The Boys Season 2

RPM

I'm finally caught up. The second season has been pretty good IMO.

Just about everyone who sits down to watch an episode of The Boys is prepared to see and hear things that they would not find on any other TV show out there, from boats driving through whales to The Deep's singing duet with his own gills to Stormfront's twisted story. Still, I doubt that even hardcore fans of Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson's comic book expected Season 2 to introduce the well-endowed supe Love Sausage by having his dong nearly choke out one of the main protagonists.

This short video has more information

This advertiser wants to share this with you

Ad by Sponsor 

See More

In Episode 6, some of the crew took a trip to the Sage Grove Center, the psychiatric hospital housing untold numbers of patients with Compound V-related powers. (Not everyone gets to survive with them, of course, thanks to Stormfront and Shawn Ashmore's newly introduced Lamplighter.) One of those patients was Love Sausage, a giant Russian ex-cop whose superheroic claim to fame is his giant penis...if the name wasn't already enough to sell that idea. In the midst of all the break-out chaos, Laz Alonso's character Mother's Milk finds himself being throttled by the impossibly long and flexible genitalia, and the actor thinks that Karl Urban set that sequence up as a prank. Alonso told EW that particular moment was not included in the episode script that he'd read, saying:

I read the first script. Usually when the scripts come out, I’ll just read the first version and then I’ll put it away because I like to be super, hyper focused on the episode we’re working on now. They usually give us the script for the next episode midway through the episode we’re working on. So, it can be a distraction if you focus on that. I read it just to know where my character is going and then I discard it. . . . There is no penis around the neck [in the original script]! So, we always tease each other, and always on set playing the dozens and cracking jokes. And one day in the makeup trailer, Karl is like, 'You ready for that penis that’s going around your neck?' And I’m like, 'Ain’t no way in the world there is a penis being wrapped around my neck.'

Famous last words, Laz Alonso. Anybody who watched the episode definitely saw Mother's Milk struggling to survive as an extremely veiny and gross-looking penis was wrapped around his windpipe, which I seriously doubt Frenchie will let him forget about for the rest of his life. But Alonso wasn't wrong when he said the scene wasn't included in the original draft of the script, as Eric Kripke confirmed that Love Sausage's inclusion came around late in the writing process, as the writers were trying to figure out a way to add more flavor (as it were) to the Sage Grove sequence.

So whenever Laz Alonso finally got around to reading the updated version of the Episode 6 script, he realized that Karl Urban's penis-around-the-neck jokes were most definitely based in reality. Here's how Alonso put it:

ADVERTISING

Ads by Teads

So, I finally get back to my trailer. I let my curiosity get the best of me and when I see that [in the new script], I'm like, ‘Oh my God. Karl is definitely behind this.' I am almost positive to this day he just pitched that idea to Kripke and Kripke with his sick sense of humor was like, 'It’s great! Let’s do it!'

For what it's worth, Eric Kripke denied that it was a Karl Urban-originated prank, but did say that it was "really funny" all the same. Kripke also said they made a 10-foot animatronic version of Love Sausage's man-parts and then added CGI to complete the effect. I'm guessing the CGI bits weren't what Laz Alonso had wrapped around his neck while filming. I hope somebody got to keep that prop to maybe make a scarf out of it, unless Love Sausage will factor into the upcoming spinoff series, of course.

The Boys Season 2 is currently airing weekly on Amazon on Fridays, and though that revised release schedule has angered plenty of fans, it certainly gives everyone more than enough time to reflect on Love Sausage's hog before moving onto the next episode. While waiting to see what zaniness is coming next, head to our 2020 Fall TV premiere schedule.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2555626/why-the-boys-star-is-convinced-that-wild-penis-scene-was-a-karl-urban-prank

Whoa

Who be poppin heads?

We saw that the bald girl Cindy has the ability to pop heads but I don't think it's her. Did you notice that Shockwave, the other speed demon, had his head popped too. Is it possible that that weird-ass church is involved since they're trying to get A Train back on the team?

I'm totally immersed in this. Have no idea whats going to happen but I have a few theories. 

Stormfront gets killed off by cindy. The season teasers where homelander is flying down covered in blood is from stormfronts head exploding. 

Mr edgar is stupid powerful sup

I was thinking Maeve's girl gets killed by Noir. Maeve goes into hiding.

