Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

I have not defended the shooter.  His terrible decisions are included in my post.

If we want things to change, we gotta stop enabling the dumbassery.   Denying that it is dumbassery is at the root of why it exists.

I agree with that, but what is the answer? Take away people's 2nd Amendment right? Not allow protests? I would like to know what you think should be done to handle it?

Just now, Thatguy said:

I agree with that, but what is the answer? Take away people's 2nd Amendment right? Not allow protests? I would like to know what you think should be done to handle it?

start by telling your kids, when the police say stop, or lemme see your hands, that reaching for a gun, knife or fuck you pig isnt the proper response  then go from there

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

start by telling your kids, when the police say stop, or lemme see your hands, that reaching for a gun, knife or fuck you pig isnt the proper response  then go from there

Many people have died without physical confrontations with police. Many more have been assaulted by police that we never hear about. Take in the case the girl from Miami that had a man point a gun at her and called the police. When the police get there she is obviously scared. Their solution was to violently take her to the ground and cuff her, and for what? She was the one who called them.

Or the 15 year old girl from McKinney who was at a pool party that got a little loud and police were called. Next thing you know she is being slammed on the ground with a knee in her back and cuffed. She was 100lbs and 15. Why treat her like that? Would they do that if there was a call saying teens were being a little loud at a poll party in Barton Creek? I think we all know the answer.

It's been there for over a century if you are paying attention. I am sure you have heard police say that it's difficult to get statements in Black Communities when crimes are committed. No one wants to call them. No one wants to talk to them. I can tell you for a fact that people in the Black Community are terrified to have them show up for any reason, and there is a long history as to why. They show up and now you are a suspect.

The Unruly Negro narrative has been the same narrative pushed since slavery. Sad to see 160 years later we are still addressing it on a message board.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Many people have died without physical confrontations with police. Many more have been assaulted by police that we never hear about. Take in the case the girl from Miami that had a man point a gun at her and called the police. When the police get there she is obviously scared. Their solution was to violently take her to the ground and cuff her, and for what? She was the one who called them.

Or the 15 year old girl from McKinney who was at a pool party that got a little loud and police were called. Next thing you know she is being slammed on the ground with a knee in her back and cuffed. She was 100lbs and 15. Why treat her like that? Would they do that if there was a call saying teens were being a little loud at a poll party in Barton Creek? I think we all know the answer.

It's been there for over a century if you are paying attention. I am sure you have heard police say that it's difficult to get statements in Black Communities when crimes are committed. No one wants to call them. No one wants to talk to them. I can tell you for a fact that people in the Black Community are terrified to have them show up for any reason, and there is a long history as to why. They show up and now you are a suspect.

The Unruly Negro narrative has been the same narrative pushed since slavery. Sad to see 160 years later we are still addressing it on a message board.

Interesting that you chose to focus on the unruly negro as you put it when I said kids I didn’t put a race you did. We have a society and culture problem with public enemy number 1 being the big bad cops while we continue to also see videos of people attacking police and trying to kill another human being.  Society thinks it’s acceptable to burn loot firebomb shoot you name it.   It’s a culture and society problem that starts at home.  But interesting your first thought was on a race 

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Interesting that you chose to focus on the unruly negro as you put it when I said kids I didn’t put a race you did. We have a society and culture problem with public enemy number 1 being the big bad cops while we continue to also see videos of people attacking police and trying to kill another human being.  Society thinks it’s acceptable to burn loot firebomb shoot you name it.   It’s a culture and society problem that starts at home.  But interesting your first thought was on a race 

This is the KENOSHA thread, correct? I ask what the move was, to which you suggested teaching people not to fight with cops. I took it, as most people would, to mean if Jacob Blake doesn't fight with cops we wouldn't be talking about this. Now if this were the Portland thread and I did that you would be on to something.

Also you said "your kids"

Edited by Thatguy

8 hours ago, Thatguy said:

"Jeremiah just wanted to find his car and go home, but he was trapped. 

A line of police in riot gear had just forced him and hundreds of other protesters out of Kenosha's Civic Center Park and into the street. After that, there was nowhere to go. Soldiers and cops blocked one end of the road. White guys with big guns blocked the other. 

It was past 11 p.m. local time Tuesday, the third night of protests after a Kenosha police officer shot Jacob Blake seven times in the back. Jeremiah had received a text from a friend saying a bunch of protesters had their tires slashed. He wanted to get to his car before vandals did. He decided the quickest path was to cut through a parking lot.

As he made his way toward it, Jeremiah saw more armed white men. Two crouched on the roof of a building, sniper style. Two or three others stood guard over the lot. One of them, a babyface with a backward ball cap, raised an assault rifle and pointed it at him.

Jeremiah, 24 and Black, was more annoyed than afraid. He'd been out protesting all summer, more than 90 days so far. He knew about these guys and their scare tactics, and he refused to be intimidated.

When the kid started yelling, Jeremiah shouted back: "I'm trying to get out of here. If you're gonna shoot me, just shoot!""

