Arsenal 2020-21: Here Comes The Arteta

shadow_operative

48 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

This is the type of game we’d lose or draw last season. Come on and hold.

41 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

Way to find a way to win

Both of these. Six points from six. Great start to the season. 

Oh, and fuck you nbc for putting the Liverpool match on that fucking Peacock 

• Hook 'Em 2

Couldn’t watch (fuck off, NBC) but did follow along with a few MBMs.  Most previous Arsenal sides would’ve capitulated after Liverpool went ahead and lost 4 or 5-1. This side battled the whole way and had a few good chances to level. Their third apparently was a handball that VAR missed. All losses suck, but we look to be improved over last year, and most importantly in the “intestinal fortitude” department. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

Most fans fault Kroenke for being an absentee owner, not wanting or willing to put any of his money into the club. But I suspect he wanted to see if the club, and Arteta could fix the club, make the right decisions, and the hard ones to turn the club around. Well, they got the job done as well as possible. This article strongly suggests Kroenke saw they did, and he came up with the money for Partey's release clause. The club didn't have the $59 million for this, so I strongly agree with the article.

Did Kroenke sanction the Party deal to keep Arteta at Arsenal?

It is clear that Ozil will never play another minute for Arsenal. Which leaves two questions to be answered. What did Ozil ever say/do to Arteta to be put in this doghouse? And why won't he agree to go to another team and actually play the sport he lives for?

I actually really like the guy and think he is still one of the premier players in England, but I have gotten tired of all the stories on a player we never see play anymore.

On 10/8/2020 at 6:49 PM, TexasBuckeye said:

It is clear that Ozil will never play another minute for Arsenal. Which leaves two questions to be answered. What did Ozil ever say/do to Arteta to be put in this doghouse? And why won't he agree to go to another team and actually play the sport he lives for?

I actually really like the guy and think he is still one of the premier players in England, but I have gotten tired of all the stories on a player we never see play anymore.

I don't think it is necessarily a problem with Arteta.  There have been photos/videos from recent trainings where it looks like Arteta and Ozil are on good terms.  I assume there are appearance/performance bonuses built into Ozil's contract that the club just doesn't want to pay . . . otherwise the whole situation makes no sense at all. 

Emery, Freddie, and Arteta now have all three independently had Ozil in the dog house, so there must be something there. That said, Ozil doesn't want to leave because he and his wife love London and he's making insane money to live there and train. my guess is he goes to Turkey for 2-3 years after this, and then maybe wraps up his career in the MLS. 

I’ve been optimistic about this match and not only because it is on NBC and not their Peacock bullshit. 

Lineup: Leno, Bellerin, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney, Ceballos, Xhaka, Saka, Willian, Pepe, Aubameyang. Partey named as a sub. City are without De Bruyne but Agüero returns. 

I’m feeling optimistic...2-1 to The Arsenal.

GOYG!!!

Edited by Dutch