The Boys Season 2

RPM

On 9/26/2020 at 7:44 PM, bschoolprof said:

Also, this is terribly racist, but she seems a bit Jewey to be a believable Nazi wife.  Slight casting error, but that actress is terrific nonetheless.  

Possibly they did this on purpose so that literal Nazis don't idolize her character.

1 hour ago, ajax said:

Remember that girl power scene from Endgame?

tenor.gif

Powerful.

Well I think the Boys just topped it with their own girl power scene.

4i66mg.gif

Powerful.

You were imagining Stormfront was Captain Marvel, weren't you? You still can't let it go. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ajax said:

tenor.gif

Powerful.

4i66mg.gif

Powerful.

It was fun but they let her get away. When she was on the ropes, Kimiko could have completed the task by ripping her limb from limb. Would have been more satisfying to me than Homelander Jr. frying her to shit and letting her live.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, ajax said:

tenor.gif

Powerful.

4i66mg.gif

Powerful.

I refuse to believe that they shot the below scene with anything else in mind other than taking the piss out of that god-awful top scene.

• Hook 'Em 2

My spidey sense says Stormfront is dead (and they lied during the press conference about punishment) and Becca is not.

Stormfront has been outed, the Nazi thing is played out and repudiated by Vought.  Homelander's kid is out and about (and now traumatized) and the only person that will be able to control him will likely be Becca.

I admittedly drink while watching this show, and enjoy both very much.

*Narrator: He could be way off*

16 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

My spidey sense says Stormfront is dead (and they lied during the press conference about punishment) and Becca is not.

Stormfront has been outed, the Nazi thing is played out and repudiated by Vought.  Homelander's kid is out and about (and now traumatized) and the only person that will be able to control him will likely be Becca.

I admittedly drink while watching this show, and enjoy both very much.

*Narrator: He could be way off*

Based on the shows clear social commentary on current events, I wouldn't be surprised if she would still have a ton of support from the same people who liked her before being outed as an actual nazi.

On 10/5/2020 at 9:30 AM, aggie08 said:

Pretty sure that's the on the nose stuff he was talking about. Hence the angry white loser listening to "Fox News" every day, stoking his resentment of immigrants taking all the jobs sending big, scary super villains to our shores, until he finally snaps.

Exactly. Those that are jacking off to the obvious miss the subtlety of the real message.

if you are going to complain about how "on-the-nose" the message is about Fox, might also be worth stating that Newman is nakedly modeled after AOC...

not sure much is going to top Love Sausage this year on TV.  the violence is impossibly juvenile but fun nonetheless.

Great stuff, but someone mentioned Mr. Robot.  One of the things Mr. Robot did correctly was have a story arc that had a definitive ending.  I know this show is based on a graphic novel series that I never read.  I do hope there is a definitive ending planned at some point. I don't know if the comic had that, or if they just quit publishing (or even if they did quit).  The spinoff talk is concerning.  

I enjoyed this season, but I did feel like some episodes ran long.  And there are characters I just don't care about.  The only good stuff w/The Deep was Patton Oswalt, imo.  He's just a lame character, which I get is the point, but its boring.  I sure as fuck don't care about the assistant who got promoted and is basically just upset all the time and poor thing her hair is falling out.  Boring.

Frenchie's back story was good, and his character is fun for me.  Same with Kimiko.  And for a dude on the run Mother's Milk has the best shirts, period. “You can Lick. My. Big. Black. Balls.”  Awesome.  The Brave Mave bars made me laugh out loud.  The show does dark humor incredibly well.  I almost typed "subversive," but these days it sadly feels more like abnormal is normal.  

Not having read the comics, I also wonder if they have an "antidote" or "counter" to compound-V somewhere in the works.  Just spitballing, but that would make Edgar/Whoever at the top a lot more confident knowing that if the powers were given that they could also be taken away.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching The Expanse and finally started The Boys season 2. I noticed right away that the interiors of the Vought HQ skyscraper and the United Nations HQ skyscraper (in The Expanse) are identical. It makes sense given that they are both Amazon shows, but the building is fairly recognizable so it stands out from one show to the next.

After a bit of googling, the actual building is Roy Thompson Hall in Toronto and it’s been in multiple shows and movies. Maybe some of you already knew that.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 months later...

So I just finished Season 2, and those last 3 episodes still have me catching my breath.  Every super hero story pivots on its villains, and this one has two of the best.  Homelander and Stormfront are such evil assholes.  That season finale hangs with ANY season finale of any show.  

When does Season 3 drop?  My body is ready/