Becky escapes and begs billy to help get the boy back and a big mission by the boys is the premise of the show.

No idea what this church thing does. 

On 10/3/2020 at 1:24 PM, Guadaloopy said:

The social commentary is a bit on the nose this season.   

It is interesting. I think a lot of people will stop at the obvious, low-hanging fruit, but there is a less obvious message that speaks to 2020 about how corporate America, social media, and corporate media can generate outrage based on misinformation and propaganda and mislead and distract the masses by selling them lies that feed their emotional outrage.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It is interesting. I think a lot of people will stop at the obvious, low-hanging fruit, but there is a less obvious message that speaks to 2020 about how corporate America, social media, and corporate media can generate outrage based on misinformation and propaganda and mislead and distract the masses by selling them lies that feed their emotional outrage.

Pretty sure that's the on the nose stuff he was talking about. Hence the angry white loser listening to "Fox News" every day, stoking his resentment of immigrants taking all the jobs sending big, scary super villains to our shores, until he finally snaps.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If he's younger, he's probably in the college spinoff series.

I’m guessing he’s under 21. It’s 3 young brothers that are all stuntmen. They all tried out for the part and one of them got it.  He also did the horse riding stunts for John Wick 3. 

i might have to rewatch that last 2 mins of the hearing a few times.

how many fucking heads exploded?

seemed really clear that Homelander was taken by surprise by everyone's head exploding.

even Stormfront seemed surprised (but she has shown an ability to act surprised really well)

I was starting to think that Homelander was going to knock up Stormfront and create a crazy super baby.... but maybe they turn 8 year old Ryan into a perfect Hilter Youth killer instead

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If all supes so far were created by V, how is anyone so sure that the child of a supe will also be a supe?  The only other supe kid so far is stormfront’s daughter that wasn’t one. 

The whole accelerated gestation and the glowing red eyes when Homelander made him angry aren’t enough to convince you?

I think he is saying that there is no guarantee since we know Stormfront had a daughter and they haven't given us any evidence that she is a supe. They've also stated that Homlander's kid is the first natural born supe. But it is still possible that Stormfront's daughter has some super powers that haven't been revealed yet, so we can't say that having a supe parent is no guarantee that the child will also have powers.

I think he is saying that there is no guarantee since we know Stormfront had a daughter and they haven't given us any evidence that she is a supe. They've also stated that Homlander's kid is the first natural born supe. But it is still possible that Stormfront's daughter has some super powers that haven't been revealed yet, so we can't say that having a supe parent is no guarantee that the child will also have powers.

Pretty sure Stormfront mentioned her daughter was like 80 and had Alzheimer’s. Maybe had also passed away. I can’t quite remember.
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If all supes so far were created by V, how is anyone so sure that the child of a supe will also be a supe?  The only other supe kid so far is stormfront’s daughter that wasn’t one. 

Homelander's kid is a supe and wasn't given V.

12 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Is she not? We don't know that yet. Just like we don't know who made those heads explode.

What do you mean we don't know who made the heads explode?  Has to be the crazy escaped woman from the Vought institute.  She made all kinds of shit explode.

12 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

His eyes did the red glow at some point after he got pushed off the roof. Maybe homelander was talking to his mom or something. Regardless, I definitely remember that happening.

But homelander was sure he was a supe before he pushed him, because he is his son. That’s why he pushed him. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Just now, hornbri said:

We know he is a supe, I guess we don't know for sure if he was given V

This part could be true but Homelander said he was the first natural born supe.   So if he was given V Homelander doesnt know either.   The only person who would have done it would be Stillwell I suppose

2 minutes ago, hornbri said:

So far there seems to be a lot of things Homelander does not know about how Vought operates. Homelander does not know what happened for the first 8 years of the kids life. The mom could have been kept in the dark about giving him V. 

Are we sure its been 8 yrs though?   I cant see a scenario where the mom would sign off on giving him V.

2 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

It's not her.  Their cop friend head exploded in one of the early episodes before that chick escaped.

Yeah, that looked like a sniper at first glance. But now it's clear that the same supe is doing it.

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But homelander was sure he was a supe before he pushed him, because he is his son. That’s why he pushed him. 

Homelanders powers don't include intelligence.  He is just such a narcissist that he would think his child must be one.  I don't think it's a world where every child born of a supe is a supe.