Tell us about your pathetic attempts to get people to vote, or even swing their vote.

tantric superman

So I decided I am going to use this mayhem to contact folks on my contact list who I really should contact more often and make sure they have a plan to vote for the right guys.  I made a couple of calls today, and realize it's early, but I'm not going to do a phone bank, I am just going to reach out to friends/family and make sure they are voting at least. 

So called three nieces this evening.  I asked if they had a plan.  One is voting absentee, one is going to early vote, and one told me, when I asked when she was going to vote, that she was "going to vote on Election Day".  I told her that wasn't a good plan, and that early voting started on October 13, and told her I would text her to remind her, and she said she'd put it on her calendar.

That is far from a cool story bro but this thread is to see if anyone has any cool stories where they actually got someone to the vote or may have influenced them on a personal level.  As if anyone needs to be reminded to vote this year.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I simply use thew tricks I see here on Surly. I've found calling  somebody an asshole, questioning their human lineage, calling them a POS, calling them racist, or a communist usually does the trick to swing people to my way of thinking.  Your results may vary.

Your father was a hamster and your mother smelt of elderberries.

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I simply use thew tricks I see here on Surly. I've found calling  somebody an asshole, questioning their human lineage, calling them a POS, calling them racist, or a communist usually does the trick to swing people to my way of thinking.  Your results may var

When I say that to Trumpsters they perk up and insist they aren't commonists.

On 8/30/2020 at 10:58 PM, tantric superman said:

That is far from a cool story bro but this thread is to see if anyone has any cool stories where they actually got someone to the vote or may have influenced them on a personal level.  As if anyone needs to be reminded to vote this year.

In order to get moderates/fence sitters to vote, I organized a boat parade on Lake Travis today.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I simply use thew tricks I see here on Surly. I've found calling  somebody an asshole, questioning their human lineage, calling them a POS, calling them racist, or a communist usually does the trick to swing people to my way of thinking.  Your results may vary.

Ya know. I was gonna vote for Biden then some guy on a college message board on a political forum called me a dummy In a post and I got  so  mad about it I decided to vote for trump.

And no I’m not a dumbass. Why would you ask me that? 

5 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Nobody is gonna bother with trying to convince you of anything except maybe that drinking bleach cures covid.

It does you know. Just ask the president.