The Boys Season 2

RPM

3 hours ago, Juicy said:

I read originally that they were only going to drop the first 4 and then go weekly for the remainder of the season, anyone see an update on that?

First 3 only, then weekly. 

Aya Cash should be a good addition to the cast.  Patton Oswalt is also supposedly in this season in a secret role.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

29 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

First 3 episodes are out now.  If you liked first season, you'll like this.

One minor bitch- no spoiler but a character mentions Don Larsen's no hitter in game 5 of the 1956 world series.  Technically true, but it was also a freaking perfect game.  

Fuck. Need to resist the urge so I can get to bed at a decent hour tonight. I'll check it out tomorrow. Redid season 1 about a month ago - so fucking good. Prob my favorite show since Mr. Robot.

16 minutes ago, hornbri said:

Is anyone else having a issue with subtitles? I am watching on Apple TV and when Kimiko and her brother are "talking" I need to switch on subtitles. Shouldn't those just be automatic?

I had this happen during the last narc. Previously when spanish came on subs would pop up. Now I need to either have them all the time or never. My spanish isn't that good. 

49 minutes ago, hornbri said:

Is anyone else having a issue with subtitles? I am watching on Apple TV and when Kimiko and her brother are "talking" I need to switch on subtitles. Shouldn't those just be automatic?

Depends if you were meant to understand what they're talking about. If you're not supposed to be privy to the conversation, then you won't be shown subtitles.

Just now, CooterBrown said:

Depends if you were meant to understand what they're talking about. If you're not supposed to be privy to the conversation, then you won't be shown subtitles.

Well if I switch them to "on" I do understand what they are talking about but then I see the subtitles for the English as well. As long as those scenes are I am pretty sure they wanted us to know what they were saying. 

2 hours ago, hornbri said:

I had a similar problem when they talked. I got a black bar where subtitles should have been, but no text. I fiddled with settings (didn't really change anything) rewound and tried again and they worked. Figured it was just my FireTV acting up.

I get Stormfront wanted to cause as much death as possible to build up fear about Super Terrorists (Villain) but based on the reveal in episode 4, she also probably gets her jollies killing non-whites in the process. The look she gave some of the people as she was destroying the apartment complex takes on a different layer now.

Edited by mdmost

18 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

So everyone's in agreement that Becca wasn't raped by Homelander and that it was consensual, right?

Yeah, though it is interesting to see where she ends up this season. I was expecting her head to explode at some point during that episode.

I wonder if Stormfront goes back to the Nazi beginning of Vought as well. Her face being hidden in the flashback has to mean something as well.

On 9/6/2020 at 10:37 AM, CooterBrown said:

Spoiler

Hide contents

Stormfront is the name of a right wing white nationalist online community so I kinda assumed that would be the case.

And that online community came out of a previous bbs named Liberty Net.

Spoiler

With the Liberty/Stormfront reveal I am guessing she's some sort of long play by the original Vaught (compound V creator) for world domination.  She's way too powerful to just be waiting in the weeds all these years.  And they mentioned that Liberty was a spare super back in the day, now her powers are basically second to only Homelander.  So I am guessing there is some secret Vaught Hydra group separate from the corporation.