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/08/31/witnesses-kenosha-shooting-see-kyle-rittenhouse-shoot-protest-jacob-blake/5675987002/

I'm talking about the Rosenbaum dude(rip)

• 3 weeks later...

[no politics, relevant reporting from NBC]

Internal document shows Trump officials were told to make comments sympathetic to Kyle Rittenhouse

WASHINGTON — Federal law enforcement officials were directed to make public comments sympathetic to Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager charged with fatally shooting two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin, according to internal Department of Homeland Security talking points obtained by NBC News.

In preparing Homeland Security officials for questions about Rittenhouse from the media, the document suggests that they note that he "took his rifle to the scene of the rioting to help defend small business owners."

The Rittenhouse talking points also say, "Kyle was seen being chased and attacked by rioters before allegedly shooting three of them, killing two."

"Subsequent video has emerged reportedly showing that there were 'multiple gunmen' involved, which would lend more credence to the self-defense claims."

The document instructs officials, if they are asked about Rittenhouse, to say they are not going to comment on an ongoing investigation and to say that "what I will say is that Rittenhouse, just like everyone else in America, is innocent until proven guilty and deserves a fair trial based on all the facts, not just the ones that support a certain narrative. This is why we try the accused in the court of law, not the star chamber of public opinion."

Officials were instructed to bring conversations back to the need to preserve law and order: "This is also why we need to stop the violence in our cities. Chaotic and violent situations lead to chaotic, violent and tragic outcomes. Everyone needs law and order."

Sounds like some familiar talking points from this thread....

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2020 at 9:54 AM, Sgt Hulk said:

Actually, when the cops are bad the problem starts in the police departments, not at home.

Y’all do realize that police serving as professionalized public servants is the historical exception, not the rule, right? For most of American history they were just gangsters with badges. And until they support ending qualified immunity and actually forcing criminal cops to face legal consequences for their crimes, that’s all they’ll be.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...

Somehow we missed out on this story from mid-January: 

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/kyle-rittenhouse-seen-flashing-white-power-sign-drinking-alcohol-while-out-on-bail-99456581654

A more restrictive bond agreement is being sought for Kyle Rittenhouse, the 18-year-old accused of shooting two people to death during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Prosecutors say Rittenhouse visited a bar where he drank alcohol, flashed a white power symbol while being photographed and was serenaded with the "Proud Boys" theme. WTMJ's Tom Durian reports.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/kyle-rittenhouse-seen-flashing-white-power-sign-drinking-alcohol-while-out-on-bail-99456581654

A more restrictive bond agreement is being sought for Kyle Rittenhouse, the 18-year-old accused of shooting two people to death during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Prosecutors say Rittenhouse visited a bar where he drank alcohol, flashed a white power symbol while being photographed and was serenaded with the "Proud Boys" theme. WTMJ's Tom Durian reports.

I think that showed up in one of the Right Wing Terrorist threads.  There is a lot of Right Wing Terrorism to keep track of these days with all the capitol rioter IDs and Q anon in Congress threads.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Look at that sad, sad face.

Revoke bail?  They already amended his bond agreement for hanging out with Right Wing Terrorists and underage drinking (with his mom).  Seems like he should want to stay in the judge's good graces.  But then there is always the #YOLO #FAAFO mentality.

So I'm assuming he and Jenna Ryan are gonna open up a B&B together by this time next week?  

So this "ADULT" has been involved with the Proud Boys, the MAGA's, the Qanon's, the Boogaloo's, the Oath Keepers, the Three Percenters, et. al.?  All by the age of 18.  That's almost as impressive as Johnny Boy:

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

Lol, the okay sign is not a white power sign, NBC.

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

You're right, perhaps he was informing his dive-buddy that his tank readings were normal and he was ready to begin the reef excursion.  

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

Are you suggesting that a hand sign cannot have more than one meaning or even change over time and depending on the circumstances or context?

Tell us, what does this hand sign mean to you? ✌️

• the number two?
  • a gesture of peace?
  • a signal for victory?
  • an insult?
  • any/all of the above?
1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

Or he's doing it for the meme.

And, now, you're suggesting he's doing it as a mean for pretending to be a white nationalist/supremacist for the lulz while also hanging out with adult men singing the Proud Boys anthem. Are you suggesting he's not taking seriously the fact that he killed two people, and it's all really just fun and games? I mean, he's famous now and shit.

Why not just go for the simpler, more straightforward, explanation and take it at face value? Maybe he's actually using the hand sign to tell us (and his fawners) who he actually is.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

^ last pic there

Big difference, IMO, between doing it in a still photograph pose and someone being able to freeze-frame someone doing it through the course of a 45 minute talk.  I make hand gestures when I speak publicly all the time.  There are hours of footage of me on TV, you could easily pour over them and find me doing that same symbol a dozen times but in a fleeting moment as I go through remarks.  If a still photographer was to come into the room and ask me for a quick picture, I wouldn't make that sign with my hands.  Nobody would, except a child and the functionally retarded.