Arsenal 2020-21: Here Comes The Arteta

shadow_operative

i think we are better with some combination of Holding/Mari/Gabriel than we are with Luiz involved. the switch to a 433 has been a good one that has seen us look much better in attack, but when we have both Luiz and Xhaka on the pitch together (and sadly we usually do need Xhaka in the starting XI) then that's two players who are, to borrow a phrase from basketball, "ball stoppers". we're at our best when everything is quick one-two's and when employ players who can routinely beat their man, eg Tierney and Saka.  i'd really like to see Holding and Gabriel form a partnership with Mari right there in the mix as a sub and for rotation purposes. i think that will just help our play be more positive and not stall out so much. 

great to see Auba bagging a brace. awesome job by Cedric to set up the second goal. the second half was the best half we've played in a hot minute. 3 points is always good, and with Partey, Gabriel, and Martinelli all returning the team, i'm hopeful that we have more good times going forward. COYG. 🔴

On 1/18/2021 at 6:31 PM, Buzzrock said:

Wow, Shrewsbury is in the middle of fucking nowhere.

look like a quaint medieval town.. was google street mapping..

--

anyway, Southampton took it.. so the rare back to back coming up with the Gunners.

FA Cup match - Saturday

League match - Tuesday

Southampton squad decimated with injuries and some covid.

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

spacer.png

Fixture list getting a bit thick...

A S'ton 1/23 & 1/26. Yeah, a whole two days rest between matches. 

H ManU - 1/30

A Wolves - 2/2

A Villa - 2/6

Edited by Dutch

On 1/21/2021 at 1:11 PM, yoladu said:

look like a quaint medieval town.. was google street mapping..

--

anyway, Southampton took it.. so the rare back to back coming up with the Gunners.

FA Cup match - Saturday

League match - Tuesday

😐

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

woeful. i never want to see Willian play football again. and unless we're on the verge of signing Giroud, Andy Carroll, and Mandzukic, then might k suggest we try something different than swinging the ball around the horn and then crossing it into the box 100x a game. 

Yep. Perhaps letting Kia Joorabchian dictate our transfer policy was a bad idea. Not to mention Pepe isn’t making his record transfer look like good business either. 

• Hook 'Em 1