers and fathers at will and drown your sisters and brothers at whim; when you have seen hate filled policemen curse, kick and even kill your black brothers and sisters; when you see the vast majority of your twenty million Negro brothers smothering in an airtight cage of poverty in the midst of an affluent society; when you suddenly find your tongue twisted and your speech stammering as you seek to explain to your six year old daughter why she can't go to the public amusement park that has just been advertised on television, and see tears welling up in her eyes when she is told that Funtown is closed to colored children, and see ominous clouds of inferiority beginning to form in her little mental sky, and see her beginning to distort her personality by developing an unconscious bitterness toward white people; when you have to concoct an answer for a five year old son who is asking: "Daddy, why do white people treat colored people so mean?"; when you take a cross county drive and find it necessary to sleep night after night in the uncomfortable corners of your automobile because no motel will accept you; when you are humiliated day in and day out by nagging signs reading "white" and "colored"; when your first name becomes "nigger," your middle name becomes "boy" (however old you are) and your last name becomes "John," and your wife and mother are never given the respected title "Mrs."; when you are harried by day and haunted by night by the fact that you are a Negro, living constantly at tiptoe stance, never quite knowing what to expect next, and are plagued with inner fears and outer resentments; when you are forever fighting a degenerating sense of "nobodiness"--then you will understand why we find it difficult to wait. There comes a time when the cup of endurance runs over, and men are no longer willing to be plunged into the abyss of despair. 

How long?  How long do THEY need to wait, when WE (the folks in power) are the ones who have the power to act and need to act?

And as for "there seem to be enough people that agree that change needs to take place"....not so fast, my friend.  Let's not go far down the Cloak Room trail, but you and I damned well know that there are a shitload of people in power -- some of the highest seats of power -- who aren't just not helping the cause, they are actively fighting AGAINST it -- we need MORE militarized police, cracking MORE skulls, and the cops need MORE money to arrest MORE people.  No, the battle for opinion is not only not won, I think it's lost.

So, they have to wait forever....and the signals from the halls of power say "get fucked."  There is no hope, only "the abyss of despair."  More cities will burn.  More people will die.  Because this is how WE WANT IT TO BE.

• Hook 'Em 1