Cheese Enchiladas

Tailgate

36 minutes ago, luke duke said:

Weak onion game - 2 stars

Oh yeah - I mean, you're not entirely wrong, but those are marker onions to let me know which enchiladas have onions rolled in to them, which will be the ones that I smother with onions as soon as I take it out of the oven and will be the ones that I then scoop on to my plate.

• Hook 'Em 1

I didn't grease the pan, but the tortillas went from greasy plate to hot greasy comal to the pan where i rolled them. No con carne on the sauce -these were green enchiladas. Probably it would have been good to have some warm sauce to spoon over the enchiladas on the plate, and I might go 5 per row rather than 6 per row next time - I had to spill a bit of sauce in order to properly cover the enchiladas on either end. Admittedly not the most awesome looking enchiladas or picture - this was a "quick" weeknight meal while I was rocking a baby with my foot and the enchiladas sat there for a bit before i snagged a pic

image.thumb.png.9356d720713d0cc337ec474e5db7fb17.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

also, wegmans only had a few tomatillos and I didn't have time to go to Wal Mart (which is has the most hispanic shoppers and is typically the best place for many ingredients without driving in to the Mexican grocery in Raleigh) so I used canned tomatillos. I rinsed the shit out of them, didn't cook them (since they are already cooked and would have come apart i think) and went light on the salt. I don't have a reference with fresh but the sauce was tasty and I need to try making ninfa's green sauce with canned tomatillos, could revolutionize my whole life.

38 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I didn't grease the pan, but the tortillas went from greasy plate to hot greasy comal to the pan where i rolled them. No con carne on the sauce -these were green enchiladas. Probably it would have been good to have some warm sauce to spoon over the enchiladas on the plate, and I might go 5 per row rather than 6 per row next time - I had to spill a bit of sauce in order to properly cover the enchiladas on either end. Admittedly not the most awesome looking enchiladas or picture - this was a "quick" weeknight meal while I was rocking a baby with my foot and the enchiladas sat there for a bit before i snagged a pic

image.thumb.png.9356d720713d0cc337ec474e5db7fb17.png

Amazon has a quarter sheet pan and a quarter sheet sized cake pan by Nordic Ware paired.  Cake pan has higher sides and would appear to work well if using a red con carne gravy over the enchiladas.  Just ordered.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fast and easy.  Pound of hamburger browned and drained, added most of the big can (19 oz.) of Hatch brand medium red enchilada sauce (keep enough to cover bottom of pan).  About 4 ounces of hot home-roasted Hatch chiles from last season into the gravy, let it simmer.  Sprayed 12 tortillas lightly with Canola oil and browned on piping hot Blackstone griddle.  Grated 1 lb. of sharp cheddar, rolled the enchiladas, and put in pan after dumping remnants of enchilada sauce to cover the bottom.  Top with the enchilada gravy and any leftover grated cheese.  350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes, and you're good to go.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just grabbed a cheese enchilada from Texas Chili Parlor. Plus a side of the XXX chili. We were sitting next to the window and I guess a cloud caused the lighting to dim. Though for a couple of seconds that my body was shutting down for good: this is the big one Elizabeth! 

My god that was spicy. 

IMG_2927.gif

• Like 2

16 hours ago, NAVY said:

Just grabbed a cheese enchilada from Texas Chili Parlor. Plus a side of the XXX chili. We were sitting next to the window and I guess a cloud caused the lighting to dim. Though for a couple of seconds that my body was shutting down for good: this is the big one Elizabeth! 

My god that was spicy. 

IMG_2927.gif

I miss Chili Parlor enchiladas.  You guys in Austin need to hit them up and also get Pepe’s nachitos.

IMG_1684.thumb.jpeg.af5a35e21571350b9ab1aa1033c3b5f4.jpeg

IMG_1682.thumb.jpeg.d595a08763eec114a657192533906769.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1