The Boys Season 2

RPM

4 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

With the Liberty/Stormfront reveal I am guessing she's some sort of long play by the original Vaught (compound V creator) for world domination.  She's way too powerful to just be waiting in the weeds all these years.  And they mentioned that Liberty was a spare super back in the day, now her powers are basically second to only Homelander.  So I am guessing there is some secret Vaught Hydra group separate from the corporation.  

Spoiler

Or maybe there is some booster juice they give to supes to pump them up?  And that's why Giancarlo isn't afraid of Homelander?

Just caught up last night.  

A couple of things I am keeping an eye on:

1.) What are Stormfront and Mr Andre up to?  It seemed like he unilaterally put her in the 7.  Then the Compound V story broke. He seemed like he had it under control and she's out there talking about how terrible Vought is.  They're up to something.

2.) I'm interested in what Black Noir is thinking.  They seem to put the camera on him when something is going bad for Vought or the 7 and he seems really interested in Butcher.  He may be looking to switch sides.  He's also kind of been a useless character, so it would give him something to do.

4 hours ago, d2o said:

Always thought that was understood.

For sure. Her demeanor towards Homelander definitely isn't that of a woman who's been raped by him and forced to raise a science project away from her husband. More that of a woman begrudgingly dealing with the consequences of her mistake.

It was just odd that, when trying to get Butcher to leave and never come back that she still went along with the lie, even though his hatred for Homelander because of the "rape" is almost certainly going to get him killed. Women be crazy, I guess.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I don't think I'd let someone that I used to love continue a self-destructive blood lust against an immortal super being just to save myself a little bit of shame.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/15/2020 at 12:55 PM, aggie08 said:

For sure. Her demeanor towards Homelander definitely isn't that of a woman who's been raped by him and forced to raise a science project away from her husband. More that of a woman begrudgingly dealing with the consequences of her mistake.

It was just odd that, when trying to get Butcher to leave and never come back that she still went along with the lie, even though his hatred for Homelander because of the "rape" is almost certainly going to get him killed. Women be crazy, I guess.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I don't think I'd let someone that I used to love continue a self-destructive blood lust against an immortal super being just to save myself a little bit of shame.

Agree.  I think it's just some sloppy writing if later it's revealed that she wasn't raped.  I was all was all geared up for her to drop the she wasn't raped during that exchange it was a perfect time to drop it, but instead it was I was raped but I really wanted to keep the child, and if she were in fact raped the entire setup is really weird.

My theory about Stormfront

Stormfront is Homelander's mother.

In a previous episode, Stormfront riled up Homelander to the point where he threatened her with his eye rays. That seemed to alarm her and she backed down. Well, now we know that she's more resilient than we first thought. He can make her feel pain but not really hurt her that much with his heat vision.

So why was she so alarmed when he got mad at her? It's not because she was afraid for her safety. Maybe it's because she was afraid pushed him too far and would turn him against her. Because he's her son.

Anyway, that's may theory and if true....ewwww.

22 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Why is everyone except Annie always in full costume? It’s weird.

Maeve wasn’t when she visited Elena earlier. Or when she was getting out of the shower in the most recent episode. 

Lamplighter wasn’t in the most recent episode. 

I’m sure there’s more examples. 

7 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Also, this is terribly racist, but she seems a bit Jewey to be a believable Nazi wife.  Slight casting error, but that actress is terrific nonetheless.  

This show is somewhat making me miss "You're the Worst."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Lamplighter is in hiding more or less after the burning video went public. 

but more to the point, deep has been out of costume a good deal. We saw a-train out of costume too I think. 

i think it’s part of homelander’s psychopathy to always be in costume, always be homelander. There is no other identity to that person. 

Black noir who knows, they’ve left him purposely mysterious and we only see him at voight or on a mission. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

16 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Stormfront's strong meme/propaganda game makes sense now with her Nazi origins.  

Also, this is terribly racist, but she seems a bit Jewey to be a believable Nazi wife.  Slight casting error, but that actress is terrific nonetheless.  

It's not surprising. We see this in real life, like with that punk that shot up the El Paso Walmart. The people who fall short of the archetype are often the most hateful.