2020 US Open tennis

shadow_operative2.0

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Oof. Looks like Djokovic is going to have all his results invalidated.

spacer.png

Yup. And he's probably going to get a fine as well. Sucks because he's such a talent but he lost his cool and is waaaaay too experienced to lose his chill like that. I mean, hit the ball into the stands (nobody is there). Smash your racket (you're rich you can afford to get another custom made stick for $1500). Do ANYTHING other than that dude. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Well thats false, and proven so. He slammed a ball against the wall earlier THAT MATCH and didnt even get a warning. Why? because it didn't hit anyone

That’s just what I heard.  Sorry! I don’t know my tennis rule detail. 

holy smokes. 

she's young, she's going to be good.  I think her build/strength is the future of women's tennis, kind of like when Tiger was dominate the men's golfer prototype changed from a little pudgy to ripped.  The williams sisters have required more from their competitors and the next dominant champion will be more like them than past champions.

Edited by troph

11 minutes ago, troph said:

holy smokes. 

she's young, she's going to be good.  I think her build/strength is the future of women's tennis, kind of like when Tiger was dominate the men's golfer prototype changed from a little pudgy to ripped.  The williams sisters have required more from their competitors and the next dominant champion will be more like them than past champions.

1) She’s 25, I believe. 

2) I guess that you missed Martina in the ‘80s and other than Capriati (‘roids?), no one copied her. 

3) Are the women required to have a thigh taped in order to be allowed to advance to the Quarters?

28 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

I had to look it up but Jennifer Capriati is 44.

Only 6 years older than Serena, which is kind of crazy because it seems like its been ages since Capriati was relevant.  Not a huge Serena fan, but watching her blast 125 mph serves in the 3rd set at age 38 is pretty impressive. She's a f'n tank. 

29 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Only 6 years older than Serena, which is kind of crazy because it seems like its been ages since Capriati was relevant.  Not a huge Serena fan, but watching her blast 125 mph serves in the 3rd set at age 38 is pretty impressive. She's a f'n tank. 

Capriati controversially defeating Serena at the US Open is the reason we have hawkeye!

Edited by perfectchaos007

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Looks like Kenin is on her way out. Down a set and a break in the 2nd

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Gonna miss the little green skirt if Sofia doesn’t wake up. 

I think that she is still in the Women’s Doubles draw with Azarenka. But yes, I agree.