2020 US Open tennis

shadow_operative2.0

35 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Lol Microphones caught Azarenka yelling "fucking shit!"

"FUCK" & "FUCKING" are such great words that even ESLs love to use them.

Vika looking like a player... finally. BREAK!!

2nd set Vika up 3-2 and serving. Finally getting some first serves in and tee-ing off on Serena's second serves. If Serena doesn't turn it around soon, she'll tank and then push in the 3rd. It looks like Serena doesn't want to waste any energy returning serves at the moment. ALL or NOTHING... and Vika holds at love.

At 30:30 Vika was running Serena back and forth like and older sibling messing with a younger sibling and then does a double to the same side, but even close to the line and Serena couldn't react. Too old and fat to spring back.

Serena will be a threat until match point, but Vika is in a good position.

Too bad that this isn't like the World Cup and the semifinal losers play each other before the women's final.

i want to see brady/serena. 

absolutely thrilled the way vika was able to respond after the first set.  she figured out how to handle serena's return and then started blasting shots.  considering her history with venus this took off the charts mental toughness.  serena threw everything she had at her.  so impressive.  i hope she doesn't have a let down match.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

i want to see brady/serena

absolutely thrilled the way vika was able to respond after the first set.  she figured out how to handle serena's return and then started blasting shots.  considering her history with venus this took off the charts mental toughness.  serena threw everything she had at her.  so impressive.  i hope she doesn't have a let down match.

Again, that's why there should be a 3rd Place Match!

4 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

These days the only tournament with a third-place match is the Olympics

7 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

yeah, would be nice. but 3 days in a row for the 3rd place participants wouldn't fly. 

Wed / Thurs / Saturday is not "3 days in a row".

If they want 3rd place money instead of 4th place money, they would do it.

If they want to be on the podium, their sponsors would sure as fuck make them do it.

It would be the warm up to the women's final.

Same with the men.

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Wow. Zverev just hit a 136 mph second serve. He wants this.

I wonder if this is the BIRTH OF ZVEREV as a major contender for the next decade.