Austin Peay vs Central Arkansas Aug 29 8:00PM ESPN

SimonBolivar

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

So with Covid concerns, do y'all think CFB should try to change a few rules to shorten the games this season to protect players??

A few to consider:

• Only stop clock on 1st downs during the last 2 minutes of a half
  • Restart clock after incomplete passes once ball is spotted except for the final 2 minutes of a half
  • Only 2 overtimes allowed, and teams must go for 2pt conversions 

Any other ideas to shorten games for player protection??

Once they're all together playing the game, I don't really think you'll be able to keep it at any reasonable football length without the risk being relatively similar. Would just be window dressing.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Once they're all together playing the game, I don't really think you'll be able to keep it at any reasonable football length without the risk being relatively similar. Would just be window dressing.

My question is more focused towards depth issues for teams because players are out due to Covid.  Shorten games to hopefully reduce injuries and help with depth issues...

Ways to shorten games this season...

• Only stop clock on 1st downs during the last 2 minutes of a half
  • Restart clock after incomplete passes once ball is spotted except for the final 2 minutes of a half
  • Only 2 overtimes allowed, and teams must go for 2pt conversions 

that was NOT a penalty

what the fuck is a offensive blocker supposed to do when hes got an opponent looking away but running towards him?

is he supposed to just stand there and let himself get trucked by the opponent that doesnt even know hes there?

Edited by AUS-97HORN

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

that was NOT a penalty

I think technically it was, but it is what is making football shitty

plus I think there was a much more egregious hold just beyond the play possibly even an offensive player pulling a defenders facemask......but of course it is shitty to make a bad call and excuse it because a real penalty was down the field

but I think it was a "blind side" even if a very ticky tacky one

So the Ohio Valley Conf decided that they werent going to play this fall.... and their teams were on their own if they wanted to play OOC games... yet they still get a fucking conf advertisement in this game??

thats some bullshit... 

EDIT and now I have to add the Southland Conf to the same bullshit.  They also ruled their conference wouldnt play this year and they also get a fucking conference advertisement. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

So the Ohio Valley Conf decided that they werent going to play this fall.... and their teams were on their own if they wanted to play OOC games... yet they still get a fucking conf advertisement in this game??

thats some bullshit... 

EDIT and now I have to add the Southland Conf to the same bullshit.  They also ruled their conference wouldnt play this year and they also get a fucking conference advertisement. 
Is there some unwritten rule like in baseball where if you dont play football you can't run an ad? Not following you here.

12 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

thats some bullshit... 

They must be playing on TV under a conference contract since the conference ads are part of those TV deals.

9 minutes ago, markstanco said:
18 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Is there some unwritten rule like in baseball where if you dont play football you can't run an ad? Not following you here.

their conferences basically washed their hands of these teams, told them to cancel their seasons or play on their own.... so they are playing on their own, and they still have to have a conference advertisment be broadcast. 

I mean shit, they should be able to have 2 ads for their school rather than 1 school ad and 1 conf ad. 

• Like 1