2020 US Open tennis

shadow_operative2.0

11 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Tsvetana/Vekic will be very easy on the eyes as well. 

So much of women's tennis these days is power AND beauty. I find myself watching for one and then being wowed by the other, back-and-forth. I'm not sure if the women's game has ever been more solid from a skill perspective and the rest is just icing on the cake.

ON A FITNESS NOTE:

I'm wondering how long a Sakkari vs Giorgi match could go before one of them started to wear down.

Their combined BMI is less than Serena's or Sloane's. (Let's not bring Klijsters into the convo, because she's had three kids and works all of the time off the court.)

ON A CONFIDENCE NOTE:

Sloane just looked confident pedaling on a stationary bike checking her texts & IG before ESPN went to commercial. She looks as cool and confident as I've seen her in years.

Sofia Kenin also looked like good in the snippet that they showed. She seems to be able to kick herself into hyper focus when needed.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Vika/Sabalenka on ESPN2. 

I would like to challenge Sabalenka to a drunken coconut oil wrestling match when the virus is over. Best 30 out of 59 rounds. 

There is something about her 22 y.o. bounce that I find intriguing in a wrestling manner. 

47 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I would like to challenge Sabalenka to a drunken coconut oil wrestling match when the virus is over. Best 30 out of 59 rounds. 

There is something about her 22 y.o. bounce that I find intriguing in a wrestling manner. 

She would crush you like a grape.

aryna-sabalenka-im-very-different-on-and

23 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

She would crush you like a grape.

aryna-sabalenka-im-very-different-on-and

22 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

And now, pequeno Argentino, I crush your head with my thighs . . .

miami-united-states-of-america-march-21-

Of course she would, that’s why I want best 30 out of 59. She might get bored and want to start doing other things. 

FAA dominated Murray.  Murray wasn’t bad, although he’s clearly lost power and speed, but that forehand from FAA is tremendous.

The men’s draw would be improved by Djoker losing.  I have no desire to see him win a depleted open.  I’d love to see one of the young bucks make a run.  Even if it’s Thiem who seems like a douchebag.

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

sloane took the first set at 2.  she has serena on her heels.  it'd be fitting if serena just quit.

I’m just wondering what the excuse will be if Sloane closes her out. 

No way will it be “Sloane Stephens is a better player than I am when she plays her A game.”

Serena isn’t capable of crediting an opponent with being better. She is truly a miserable fucking human being. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1