New Theme

4 hours ago, bob in houston said:

Let me know what you think and changes that need to be made

When posts are quoted, the subject bar is really pronounced. 

My eye is immediately drawn to the 4 hours ago, bob in houston said:

Can you make that title bar a lighter color?

13 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

I really really like the post layout a lot better, it's much easier to read. However the background image honestly sucks, seems a bit too much like your first website on Lycos.

this essentially nails it.  the new layout is awesome and relatively clean.  really like some contrast between posts a lot.  for the list of forums when one is in the forums, i might change it from black on white to something that pops a bit more. 

but the stadium pic in the background is aaaaawwwwwwful.  really cheapens the rest of the site a lot.

as the arbiter of all taste in all things fine in this world, i would strongly recommend dumping that pic altogether...but at least get rid of the zoom and stretch on a low res pic.

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Can you share the URL? For some reason it blocks every element BUT the background for me.

http://www.surlyhorns.com/board/uploads/monthly_2018_04/DKR-2hb27kp.jpg.f4cdd3e3f96f26dbd253db8d64158fcc.jpg

Edited by GSU&UT
  • Like 1

As a long time guest to Shaggy and the UT fanbase I just want to make the comment that Shaggy was an awesome site and I will miss the shit there.  I am grateful to the posters and blacklab for welcoming me as a kansas fan. 

That being said, this site is really developing into an awesome format.  I am enjoying every feature and am happy to see most of the posters made it over here.

Thanks for the hard work to please a bunch of assholes.

-dave

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

I really really like the post layout a lot better, it's much easier to read. However the background image honestly sucks, seems a bit too much like your first website on Lycos.

So much this. We need something that really ties the room together

2 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Very, very nice.

Background image with a full stadium would be an improvement. After USC game I am sure someone will have one.

2 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

So much this. We need something that really ties the room together